1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

That's basically what I am saying too, except for the rate part. Every year how many teams are there to contend with a superstar and how many teams to contend without a superstar. For example is there a team without a superstar that is expected to contend? These kind of teams are not constructed often but if you can construct them, they have good chances to win. It is an easier route for the management to get a superstar and try to surround him and hope for the best. That is mostly why we see that construction. But it doesn't imply superstars win championships and the other style doesn't.

There is another part to this story. I grew up in european sports culture. And in europe contending is not the only goal or not really related to being a fan that much. People are happy if the team is trying its best and putting a good product on the field relative to their capacity. There are smaller rivalries etc. And that's why it doesn't really bother me if the team does not contend as long as I like the play on the court, the effort, the coach, management decisions etc. In the states most people think 'what is the point of doing this if we are not going to win it all?'. The type of fandom in europe maybe exists more in college sports in the us.

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. RocketsDraftTV

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

HardenReturns and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  4. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

HardenReturns and hakeem94 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

brother the stats are not the player...
    i love the stats but player with reputation(something that harden has and sengun hasnt), gets to stat pad despite being weaker basketball players skills wise

so yeas he is more reputable and it allows him to statpad, but he is not better than sengun, eg hed lose to sengun playing 1 vs 1

take ball from hardens hand and he becomes the ultimate trash

it wouldnt be fair in such a circumstances to claim he is not elite just as it is not fair now to think less of sengun just cause he is played out of position and the ball is taken from his hands

harden couldn't win in ideal circumstances and sengun is still good with his own coach benching him and holding him back, playing him out of position, publicly shaming him, taking ball out of his hands and playing him 15 minutes a game LOL

context.... circumstances...

Of course a player in more favorable circumstances will do better and put a better stats. A player with better teammates, coaches, team playing to win, ball in his hands.

What you miss & didnt do a good job of, is stripping the circumstances then comparing!

Intelligence is defined as ability to discern WHAT IS ESSENTIAL FROM WHAT IS ONLY CIRCUMSTANTIAL!
    Context rules!

#1925 hakeem94, Mar 1, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thats also what they said when i claimed 10 and more years ago that durant harden and westbook are as talented as michael jordan...perhaps(perhaps!) i missed it a bit but these boys did pretty good...

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

at 61
    i read the names up the list and i am confident there is no more than 10-20 players that would give alpi trouble playing 1 vs 1

he is just too good... a walking mismatch...has great handles so he plays like a big guard but doesnt need guard tricks to get to the rim and can always transform dribble into postup.... he can guard bigger and smaller players but both bigger and smaller players have trouble guarding him!

the most fascinating fact about him is he only ever played only 12(TWELVE) full nba games in his career (of 35+ minutes)
    the sky is the limit!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@AlperenSengun
    @AroundTheWorld
    @Ankara1923

Anthony Davis is shooting 23% on 3 pointers this year, last year it was 18%, the year before that was 26%.....

29% for his career

lebron james is shooting 30% on his 3s this year

ja morant is shooting 31% from 3 on the season

jimmy butler is shooting

24%,
    24%,
    23%
    and 32%
    on 3s for his last 4 seasons...LOL

Giannis
    30%
    30%
    29%
    27%

Rockets and the rockets fans are clearly being perfectionists!

Why then the rockets fans pick on alpi for not shooting 3 pointers or shooting them badly and consider him not franchise player due to this? basketball morons?

HardenReturns and Ankara1923 like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Alp's 3 pt shooting is not effective,, very low yield. I fed up to expain again, again and gave up

Basic SWOT analysis, S (Strength part):
    -JGreen: Scoring
    Alp: Playmaking/Assisting/Off rebs
    Jabari : Def Rebounding
    Tari: Hustling/stealing/Off rebs
    TyTy: Playmaking/Floaters
    KJM: Cutting/Dunking/Demoralizing the opps

Force Alp fo better playmaking/Assisting and help JGreen better shooting. Don't waste time for secondary issues before solving primary problems.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This thread has become more of a clown show than KPJs.

Dismissal of stats and facts, outrageous claims, coach/teammate blaming turned up to 11.

Dobbizzle and fryjol7 like this.
  12. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Rockets games are not exciting anymore.

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think human beings are made of diversified minds for a good reason and it is beneficial to humanity in general.

Thus we as humans will have a better chance of surviving and prospering because there will always be one group that will be close to the truth due to a sheer wideness of the specter of diversified thoughts we are able to think as a group...

btw the most genius ideas look like idiocy or joke oftentimes until they are universally accepted.

Ankara1923 and HardenReturns like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if posters can just keep up the good work, this thread should reach 100 pages by tonight or tomorrow

marky :) and jordnnnn like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There's always some conventional wisdom that certain kinds of teams/players can't win a championship... until they did.

Remember Barkley used to say jump shooting teams can't win in the playoffs? Now the whole league is a jump shooting league.

People is now saying an unathletic no-defense passing big man can't win a championship. Well I don't know if Jokic will ever win it all. But I wouldn't write him off just because he doesn't fit the conventional wisdom. The same reason I wouldn't write Sabonis or Sengun off.

I have to admit, I thought trading Haliburton for Sabonis was a stupid move. But now I see how it works out for them. Not because Sabonis is a better player than Haliburton but because he fits Fox much better. Or maybe I should say that Fox fits Sabonis much better than he fits Haliburton. If the Kings don't become a contender in the next few years, that's most likely because management screws up, which is not surprising for this franchise.

AlperenSengun and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I dont think Jalen Green can do this!

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thank you for your contribution.

P.S.: Alperen Sengun is a franchise player.

HardenReturns and hakeem94 like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If harden comes back, sengun gonna b relegated to a Robin. Hopefully sengun can absorbed and learn from another passing maestro

HardenReturns likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Better to build around than Damian Lillard!

this will age like a fine wine!

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They can pass to each other.

Game recognize game.

hakeem94 and HardenReturns like this.