1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Highly doubt it. Harden has a history of being lazy and showing up out of shape. He clearly prioritizes things other than basketball.

I don't see him being the guy to be obsessed with basketball enough to defy the odds when it comes to the natural decline that comes with aging.

He's been looking to be carried ever since he left Houston....in fact, that's the reason he forced his way out to begin with. He was tired of putting forth the effort to carry a team back when he was 31.

He's still massively talented, but he had a 5 year peak and has been coasting ever since. There's no chance he makes it to 40 in the league like Stockton did.

I think his first season back, he'd be awesome, then the effort would taper off from there.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see a trifecta of JH, JG and L Baby soon.

RasaqBoi and Dredd like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You had to go there. @Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum and JayGoogle like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alas that is the direction they wanted to go from the start but yeah I know Harden is going to be 34-35 when the pups are hitting 20-22.

Old Santa grandpa is coming to town.

Picture is misleading.

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Y2JT and JayGoogle like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol…Real talk tho, u wouldn’t be a fan of those 2 lineups?

ElPigto likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden the player I want

Harden the leader ... ehhh , maybe if these young guys had shown they already had good habits .

Idk how he is gonna help bring a culture of accountability ... especially when we aren't competing. Harden can be locked in and trying but thats when a championship is the goal. What's his mindset going to be when we our goal is just to make the playoffs ?

Max salary and no state income tax is nice for sure . 4 years is a risk

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hell yeah I am. I like Sengun, but the love fest has gotten a bit over the top now. I'd drive him to the airport if it meant pairing some better talent with Harden. Sengun who?

Reeko likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would do that. I love Sengun as a prospect but Siakam would be a much better fit for that kind of team, Bridges too but I don't know if Sengun would be enough for BKN. His stock is high right now might take Sengun + KJM/Eason +Picks or something. I think Bridges stock is sky high right now. I guess maybe we could give some of our picks back to them too.

Reeko likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I would definitely get behind these lineups. Getting wemby/harden leaves the door open for so many possibilities going forward. This is how you actually get young players to gradually learn and develop. Not throw them all in the fire without any direction or anyone to learn from on how to win in this league

luckyman76 and Reeko like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If a young player won't listen to an MVP, a future HOF, then that young player has to go. Finding that out quickly would accelerate our rebuild.

jerryclark and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think the current version of James Harden is an unbelievably good fit with this team. I cannot think of a better fit.

He is the PG they need and do not have. He is someone Jalen, in particular, can learn a lot from. And he can get these young guys the best looks of their careers. I want it to happen

Y2JT, jbond77 and htownrox1 like this.
  13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

NO, under any circumstance

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d give BK back a couple of their picks as well for Bridges

a frontcourt defense of Bridges, Bari, and Wemby

[​IMG]

Siakam my backup option since he has just 1 year left on his deal and would certainly cost less…would need a commitment to re-sign or an extension to be worked out immediately tho

I think we could be a 3 or 4 seed in the West immediately with either of those lineups while looking forward to the continued development of Green, Bari, and Wemby

Wemby, our future franchise player, would immediately be playing in games of substance and experiencing winning

[​IMG]

luckyman76, Y2JT and JayGoogle like this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

If we get wembanyama I would just trade green too. Green for lillard!

16. Dredd

Dredd Member

How come the report doesn't say Harden wants to play with KPJ?

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

If we get Wemby, Harden is signing with us. Consider that a done deal.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This report is like the same as your wife/girlfriend sayin' you're getting some and then you get to bed and she said "nah, I changed my mind".

I'll be patient and wait until the summer to see if he actually does it. No need for this smoke up my ass....

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

in addition to a Sengun for Bridges or Siakam trade, I’d also fire Silas and hire Ime Udoka and let him pick his assistants

dream scenario

Harden
    Green
    Bridges
    Bari
    Wemby

coach Ime

S_Marley21 and DatRocketFan like this.