1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Who Would Win Between Rockets and Houston Cougars?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Feb 27, 2023.

?

Who Would Win?

1. Houston Rockets

79 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Houston Cougars

61 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If the rockets were draft eligible tomorrow, where would they fall? Green, Sengun top 5. Bari, KMJ top 20. The others would be late first, 2nd rounders or undrafted. The rockets would win, but if they come out cold Sampson could keep it close with his draftable talent...Jarace, Sasser and Mark.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you don't understand how bad your take is because you don't understand that your take like removes basic capitalist incentives. Like the core basics of human self interest and capitalist desires are thrown out the window for your take to be anywhere within the realm of reality.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i know you don't understand you're one of the worst posters that thinks they're correct all the time. talking too much doesn't make you right. spamming all day long doesn't make you right

4. fchowd0311

Do you think you are correct?

You are also showing lack of basic self-awareness now also

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I know i am especially coming from you. more times than not i definitely don't want to be on the same side of a topic. that's already been proven a long time ago

6. fchowd0311

So now you've moved on from your original premise. I don't know how you trying to say I post a lot makes your argument stronger? Unless you've moved on from that argument and this is your way of acknowledging that your initial take was stupid.

7. fchowd0311

So a lack of self-awareness it is. Most people here think they are correct when they express their argument.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm telling you what you do its that simple. you can take it however you want it. makes no difference to me. you can talk talk talk talk all day as usual or shut up. do you

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

in your case well you can't see you're consistently off on topics around here. that's a you problem

10. fchowd0311

So I'm assuming you've changed your mind on your original premise? People express acknowledgement of being wrong in different ways. Your way is to insult them. That's fair. It's a very common thing on the internet these days.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said take it however you want. spam away

12. fchowd0311

Okay we are debating whether the Cougs can beat the Rockets. Just a reminder of what the original Convo was

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Rockets as bad as they are, have several players who would be superstars on a college team. Many others on the roster would have been starters on good college teams. When you have this kind of talent, you would be a top seed in March Madness. So in terms of talent, the Rockets beat the Cougars hands down.

BUT, as many has pointed out, the Cougars are well-coached and well-motivated, playing as a team. The Rockets are dysfunctional playing with little cohesion. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cougars beat the Rockets in a single game. Anything can happen in a single game. But if it is a seven-game series, I'd give the nod to the Rockets. Talent wins in the long run.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think the overall takeaway is that we have now reached the point of Tilman where reality and fiction are blurred.

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He’s a nephew of Jason Sasser, he played at Texas Tech and got a cup of coffee in the league circa late 90’s

Marcus is projected to go late first/early second and should be a nice backup guard in the league. He’s got a good handle, has a lethal step back and is clutch as hell. If he were taller he’d be a lottery pick…plus he’s a fantastic on ball defender :cool:

#135 groovemachine, Feb 28, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Exactly this.

Easy likes this.
  17. Aware

Aware Member

Are people actually arguing this? like in good faith? lol cmon bru

The rockets lose to nba teams.
    UH lost to temple.

htownborn34 likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Could Temple beat the Rockets?????

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I have to ask before I vote…is Silas still the coach?

20. VanityHalfBlack

My local rec center with a lineup of plumbers can beat the rockets.

Manny Ramirez and ChillyPete32 like this.