1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is is the expectation that interest rates will go down soon? I found a decent summer beach house but don't want to be stuck at 6% interest for years.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. astros123

astros123 Member

Not till q4 of this year. Fed will pause rates in summer then start to cut them in q4 or q1 of next year. This is according to the bond market if you read the 10yr. Economy will be booming come election time 2024.

Trump will lose big

3. SuraGotMadHops

Cry kid.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

You folks are literally radical domestic terrorists. Normie voters are scared of you crazy effs. You're losing elections everywhere lol

5. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Lol, curious, who would you allow to vote?

6. SuraGotMadHops

You are a nutcase.

blue_eyed_devil and King1 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your Evening Briefing: Last Year Was Really Bad for Retirement

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-02-23/bloomberg-evening-briefing-last-year-was-really-bad-for-us-retirement-savings

excerpt:

Many Americans avoided looking just to spare themselves the pain, but that didn’t stop their 401(k)s from plummeting in value last year. The average loss was around 20%, thanks to the market’s nosedive. Now Fidelity Investments is reporting some more bad news for the biggest savers, saying the number of retirement accounts with $1 million or more fell by whopping one third. And the outlook isn’t much better for 2023, as investors continue to battle with lingering inflation. Rob Arnott, co-founder of Research Affiliates, contends that the US stock market’s fall “is far from finished.”
    more

8. dmoneybangbang

The report shows that in fact it is you and yours..... Not surprising with the violent rhetoric that is coming out of the right.....

astros123 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Kind of a water is wet article.....with the market crashing in 2022.

I got ~30 years until retirement so 2022 was a great time to add to my 401Ks. Sorry boomers.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

is that a trendy ownage phrase these days?

you posting a video of Biden stumbling is not much better than Tinmans fixation on wokeness, transgendering the kids and people moving out of california. I honestly don’t understand conservatives these days. It is mind boggling to me that this is how you entertain yourselves, or worse, those are the issues you choose to spend your time focusing on.

I don’t pretend to know you, your education, your intellect or background. But my default is that people are reasonably smart, educated and normal. Which is why I can’t understand what is going on with conservative posters here. It’s like you all have brain damage.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have persevered. My standard of living doth not fall.

Slava Ukraini!

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Anyone who didn't have a criminal history and a valid driver's license or passport. On criminal history, people do make mistakes so I would have to evaluate that.

Who would you? Drug and alcoholics like Chowd? No wonder our country is trash

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It’s the new “but Obama uses a teleprompter”

Republicans love to create drama and outrage but never offer actual solutions for anything. Problem is society at large is much more educated. Posts like this about Biden stumbling or Tinman’s woke of the week comes across as just sad.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I have conservative friends who talk about issues that actually matter, like crime, education, the Harvard case before SCOTUS, the economy, the impact of AI on the next generation, the shrinking of Catholicism and Christianity, and so on. So it’s not everybody. Granted, these folks are college or graduate school educated people who are reasonably mature and normal.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Curious are they Trump or DeSantis supporters?

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My 2 cents is that the Fed will fight and over correct against stagflation. You'll get an occasional pause in rate hikes because Powell is a p***y and the Fed is trillions deep in Monopoly money bank ledger debt but a sustained lowered rate this year can potentially undo what Powell claimed to want to accomplish in his Jackson Hole speech last year.

Even the Feb reduction (a 25bps hike but a reduction from expectations) while Powell touted disinflationary numbers caused dummies to start buying homes again. And just recently they revised Q4 numbers that said customer spending actually lowered. Truly a bifurcated market of haves and have nots...

So you'll only get a drop in rates when there's a face ripping day or week at the markets. But those are usually liquidity induced, so you better have a great credit rate to secure that loan.

I was expecting recession last year but the market started off hot this new year while claiming we already bottomed. Just a plain disregard to boom and bust cycles because the Fed always spikes the punch bowl (while inside trading until they can 'retire').

These folks who claim inflation has been tamed are likely as wrong as claims of us being in a recession. Part of it is because business media trains retail investors to blindly follow agency and Fed reports that they almost always revise a quarter later.

We haven't fully taken our licks with inflation and the textbook says stagflation first, then recession. I don't know if Volker really killed stagflation or if he followed trends but Powell is a believer in his playbook.

#2936 Invisible Fan, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    Corrosion likes this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

You miss the part the fed board is controlled by dems hand picked by biden. They'll cut rates going into the election. Don't be naive. Democrats stick together and they all like biden.

They'll have his back. They'll cut early next year

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

lol

The veneer of the Fed being all knowing wizards of the economy will start to fade when inflation, stagflation or recession runs off the rails. I'm sure they're doing their damnedest to prevent a market crash but lowering rates maintains inflationary pressure upon main street and retail customers. Like I mentioned before, the market ripped earlier this month when Powell meekly pumped his fist with a 25bps rate hike. That might have pleased his corporate overlords but the reaction now is that the strong numbers will call for a 50bps rate hike in March. Jamie Dimon even called out Powell for losing control of inflation. What a joke.

People are claiming victory against transitory inflation while I'm still paying fifteen dollars for a basic sandwich. That's probably the biggest pleb issue than Joey B hooking up his cadre of Blackrock cronies.

Corrosion, Astrodome and King1 like this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

You brainwashed Republicans realize that trump literally gave away 2.3 TRILLION dollars of tax cuts which 83% of it went to top 1%. It just baffles me how utterly dumb you folks are. Trump/bush/regan were all trickle down tax cuts that literally helped Wall Street.

Biden literally raised taxes on corporations and gave IRS 83b to go after the rich. I'm sure Blackrock is bending over backwards over increased auditors. Bidens SEC is the most aggressive SEC in decades. Google Gary ginsler.

It fascinates me how dumb the base is about their party's policy's. You folks are so brainwashed by foxnews garbage.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Last year was spectacular for my retirement account .... then again, I manage it myself rather than paying some assclown 2% to earn me 12% in a good year and lose 20% in a down year.

If you saw the growth chart, you'd just shake your head in disbelief ... 2023 has been wonderful too.

rocketsjudoka likes this.