1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Peter Cornell?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TECH, Jul 22, 2004.

1. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Sorry, I couldn't hold back. Remember Peter Cornell from last preseason? If we don't find a backup center, is this guy available? He seemed decent to me, we just had Yao, Cato, and Amaechi that weren't going anywhere. Now that Cato and Amaechi are both gone, we have room.

2. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Who was that? Give me stats and stuff please. I just don't remember him.

3. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I don't have any stats, but he was a 6'10 (I believe) white guy, could jump, strong, and seemed competent on defense. I didn't see any offense out of him though.

Calvin Murphy was impressed with his jumping, and rebounding. It was quite amusing listening to Calvin.

4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

How's about Chris Cornell?! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

He'd be a f'n better back-up center than THAT guy. Sweet Jesus Christ Pose!

5. xlr817

xlr817 Member

:D I wish he returns to soundgarden! .....Oh Well!

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Exactly!

:D

I'll bet my Rusty Cage that we can get some dude from the WNBA that could do a better job.

Seriously though ... we're trying to compete with Dallas, SACKramento, LA, etc. We simply CANNOT have someone named Peter Cornell backing up Yao & think that we can compete. Just being sane here.

Sorry, TECH ... I'm not REALLY this much of an A-hole, but I just had to get this off of my chest.

7. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Wow that dude looks awesome in that pic!

West side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Reminds me a young Grant of portland trailblazers

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

HAHAHA!!!

Lock this Thread, Keeley! (whoever you are)

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Some dude... :D

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeah, he's a good singer...

[​IMG]

Oh, did you say CHRIS PARNELL? Or was it Chris Cornell? :confused: I'm confused...

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

What about the Great Cornholio?

12. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i forgot all about him,he did good though,like i suggested giving scales a second loo at least why would it hurt to give em a seond look

13. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

Peter Cornell looked good in pre season last year. I would like to see him in for a try. A very smart player and all hustle.

14. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Peter Cornell is playing on the Utah Jazz' roster in the RMR.

15. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah in Rockets' open practice last season..I think that's what it was called..Steve bounce passed it to Cornell for a dunk...you know alleyoop..but instead bounce pass :) Cornell seemed like he could jump. That's it. He hustled too. How tall was he? 6-10?

16. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

:eek:
    OMG, NO, NO, NO, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone but Cornell. I attended a couple of Rockie Mountain Revue games in Salt Lake City. This Cornell dude is the suckiest suck on the Utah team. The dude has zero offense, marginal defense, terrible hands, and no heart. His existence defines the word "scrub". For the pure love of basketball, everytime the Utah coach subs him in, I cringe. I seriously hate seeing him on the court.

He's got an OK basketball body, but so is the dude in that picture.

Forget about it, I'd rather have Moochie as our backup center than this Cornell guy.
    :eek:

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Cornell is probably more realistic than someone like Dampier, considering the lack of centers in the league, the money it takes to get them and the Rockets' larger need for a point guard. I wouldn't be surprised to see us plug in a big guy with a resume similar to Cornell. We did like his hustle in the preseason last year, but I don't think he'll be the one. In addition to not having NBA experience, he isn't veteran in any other league, plus he doesn't have outstanding height or bulk. I doubt Cornell would be in line ahead of any of our PFs to play backup center. I'd think we'd get someone of similar scrubbiness, but either a veteran who fell out of the league or a guy with some real size.

18. jkg123

jkg123 Member

Cornell would be a nice fit. Great energy guy. Does anyone remember what happened Braggs last year??

19. calbear

calbear Contributing Member

oops...delete

20. TheReason

TheReason Member

How about Leon Smith from the Sonics summerteam? he had 5 blocked shots in 1 quarter and all of em were with authority. Didn't seem like he had a horrible offensive game either.