1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Kenny Smith blasts Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 15, 2023.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

None.. and none

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hiring a Alpha Male Leader is really needed on the Rockets.

A Former Player, Coach, Hiring Sam Cassell would be really interesting, if Sam is Interested. Sam knows the 1in 4 out System the best. The 1995 were the First Team ever to play that system.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. 34to11

34to11 Member

I don't think I've ever seen a comment more devoid of context in the last decade.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I’m not really a fan of Kenny Smith. He was a disappointment in the NBA and only has any name or credibility because he played with Olajuwon on those Championship teams. He was a good 3 point shooter and that was it.

Post retirement I don’t find him to be terribly interesting or informative. He isn’t even funny. If he hadn’t gotten his TNT gig when he did, he wouldn’t have that job. There are others out there better than him.

Still, what he said is the same that a lot of people around the game have said… and that cuts across players, media and front offices… the Rockets leadership is viewed as really bad right now.

I heard about it out of Chicago late last year, that something was off in Houston and it has built from a few voices that quite a few.

So I won’t rip Kenny on this one… he is right.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not sure if irony is what you were going for but you nailed it.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

There are no roles assigned. It’s AAU ball in the NBA. A great tank recipe though

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

[​IMG]

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

If you have to be disingenuous to defend your position perhaps its time to reevaluate that position.

Calling that 20/21 team a team full of "vets" is about as dishonest as you can get without flat out lying.
    Silas inherited an absolute shitshow starting with an out of shape superstar actively trying to play his way out of town and continuing with a team featuring a shell of John Wall, the oft-injured husk of Victor Oladipo, and of course the resurrected corpse of Demarcus Cousins.

And that 2nd year of "vets and young guys" featured a guy who has been passed around the league like a Kardashian (Wood) along with coveted roster gems like Daniel Theis, Danuel House, and David Nwaba plus 15 games of Dennis Schröder.
    All playing alongside a group 18, 19, and 20 year olds.

Silas may deserve some scrutiny but this is a FULL rebuild, so unless you were expecting Eric Gordon to carry the day then yeah, context matters.

But maybe that's just me so... by all means, carry on.

II

peleincubus likes this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

getting top draft picks is only a part of the process...

i'm just praying at least some of this ineptness is an attempt to 'muddy the waters' regarding our tanking... i mean Silver said he was gonna come down on teams flagrantly tanking... could some of this just be subterfuge towards our bigger goal of landing a top pick this year...?

thats my hope at least...

i mean... could a professional sports team really be run this poorly?

esp given Frittatas ego...?

10. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I’m pretty sure he was saying the same thing with the kings and 76ers when they were rebuilding ….

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Exactly this, his conceited attitude when he tries to come off as smart is so off-putting to me. Plus Kenny loves to chime in and trash us when we're down and then act like's he a fan when we're up. It's like he thinks he's the spokesperson for the Rockets because he was the "Jet" - he wasn't - and some leader in our team getting 2 trophies. I love how Shaq & Charles mock him for this. "Dream carried your ass."

Having being part of our organization does not give this guy any authority or credit to speak on it. And you do not get to be a fan when we make the WCF, wear a Clutch City jersey and all that, when at the same time not show up for a reunion - don't care of he had to be in the studio, you can take a night off for your brothers - and only criticize us when we're down.

fchowd0311 and pippendagimp like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when he sprinkles quotes like ‘There’s an 18-point scorer on every team in America.' -- clearly sh!tting on sengun and green while saying this roster has zero promise, sorry but i gotta rip the little b!tch..

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

But every team does have somebody that scores 18 points, just because he's usually a clueless blowhard doesn't mean it's not true.

If I told you Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell were extremely promising parts of a teams future would you be hyped or roll your eyes.

Nook likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

Kenny’s job is to say “something” about each team. He doesn’t know what is going on for every team. He is 90% correct in his assessment of us. I follow only one team and what he is unfortunately right. Kenny was like Wood as a player so it stings to hear his thoughts because I don’t like him already. Kenny probably has moved to the rest of the league before he ever made that statement. We need to move on from him now.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro can u name any GM who would even trade one of green or sengun for BOTH them spurs?

16. Radricky

Radricky Member

He was good enough dunker to be in the dunk contest

Nook likes this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

Kenny sounds like my bitter exes that talk **** about me bc they’re not relevant in my life anymore lol

18. txtodd

txtodd Member

Kenny helped bring two championships here, so he's baby mama level important.

maj21 likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

There's also Jeff Hornacek and Cayleigh Griffin who I'm sure have things to say but can't say them. Richard Jefferson is another that has come out and said things after getting into it with Dubose. Infighting between Mario Elie and Ryan Hollins. Iciness at times between Hollins and Ackerman. Green/Jabari and Sengun/Jabari and Sengun/Silas all getting into squabbles.

It seems that this organization is rotten to the.....

Nook likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Got your mom on speed dial............ ;)