1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hello friends and enemies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by finalsbound, Feb 9, 2023.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why did you leave boulder? Deion buy your house?

finalsbound likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Welcome back!

DD

finalsbound and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. CrazyJoeDavola

Ummmm *cough*

Ixnay on the oesmay

B-Bob, AroundTheWorld and finalsbound like this.
  4. NateNate

NateNate Member

You emailed me your school paper to plagiarize back in 2007 when I was using my other account (francisfan?? or something like that). People dogged me in that thread for even asking and you came in clutch. That was cool of you & even though it’s something small I’ve always remembered that. Thank you, again and welcome back! @finalsbound

Ottomaton, IBTL, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Glad you're back. Always one of my favorites...

finalsbound likes this.
  6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Aw shucks, you’re welcome. I totally don’t remember doing that but it sounds like something I’d do! Hope you passed…

Thanks for the love, y’all. We’ll have to get a bball game together sometime. I have a bad back but I’ll try. (Bob Sura may or may not show up. We just don’t have that intel at the moment).

I’m afraid I can’t talk about the rockets anymore because I don’t watch sports. Just can’t get into it these days. I’ve heard UH is good, so looking forward to the tourney, but I can’t follow them all season. I guess I’ve just become a boring middle aged woman who doesn’t understand the point.

tl;dr I thought I bled rockets red but turns out it’s only regular blood. Sad

(I just found out upon google searching that someone named Stephen Silas is our coach. And we have John Wall? Does he play? You know what, never mind).

Don’t hate me y’all. Sometimes you just grow out of things.

rocketsjudoka and IBTL like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do you have kids now?

finalsbound likes this.
  8. finalsbound

Covid. Don’t wish to elaborate.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You guys know each other outside of clutchfans??? Dang that's cool.

Wait does that mean Jontro's name isn't really Jontro?

10. finalsbound

No, just my 12.5 year old lab. Highly doubt it will happen at this point but who knows. Not against it but I’d rather only ever be responsible for myself. It’s exhausting to love something so much.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a mixture of things, but yeah, exhaustion is right there in the middle of it. Our two are grown now and years on their own, with good careers, thank goodness. Just the two of us in our house with a 9 year old Labradoodle. You might say we came full circle. I had a Labradoodle when I met my significant other back in the '70's, but the Australian fellow hadn't come up with the name for them yet.

We came very close to not having kids, spending our time traveling, listening to music, being free. It's a cliché, but it definitely changes your life. Glad you're back, Finals.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t blame you for not talking about the Rockets anymore. Sometime you grow out of things and sometimes things just suck so much they fall out of your life.

Of course next season if the Rockets go on a Stros like run I’ll be there in GARM saying I never doubted them!;)

Deckard likes this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep, I get that. The entire NBA is kind of unwatchable right now. WAY too many 3 pointers. And it seems like the teams wear different uniforms every night. I can't identify with them anymore. Every time I turn on a game, I can't even tell who's playing. I turned on TNT the other night to see who was playing and the Blazers were wearing green and black. WTF??

I watch every UH game though. I've been a fan since I was a kid during Phi Slamma Jamma. And I think Kelvin Sampson is the best coach in the country. By far.

Other than that, it's just baseball for me. Not just because the Astros are winning. I just love the game. It never changes. And there's something comforting about that.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

desihooper and ima_drummer2k like this.
  15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They tried this years ago and it didn't last. We'll have to wait and see this time. I am glad they're doing away with the shift though. And the bigger bases....not sure that will make a difference either way.