1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2023 Big Board/Prospect Talk

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Sen89, Jun 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lol TJ super old school.

The kid's parents probably just wanted their kids to share both last names. It's just a name.

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

3. comrade

comrade Member

Gradey is also an excellent, intelligent cutter and I think he would really thrive in a Sengun offense

4. larry cook

larry cook Member

Kel has the tools and size to become a modern nba big. Anthony Black and Noah Clowney are a few of my favorite intriguing prospects as well.

5. TheBeastSystem

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

TOP-50 PROSPECTS:
    Wrote this up before the Brandon Miller news dropped so take that with a grain of salt

1. Victor Wembanyama | Big (C) | 7'4" 225 | Metropolitans 92 (France) | INTL | 19.5
    • Really nothing to say here that hasn’t already been said. Simply a ridiculous prospect, just hope he stays healthy.
    2. Scoot Henderson | Guard (PG) | 6'3" 200 | G-League | YR 2 | 19.4
    • Hard not to see him becoming a Franchise-PG in the mold of a D-Rose or Ja Morant. He’s a leader, he’s aggressive, and he’s explosive.
    3. Brandon Miller | Forward (SF/PF) | 6'9" 200 | Alabama | FR | 20.6
    • Can’t argue with his high-volume scoring #s, plus he’s leading one of CBB’s best teams. His length and ability to score from legitimately anywhere makes him the de-facto top guy after the Top-2.
    4. Cam Whitmore | Wing (SF) | 6'6" 230 | Villanova | FR | 19.0
    • I’m certain Whitmore will be a better player in the pros than in CBB, where the paints are packed. His ability to get downhill (+ his strength/explosiveness) will be a nightmare at the next level.
    5. Anthony Black | Guard (PG/SG) | 6'7" 205 | Arkansas | FR | 19.4
    • The newest big-PG in the line of Josh Giddey, Dyson Daniels and others like Lonzo. Black is unselfish, can defend multiple positions, and has shown he can score when needed.
    6. Jarace Walker | Forward (PF) | 6'8" 235 | Houston | FR | 19.8
    • Walker was made for the modern game, as a strong/athletic 4 who can slide down or up a position, and switch on anyone. His offensive game shows some promise, even if it’s early.
    7. Keyonte George | Guard (PG/SG) | 6'4" 205 | Baylor | FR | 19.6
    • George is a scoring combo-G in the mold of Jamal Murray. His efficiency will need to improve at the next level, but he’s one of the best shot-creators/makers in this class either way.
    8. Jett Howard | Wing (SF) | 6'8" 215 | Michigan | FR | 19.8
    • Any 6’8” Wing with Howard’s J and smooth skillset is going to be enticing. The rest of his game is coming around, but range/switchability is always a great place to start in the modern NBA.
    9. Amen Thompson | Guard (PG/SG) | 6'7" 195 | Overtime Elite | YR 2 | 20.4
    • Maybe the most polarizing prospect in this class. He’s an oversized PG who’s extremely explosive as a finisher and creator, but his low competition-level and lack of a jumper are major Qs.
    10. Gradey Dick | Wing (SG/SF) | 6'8" 210 | Kansas | FR | 19.6
    • Like Howard, Dick is an excellent shooter with legit size from the Wing. He’s not quite as smooth with the ball, but he’s definitely not one-dimensional either.
    11. GG Jackson | Forward (PF) | 6'10" 225 | South Carolina | FR | 18.5
    • Another polarizing prospect, as his ability to create shots/score from 3-levels (at his age/size) is rare, but his efficiency has been poor and he’s also been inconsistent in other areas.
    12. Ausar Thompson | Wing (SF/SG) | 6'7" 200 | Overtime Elite | YR 2 | 20.4
    • Amen’s brother has similar strengths/weaknesses, but from the Wing…he’s slightly behind as a creator and slightly ahead as a shooter. Will also need to answer similar Qs.
    13. Brice Sensabaugh | Wing (SF) | 6'6" 235 | Ohio State | FR | 19.7
    • Sensabaugh is one of the more unusual guys in this class, as a wide-bodied Wing who’s efficient in the mid-range and from 3. He isn’t a freak athlete but his frame gives him some defensive upside.
    14. Cason Wallace | Guard (PG/SG) | 6'4" 205 | Kentucky | FR | 19.6
    • Wallace projects an elite on-ball defender with solid size from the 1-spot. He’s early in his offensive development for a lottery-PG, but he plays within himself.
    15. Maxwell Lewis | Wing (SG/SF) | 6'7" 195 | Pepperdine | SOPH | 20.9
    • One of the more dynamic scorers in this class, Lewis is a strong shooter who can score from all 3-levels. But it’s yet to be seen if his numbers were inflated by competition.
    16. Taylor Hendricks | Forward (PF/SF) | 6'9" 215 | UCF | FR | 19.6
    • Hendricks also has Qs about his competition-level, but fits the modern-4 archetype otherwise, as a strong athlete who’s versatile on D and has some range/ball-skills for his size.
    17. Sidy Cissoko | Wing (SF) | 6’7” 215 | G-League | YR 1 | 19.2
    • Cissoko’s a smooth Wing who can handle, defend and has been hitting 3s at a good clip this year. But he hasn’t been very assertive and needs to show he can put it all together (consistently) first.
    18. Rayan Rupert | Wing (SG/SF) | 6'6" 190 | NZ Breakers | YR 1 | 19.1
    • Long and athletic Wing who will likely excel in the more open NBA game. Will surely be an asset on D and in transition, but his 3-ball is still inconsistent at best.
    19. Dariq Whitehead | Wing (SG/SF) | 6'6" 200 | Duke | FR | 18.9
    • Top recruit who’s struggled most of the year, but clearly has chops as a shooter and as a shot-creator that he hasn’t fully shown. Needs to slow down and find the groove he had in HS.
    20. Baba Miller | Forward (PF) | 6'11" 210 | Florida State | FR | 19.4
    • Baba is incredibly raw, but when he shows flashes, it’s scary. Definitely a loooong-term project, but his fluidity/handle for his size makes his upside on O very high (and on D too).
    21. Kel'el Ware | Big (C/PF) | 7’0” 215 | Oregon | FR | 19.2
    • He’s had an up-and-down season at best but has had to come off the bench and also, play the 4. But the upside of him developing into a rim-running floor-spacer is enticing.
    22. Nick Smith Jr. | Guard (SG/PG) | 6’5” 185 | Arkansas | FR | 19.2
    • Most have NSJ in the Top-10, but I’m clearly lower on him. The 3-level scoring ability is there, but his frame and other parts of his game aren’t developed enough to warrant a lotto pick, for me
    23. Leonard Miller | Forward (PF) | 6’10” 215 | G-League | YR 1 | 19.6
    • Another Miller who’s a long/athletic F, but this one has a clearer role and path. He’s an active athlete who’s good on the glass and very fluid/mobile, but is still quite raw on O.
    24. Jalen Hood-Schifino | Guard (PG/SG) | 6’6” 210 | Indiana | FR | 20.0
    • A big Frosh-PG who’s shown flashes as a scorer and a creator, but not always consistently or together. But the tools are clearly there, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him rise.
    25 Kris Murray | Forward (PF/SF) | 6’8” 225 | Iowa | JR | 22.8
    • Keegan’s twin brother brings a lot of the same tools, as a combo-F who’s a great shooter and solid in most other areas. But his ceiling might be limited by his age/average athleticism.

#226 Sen89, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    BaselineFade, comrade and J.R. like this.
  7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

26. Noah Clowney | Big (C/PF) | 6’10” 220 | Alabama | FR | 18.9
    • Clowney’s a high-energy, athletic Big who’s come on the scene late. He’s raw, but his flashes as a lob-threat and as a weakside shot-blocker bode well, as does his occasional 3.
    27. Bryce Hopkins | Forward (SF/PF) | 6’8” 225 | Providence | SOPH | 21.8
    • An underrated guy for me, Hopkins is a good-sized slasher who can score, defend multiple positions and create on O. If he can hit the 3 on a higher volume, watch out.
    28. Jordan Hawkins | Wing (SG) | 6’5” 190 | Connecticut | SOPH | 21.2
    • A fleet-footed sniper who can let it fly off the catch or dribble. He’s also a good athlete, but needs to prove his worth in other areas (i.e., defense) to move higher.
    29. Judah Mintz | Guard (PG) | 6’4” 180 | Syracuse | FR | 20.0
    • As one of the more productive/confident Freshmen G in CBB, Mintz is a strong creator who gets into the lane/to the stripe. Will need to put on weight and keep working on his 3-ball.
    30. Terquavion Smith | Guard (PG/SG) | 6’3” 170 | NC State | SOPH | 20.5
    • Big-time scorer with creating ability and range. His PG skills are still developing however, and his super-thin frame doesn’t help him on the other end.
    31. Colby Jones | Guard (PG/SG) | 6’5” 205 | Xavier | JR | 21.1
    • One of the more steady stat-sheet fillers in CBB, Jones is a quality passer with size who also scores/shoot efficiently. Lacks high-end athleticism/dynamism with the ball.
    32. Nikola Djurisic | Wing (SG/SF) | 6’7” 205 | Mega Basket (Serbia) | INTL | 19.3
    • Smooth Wing who can shoot and handle the ball at 6’7”. Hasn’t broken out this season as expected, and might not be as far along as scouts hoped?
    33. Kyle Filipowski | Big (C/PF) | 6’11” 240 | Duke | FR | 19.6
    • Skilled Big who can shoot, face-up or play in the post, but hasn’t been the most efficient as a Frosh. Isn’t a top rim-protector either, but he has solid size/mobility to work with.
    34. Terrence Shannon Jr. | Wing (SF) | 6’6” 225 | Illinois | SR | 22.9
    • Older transfer with a good mix of size, athleticism and scoring tools. Isn’t a knock-down shooter but is capable enough, but his age limits his upside (likely rotational/utility Wing?).
    35. James Nnaji | Big (C) | 6’11” 235 | FC Barcelona (Spain) | INTL | 18.9
    • Young/raw Big who’s only playing bench minutes for FCB, but has shown lots of upside as a finisher/rim-protector. Very early in development, but the upside is there.
    36. Trayce Jackson-Davis | Big (C/PF) | 6’9’ 245 | Indiana | 23.3
    • One of CBB’s best players, TJD is excellent as an interior scorer, rebounder and shot-blocker. But his age and lack of range are the main knocks holding him back from going higher.
    37. Jalen Wilson | Forward (SF/PF) | 6’7” 230 | Kansas | SR | 22.6
    • Experienced combo-F who has shown much more of an offensive arsenal this year. Is also an older prospect, and has seen his efficiency dip with a heavier workload.
    38. Ricky Council IV | Guard (SG/PG) | 6’6” 205 | Arkansas | JR | 21.9
    • It was hard not to notice Council early on, even in the same backcourt as NSJ and Black. He’s a great ball-handler/creator for a big/athletic-G, but his shooting inconsistency holds him back.
    39. Marcus Sasser | Guard (PG/SG) | 6’2” 195 | Houston | SR | 22.8
    • The top player on one of CBB’s top teams, Sasser is a disruptive on-ball defender and a sniper from 3. He’s an older prospect and not a natural PG but would fit great next to a ball-dominant star.
    40. DaRon Holmes | Big (PF/C) | 6’10” 225 | Dayton | SOPH | 20.9
    • Holmes is a smooth combo-Big who likes to face-up on O and can block shots on D. Might be better suited as rotational guy because he might not big enough to man the 5 full-time.
    41. Azuolas Tubelis | Big (PF/C) | 6’11” 240 | Arizona | JR | 21.3
    • Skilled big-man with wide range of skills at 6’11”. If his 3-ball can continue to improve, he could be a sleeper. Biggest knock is that he’s not the best rim-protector.
    42. Dereck Lively IV | Big (C) | 7’1” 225 | Duke | FR | 19.2
    • I don’t think he should declare, but most expect him to. He’s clearly very raw, but his size/athleticism make him a great shot-blocker, if nothing else.
    43. Julian Strawther | Wing (SF/SG) | 6’7” 210 | Gonzaga | JR | 21.2
    • Smooth prospect who can shoot, attack closeouts and do most of what you’d want in a rotational Wing. Defensively he’s capable, but hasn’t shown himself to be a difference maker.
    44. Mouhamed Gueye | Big (PF/C) | 6’11” 230 | Washington State | SOPH | 20.6
    • Long big man with a nice mix of skills and fluidity, though he’s definitely still a decent way away from putting it all together, as his efficiency has been mediocre.
    45. Oumar Ballo | Big (C) | 7’0” 270 | Arizona | JR | 21.0
    • Huge space-eater who commands respect in the paint on both ends. Good athlete for size but may have issues guarding NBA perimeter players in space, which might hold him back.
    46. Jalen Pickett | Guard (PG/SG) | 6’4” 210 | Penn State | SR | 23.7
    • He might be the oldest prospect in the draft, but is a legitimate triple-double threat, and could possibly become a rotation guy early on.
    47. Emoni Bates | Wing (SG/SF) | 6’9” 190 | Eastern Michigan | SOPH | 19.4
    • Bates has seen lots of criticism the past 2 years, some of it warranted, but you can’t deny his shot-creation/making skills at 6’9”.
    48. Bilal Coulibaly | Wing (SG/SF) | 6’6” 190 | Metropolitans 92 (France) | INTL | 18.9
    • Young athletic Wing who’s shown some scoring upside on lower levels, and has joined Wemby’s squad more recently. Is still coming off the bench for them however.
    49. Zach Edey | Big (C) | 7’4” 295 | Purdue | JR | 21.1
    • Edey’s leading one of the top teams in the country, and while his size makes him a specialized guy at the next level, he is one of the more proficient offensive threats at 7’4” you’ll see.
    50. Reece Beekman | Guard (PG) | 6’3” 190 | Virginia | JR | 21.9
    • Smart/steady floor-general with solid size. Won’t wow you but looks like a good bet to be a solid backup PG at the next level.

BaselineFade, comrade and J.R. like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Yes, I am 12 years old.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are you trolling?

Willie Cauley-Stein
    Michael Carter-Williams
    Kentavius Caldwell-Pope
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker

are just a handful that come to mind off of the top of my head.

#230 Williamson, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    Sen89 likes this.
  11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Brandon Miller looked better than ever last night [insert deadly shooter/creating shots/killer instinct joke]

I haven't seen him be this aggressive all year, that drive and dunk looked PG-esque (and I usually didn't like those comparisons because of George's superior athleticism). His stock might actually be going up despite the news. What's interesting is that he fits perfectly on Detroit, who already has Cade/Ivey. If he's close or even with Scoot as the #2 prospect by the end of the year, Detroit would definitely take him over anyone not named Wemby.

And that's great news for those of us who want Scoot (that even if we fall to 3 we might be able to snag him).

i3artow i3aller, RedIsen and J.R. like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. comrade

comrade Member

18,15, and 12 rebounds in his last 3 games. Wow.

i3artow i3aller and J.R. like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Don't be surprised if Whitehead is a top 10 pick.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Dream scenario is somehow coming away with Wembanyama and Anthony Black, but Jalen Hood-Schifino has come on strong the past month and could be a more realistic target in that late teens range.

Not his most prolific game as a passer since Purdue was giving him those middies, but he showed nice PnR navigation, handles, and composure getting into the defense. You sometimes forget he's a true freshman.

Not sure he has the scoring upside or elite vision to be a star PG, and I don't think he's a high ceiling athlete, but I can see him being a serviceable starter a-la George Hill.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think anybody would be surprised (especially with the way some of the top-10 has turned out). He was supposed to be a top-10 pick before the season started. I think a lot of people had him as a top-6 to top-8 pick. Injuries messed him up.

18. i3artow i3aller

#238 i3artow i3aller, Mar 1, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. i3artow i3aller