1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas is pissed off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Baloney. This is an attitude of blaming others for something a person can control.

No one has waved the "they're 20" flag more than me when it comes to system, professionalism, etc. However with effort ON the court, there is no excuse. Young players tend to play HARDER. This is on the players.

topfive, HP3 and jim1961 like this.
  2. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

He's the worst coach this franchise has every had. Solidify the worst record and good riddance

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

From Iko: But defensively, the Rockets have taken a turn for the worse — a tall task even for the 28th-ranked unit, per Cleaning the Glass. In 10 of the team’s first 18 games of the new year, they have given up 115 points or more.

Q: there are two teams worse D? Where???

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When KPJ went out the last time I looked, the Rox offense had improved by 2 pts per game, but the defense got worse by 3 pts a game giving the team a net Negative 1 overall without KPJ.

Not much difference to be honest - we need both Sengun and KPJ and see what they can do together.

DD

xiki likes this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Couldn't agree more.
    How can not playing hard enough be on the coach?
    I remember being young. Wanting to do things your own way. Thinking you know more than those trying to teach you something.
    And when things don't go your way, often giving less was the result.

These guys give less a lot, but inline for 19 and 20 year olds I think.

Easy, Zen Tabak and Mathloom like this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pistons are 29 and spurs are 30th

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

How do you expect players who are out partying and going to strip clubs at all hours of night not to be hung over and struggling to play defense, etc. in the court. John Wall basically said thats what Green and KPJ are doing. A good disciplinarian coach who garnets players’ respect can control some of these off court habits during the season.

bmelo likes this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The players even said it’s not on the coaches it’s on them, and they noticed on film… yet you have the folks looking to blame missing open 3s and missing layups on the coaches not the players

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dude, are you going to convince me that someone is STOPPING them from playing their favorite competitive game with passion? Why are you making excuses? Are you just so locked on blaming Silas that you can't see anything else?

This is a player problem. They are giving less effort than they should even when taking into consideration it's the worst coach in the NBA. Nothing is stopping them from playing hard, absolutely nothing. Can they get support and motivation from someone else? Sure. However, the default is that your run back on defense, you run fast to close out, you give effort for your team.

I don't buy it. Hold accountable the person who can give effort and isn't giving it, even if no one us pushing them to do it. That's the last thing I'll say on the subject.

HP3 and NewAge like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s judgement and assumption when people are creating information from someone merely looking down at the table. There’s not enough information to lead to the conclusion that he was reading from a “script”. This means these people saying this already negative emotions and feelings towards him leading them to create information that’s not there. Perception bias.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We don't need KPJ.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wall wasn't saying that at all, he was talking about their conduct at practice.
    Green isn't even 21, where are you getting this from?

DD

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wasn't even talking about a script. I was talking about body language. His body language didn't look like a man venting frustration and anger. Does he have the same look when he tells the players what they are doing wrong? If he does, then I understand why the kids don't listen to him.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You responded to my post about assumptions and judgement. Anyway I find it fascinating that people on here insist on fiery emotion and anger as important components of leadership. If anyone here has paid attention, this style doesn’t work in terms of generational leadership with today’s young men and women. The fact that people here keep calling these young men “kids” while chastising meekness in favor of anger and emotion speaks to this dominant top down authoritarian style of leadership that they subscribe to. Anger and emotion isn’t always the answer and more often times than not it isn’t. I surely don’t respond to it. Long gone are the days of Bobby Knight since players have thoughts and feelings of their own. Tony Dungee had a successful career by not using emotion. I just think we need to get out the old thinking that sterness and anger and emotion is the standard for leadership.

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

whats his age got to do with anything he said?

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jalen Green is not out going to strip clubs, he was like 19 years old when John Wall was with the Rockets. Also John Wall never even said KPJ and Jalen were going to strip clubs and partying, the poster @Imanimal is an known idiot.

John Wall was more talking about the things they were getting away with on the court, in practice etc. I believe Nook mentioning being KPJ being late to practice, tantrums, and overall lack of accountability. Jalen and KPJ were given major minutes and roles despite playing really terribly.

Mathloom, Yung-T and DaDakota like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

I was going to clubs when 16, im sure Jalen Green can get into one

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

30. Houston Rockets
    2022-23 record: 13-41
    Previous ranking: 30

Coach Stephen Silas ripped the Rockets after they allowed 153 and 140 points in consecutive losses: "They're not giving the effort on the defensive end. They're not getting after it like they're supposed to! They're not getting into their man and fighting over and helping each other. They're not doing what they're supposed to do." -- MacMahon

Major news now.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

If Silas is upset that they aren’t giving enough effort, like really upset about it, then there should be changes in the lineup and in the rotations tonight. What do you want to bet that there’s not any changes whatsoever? Accountability. It doesn’t exist with this team.

Imanimal likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, it is 9th of February very soon and he is 21 by then.

He has enough money to pay any punishment for drinking before allowed age.