1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

What?! You dont support gun restrictions and you're a lefty? The cure to solving crime is just giving people money? This literally doesn't work. San Francisco tried this. What economic reforms ?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm for background checks being universal for private sales. But things like "assault weapons bans" is what I call theater as it provides no tangible impact on most gun related deaths.

Leftists, not your Capitol Hill "leftists" actually are rather divided on gun reform. Why? Because ant gun ban is going to be grandfathered in. There isn't going to be a mass forced confiscation of firearms. I'm sure you know this.

What does that mean in a type of hyper culture wars divide where one group spams hate content about marginalized groups like the LGBTQ community? It means that the people who hate have all the semi-automatic rifles and the ones who are targets of hate don't and let's be honest, it's not like modern law enforcement culture are allies of LGBTQ places. Law enforcement more politically and ideologically align with the group that does the hating (right wing extremism).

#3002 fchowd0311, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This tells me that mass shootings are small aspect of gun deaths in America and that banning assault rifles isn't going to make much of a dent in gun deaths in the country.

Astrodome and basso like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If I'm high, then must've took a powder bump with these string of replies. Chill, Jack.

Dems can't replace Biden because they don't have the candidate to fill those shoes. Kamala was handling the immigration thing but no sweet words leaked out when Biden talked about the issue earlier this year. She's still a work in progress and it's not like there weren't warning signs when she leptfrogged from a one incomplete term at Senate to one heartbeat away from POTUS.

But the issue still remains: Ruth Baider Ginsberg

The dilemma all Dem voters face is a controlled power vacuum or rolling the dice day-to-day for whenever it happens. I guess with dementia you could do a reboot of Weekend at Reagan's. Jill takes the role of Nancy and starts rewriting American and Republican policy under his name. What a time to be alive. (for Biden)

If you're still wondering what DNC tells Biden, it would be: "we love you. Eat your veggies and keep that ldl low, but...can you ditch Kamala and groom a different successor? Our numbers love the Rock or Oprah. We have an off-site location for debriefs until they're game...."

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

People are delusional and have no idea how the hell the DNC works. I've volunteered and have donated to the DNC. The only person who has a voice at the DNC is the chair. They elect committee members and write the underlying rules for the agenda. The DNC chair for the democratic party is always whoever the president wants. This is why Obama screwed over bernie on 2016 because the DNC had rigged the rules leading up the primary.

The DNC is nothing but an ARM for the white house. They do whatever the hell biden tells them to do. It's not the other way around.

Biden selected south carolina as first state to go and every 400+ member lined up behind him within 2 days.

How come you never comment on the things biden does that are actual progressive. Biden is by far the most lefty president we've had since jfk.

Do you have any idea how much radical change is actually happening under biden? We're getting new banking rules, tenant protections, pension reform. Lefties don't really care about actual governoring.

#3006 astros123, Feb 7, 2023
  7. dmoneybangbang

Going to have to agree to disagree, but….

Im not saying Biden didn’t have any say in the strategy but I believe it was less Biden than you think.

I don’t really think the bolded is true, Biden merely took what the GOP gave him…. Trump’s unpopularity and bumbling Covid in 2020 and the GOP’s anti abortion and election lie stance in 2022.

#3007 dmoneybangbang, Feb 7, 2023
  8. Invisible Fan

Because I heard the same **** with Obama who also used executive orders to treat the government like a chemotherapist while Trump used the tool like a lobotomist while getting his rogues gallery of ill repute confirmed into seats they had no business chairing.

Steadying an aircraft carrier or repairing a moving train is indeed harder than using monkeys to pull it apart for scraps to sell, but I don't think you need to sell me (liberalest Pres evar!!!) of Biden's governing when we don't have the ability to pass real laws anymore.

To clarify, I wouldn't want Biden to step down out of confidence over current achievements, rather out of age acceleration concerns over the next two years, bitter campaign re-election cycles that still undoubtedly focus upon Hunter, and then maybe another four years of running the damn thing again.

Announcing a successor now would make him a lamer duck, but everyone is looking at his spare.

What do You think about his spare. What is Your ideal answer for that?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

I think people take his age question way too much out context. The CIA and pentagon have some of the best drugs and remedies available in the world. There's treatments to cure stuff we don't know about. I don't have any problems with his age BECAUSE every diplomat who's met him has said OFF THE RECORD how great biden was and how trustworthy he is. Show me one diplomat that has bashed biden for his inability to hold a meeting? Biden has hosted leaders from every continent now and over 90 countries.

GOP leaders and Republicans who meet biden have NEVER complained about biden memory or lack of ability. Peter zihan who's a famous right wing foreign policy expert is usually crucial of leaders generally and recently met biden and said biddn controlled the room like nobody else. @dmoneybangbang not even can close deals. You have no idea what you're talking about

Biden has gotten sharper and more energetic lately. He held 14 events in a week the other week. You guys underestimate the kind of the crap the CIA has under wraps. The drugs they have are 30 years ahead of us.

Biden is even giving a foxnews interview on Sunday. If biden was a normal senator or congressional person I would 100% agree. But biden gets the good ****.

#3009 astros123, Feb 7, 2023
  10. Invisible Fan

Zombie Reagan <<<< Zombiden

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Ah.... the ole "pump 'em full of experimental CIA energy and age defying drugs" argument.....

Props to Biden for holding 14 events in a week the other week..... but that's a bit different than being president and going on the campaign trail.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if it's Trump, Biden won't have to travel much. a repeat of the 2020 basement strategy will suffice.

but it won't be trump.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

Mccarthy met biden. Mitch did also. Half the republican senate caucus has and not a single person has bashed biden personally for not being all there. Not even off the record

I just don't buy into the whole narrative. If he was not hosting events or summits then I would agree with you 100%. That's not what's happening though.

This year hell be the first president in decades to do a full tour of Africa and then he's doing south Asia for first time for any POTUS.

But this is what you don't get. Biden loves to campaign and wanted to be out last time. The problem was democrats went over the top on restrictions and biden couldn't do the opposite of what local governors were doing. Every person who was involved in the campaign will tell you that biden never wanted to stay in the basement. Read any of the books from the 2020 campaign.

Bidens best selling point is himself. He's a normal down to earth guy and has always been that way.

#3014 astros123, Feb 7, 2023
  15. dmoneybangbang

I don't think it will be Trump.... but wouldn't be surprised if Trump somehow blackmailed his way back to the nomination.

Biden got away with his lack of charisma and poor public speaking (in the context of presidents/presidential nominees) due to Trump and Covid (and how Trump handled Covid). I'd probably bet on Biden in a rematch of Trump, but also "it's the economy stupid".

16. astros123

astros123 Member

Youre completely underestimating how bad the Wisconsin riots and defund the police garbage was to biden. Asian communities are very pro law enforcement and those riots did more harm to biden than covid did to trump.

People forget how bad the riots were in August. Communities genuinely thought biden wanted to defund the police cuz of a few fringe activists. It was really bad.

Even when the economy was awful in 2022 Trump still lost. We had 8% inflation and 4 dollar gas. Things will be completely different in 2024.

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm sure Biden will embarass himself like always. Hopefully he remembers where he is and the way to the stage

basso likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bi...g-economy-covid-11675809441?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

The State of the Union Contradiction
    If Biden is such a success, why aren’t Americans pleased?

By The Editorial Board
    Feb. 7, 2023 6:52 pm ET

President Biden was set to devote much of his State of the Union address on Tuesday night to celebrating what he says is a long list of legislative and economic achievements—spending on social programs and public works, subsidies for computer chips, even more subsidies for green energy, and a strong labor market. But if he’s done so much for America, why does most of America not seem to appreciate it?

That’s the contradiction stalking his Presidency as he enters his third year and plots a likely re-election campaign. The disconnect is clear enough in the polls. His job approval rating average has climbed to 44.2% in the RealClearPolitics average, which should be better with all of that supposed good news. Gallup has it at 41%. Mr. Biden’s RCP average job approval on the economy is 38%.

The latest Washington Post/ABC poll is even worse for the President. Some 41% of Americans say they’re worse off financially than when Mr. Biden became President, while only 16% say they’re better off. Most people—62%—say Mr. Biden has accomplished either not very much or little or nothing. That includes 22% of Democrats.

And here’s the really bad news for Mr. Biden. Some 58% of Democrats say they’d prefer a different party nominee for President in 2024, and he even loses a head to head matchup with former President Trump 48%-44%.

Polls are only snapshots in time, and few voters are focused on the 2024 choices. Mr. Biden could rise if the economy ducks a recession, inflation subsides, and Ukraine pushes Russia out of most or all of its territory.

But it’s worth asking why a Presidency as successful as Mr. Biden and the media claim hasn’t persuaded the public. Part of the answer is polarization, with partisans automatically opposing a President of the other party. But that would explain about 40 percentage points of his disapproval, not the other 16%.

Mr. Biden has contributed to that polarization with the partisan agenda of his first two years after he campaigned as a unifier. He jammed through Congress trillions of dollars in new spending with narrow majorities. His Administration uses regulation to impose the progressive priorities of racial division and climate alarmism, often without proper legal authority. The Supreme Court rebuked him on vaccine mandates and a national eviction moratorium, and it will likely do so again on student-loan forgiveness.

The President’s governing rhetoric has also been as divisive as Mr. Trump’s. He said a Georgia voting law was “Jim Crow 2.0” and Republicans are the equivalent of Bull Connor. Republicans believe in “semi-fascism,” and those who want to use the debt ceiling as leverage to reduce spending represent “chaos and catastrophe.”

This may rally Democrats but it turns off a majority. That may be why White House sources were leaking before Tuesday’s speech that Mr. Biden would avoid such rhetoric and personally edited the drafts to that effect. We’ll see how long Biden the Unifier 2.0 lasts.

The President’s biggest problem is that all of his legislative victories haven’t delivered the benefits he promised. The $1.9 trillion Covid bill in March 2021 added so much cash to the economy that it helped to trigger an historic inflation. The result is that most Americans haven’t had a raise in their income after inflation in two years. This takes a shine off the low unemployment rate every time people hit the grocery store. They can see that the $1.7 trillion Inflation Reduction Act in 2022 had nothing at all to do with reducing inflation.

Americans also observe a fraying social consensus that has them worried about the country. Crime may not be as high as it was in the 1990s, but it has risen sharply in big cities. The record migrant surge across the border would be less worrisome if Mr. Biden seemed to care about stopping it. The fentanyl scourge isn’t his fault, but its breadth betrays a troubling decay in values.

As for foreign policy, Americans can see that the world is becoming more dangerous and its rogues more brazen. Mr. Biden has done a good if often belated job of arming Ukraine, but he failed to deter Vladimir Putin. China has become less bellicose of late but no less aggressive in its actions, as its spy balloon provocation shows. Iran continues to advance its nuclear program despite U.S. and allied protests.

All of which is to say that there’s ample reason for voters to be skeptical of Mr. Biden’s expansive claims of presidential success. He’s lucky the opposition Republicans can’t get their act together or he’d be in far more trouble.

Appeared in the February 8, 2023, print edition as 'The State of the Union Contradiction'.

basso likes this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd vote for Biden again.

Andre0087, edwardc and astros123 like this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is doing pretty well laying out the real deal. It's inspiring.

Andre0087, edwardc and astros123 like this.