1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Self Checkout.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I tried the regular checkout for the 1st time in awhile, and she tried to bag the chicken breast with the grapes!!

exhibit C for why I take my 30 items to self-checkout

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You give her the frank and beans next?

Reeko likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a slow adopter on self-checkout to slow the loss of those jobs. But it's almost always a big shopping for me anyway. Sackers do drive me nuts though. When I get one that actually does a decent job, I think, that kid is going places in this world.

ROCKSS and Blatz like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

:D

When I saw the raw chicken breast being placed in the same bag as the grapes, a part of me just died right there on the spot.

5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I do self-checkout typically because I move quicker than the checkout staff and it saves time. Also depending on the store, a lot of customer service is terrible, so why deal with it? It's a better experience and more efficient.

But most of the time I get things delivered, no need to drive and I can focus on other things timewise.

6. Xerobull

Delivery ftw

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I do almost exclusively self checkout when I'm in a grocery store. But I'm rarely in a grocers but to pick up a couple items.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I do a lot of my groceries at a small local store with one check-out, and the owner often provides the customer service. It's pretty great.
    I've done self checkout at Target, but sometimes I forget that you can't buy beer or wine in a self-checkout, at least not around here.
    I mean look at me: do I look under 21?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When you self checkout, you let the machines win.

/luddite

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Hold up, you buy wine at Target? My palate says hell to the naw.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Also, hate delivery. Trust someone else to pick good produce and meat for me? Pretty sure they don't give a ****. And some bs subsititutes -- can't find the bread you wanted, can I give you Wonder Bread instead? No, that crap is legally cake in Ireland. I know if I was there I'd find the bread I told you to get so stop being so damn lazy and find it!

Reeko likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Agree with you to an extent. I think if you have a store where the staff don't give a **** then you're going to get don't give a **** service. If you patronize a good store close to you that has a good customer service first culture, then you'll get good groceries. We used Kroger at first for deliveries and they did suck, missing items, substitutions were bad, we got cucumbers instead of squash once, etc. We switched to HEB and it's been much, much better. Yeah, they charge more for delivery items but we get what we need and we get good produce, too. Totally worth the QOL bump.

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

You are missing out. Target brand wine is a sensory delight to even the most discerning of palates.

14. Xerobull

You are not the target demographic for Target wine, unless you're a single overweight American woman 20s-50s. Here's another hint, if you're lonely and in Target on Friday night you're the demo. Here's another another hint, if you are craving these on Friday night while you're lonely and in Target:

[​IMG]

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can't trust a store employee to do my groceries for me

if u give me bad grapes or bruised apples, we're fighting

ROCKSS likes this.