1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas is pissed off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

This looks like a man who doesn't know how to be angry but tries to act tough anyways.

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t have to and what did your stats really say? Does it tell you a complete story of how he plays the full game? I have written extensively on this site about Sengun already no need to go into an argument lol. At the end of the day Your opinion.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know if anyone actually watched the game. But the Kings burned us with that hand off 3 play all of 3rd and 4th quarter. They ran it against against our entire team and not a single lineup on our end could stop it.

Murray, Lyles, Hueter, Murray, Monk all hit multiple 3's running the exact same play.

You tell me Silas if this is execution or just terrible coaching

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Silas is trying to be something that he's not in that clip. I feel bad for him because I think he realizes now that the "players coach" thing isn't going to work with this group. He might be a decent coach for a veteran team, but the kids needed leadership and they didn't get it. They're going to get a good man fired, and it's a shame, but enough is enough. This team sucks.

ashleyem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is what happens when you have to go extended periods of time without your star player, hopefully KPJ can get back soon...

6. Damion Laverne

Starts ands ends with you, Silas.

Your lack of leadership is coming to a head. No one respects you and you let everybody dog you in public.

You and that weasel of a GM need to go!!

Dopey mf

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It’s even hard for super talented/experienced coaches to be successful in the NBA (pro sports).

So obviously he’s going to be in a no-win situation.

If he wins the tankers will shiit on him

If he loses the anti-tankers hate him

So basically after this season his usefulness is over.

You get a great coach to coach up the talent and your GM will make the right talent decisions to move forward.

Silas is better suited to be on a coaching staff but not the head coach imo.

#67 Tfor3, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

9. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Bye bye Silas. Not many games left before he is let go. A man of a coach would own up to his role in this on-court disaster and talk about “we,” and not “they.” Silas has lost the players and he’s about to lose his job.

hakeem94 and Richie_Rich like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Fire him. It’s time.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gize it’s not a script! He’s really angry!
    [​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'd argue effort can be taught, that effort is a skill. I also think you can teach a player when to expend maximum effort, how to direct that effort, and when--in the flow of the game--to conserve energy. The players don't give effort because they don't know what that next tier of effort feels like and they have no appreciation for how to manage the game flow. Their energy is much what it was in college and high school, directed into individual matchups instead of team ball. They play with a hectic energy instead of a determined energy. All that, I believe, is fully on Head Coach Stephen Silas. Coaching is way more than an offensive set and a defensive scheme--you're dealing with a diverse set of human beings and the psychological levers are not the same. He's bringing a let-me-be-your-buddy assistant coach mentality to a job with demands well beyond that.

Silas played college ball at Brown. I don't think he's personally experienced maximum NBA-level effort and I don't think he is perceptive enough to understand it--much less communicate it--like good coaches can do.

slothy420, hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Still not his fault

burlesk, Erbnwarfare and PWR like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brave guy, and he didn't resign?

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

"Any basketball player born after 1993 doesn't know how to ball, all they know is shoot 3s, get on social media, lift weights, get tattoos, play no defense, and tweet"

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Well it could be both. They ran several variations of the play with Sabonis screening for their guards or Barnes. For some reason the Rocket defender goes over every time while Sengun plays drop coverage. Maybe to try to defend the 3. I would think Sengun doesn’t hedge, trap, or switch since he is too slow. And the weak side wing or strong side wing don’t help prevent the dribble drive. So either they aren’t talking out there or team philosophy is to go over every time they do dribble hand off. And Sengun is too slow to hedge or switch. This is the issue.

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The scrubs finally broke Happy Man

bmelo likes this.
  19. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Not sure why you’re giving this front office the benefit of the doubt, as if Daryl Morey is up there running things. Stone has no track record to point to other than being L champions for 3 straight seasons, and poorly mismanaging assets along the way. There’s an 86% chance we don’t land Wemby. Our organizational reputation has taken such a dramatic hit, that I’m not sure what free agents are willing to sign here, even with an overpay.

You really have this all backwards. You should be more frustrated about these things now considering we’re forced to be competitive next season, and STILL don’t have down basic fundamentals, structure, or a competent coaching staff.

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

When a coach lose the locker room and do not play or listen to you, the coach needs to leave…..plain and simple. Let Coach Lucas take over and finish the system, Lucas will cuss and fuss at the players to play hard and fight.