1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The hood/bario is not a tourist destination: 3 American tourists stabbed in Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Feb 6, 2023.

?

If locals tell you to stop youtubing or tiktoking , do you listen?

1. yes, don't want to get stabbed

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no, tiktoking is a right for everyone!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3 American tourists stabbed in Puerto Rico after being warned to stop filming a hamburger cart: cops
    @Reeko
    @Os Trigonum
    @Salvy
    Three American tourists were stabbed in Puerto Rico early Monday after they were told to stop filming in the La Perla neighborhood made famous by Luis Fonsi’s “Despacito” music video, police said.

The incident began unfolding after 4 a.m. in the popular community where one of the tourists, identified by authorities as Carlos Sanchez Brown, 39, from South Carolina, began recording video of a hamburger cart but was told by some locals to stop and leave the area.

Brown was accompanied by Wallace Florence, 37, also from South Carolina, and Jackson Tremayne, 38, from Georgia, municipal commissioner José Juan García told station WAPA-TV.

The visitors allegedly did not heed the warning and continued filming. Before long, a suspect described as a fair-skinned man with long white hair allegedly assaulted Florence with a blow to the head, reported Telemundo PR.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

PR is a tax haven and I've considered moving there. It's been gentrified to a certain extent by 'rich' Americans moving there.

That said, these guys were just idiots if they rolled into the barrio and started hanging out.

Sajan, ROCKSS and ROXTXIA like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep.

If you're in a barrio in PR or wherever at 4 am filming and the locals say, "Don't," then, well, "Don't."

"No" means "no".

Sajan, RocketWalta, tinman and 4 others like this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yeah, that is not a neighborhood that you want to go in.

we were in old San Juan last year, and were approached by an old white man who had had the **** beat out of him. He had also been robbed.

normally, I don’t give money to anyone like that asking for it, but it was clear that this guy was just a normal person that had been roughed up.

in fact, anytime I’ve gone to Puerto Rico and it’s been three or four times now I’ve always heard about similar incidents there.

I’ve been in some sketchy places in the Caribbean, but would never step foot in there

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to stick to where the wealthy gringos hang out then

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

FYI: when traveling, if the locals tell you to stop or not do something, take their advice.

I was in Medellin, Colombia few years back. Had to get off the sky tram at a stop earlier because the next line was out of service. I was going to walk around that neighborhood with my buddy.
    Local saw us and said, no good, no safe...
    We got back on and went back to the city.

tinman and Astrodome like this.