1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you know who is going to be a "true" franchise QB? LOL. How do you know?

cbass likes this.
  2. raining threes

I've watched a lot of football in the last 50 years. So I think I've got a pretty good idea who I think is going to be good vs great.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

That article is, but the site looks at prospects across the board. I wasn't a Stroud fan and this article makes me want to re-watch some of his film.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Really? lol

J-Mac likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Is this good or bad?

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I thought it was a very positive review of Stroud comparing him to former Oiler Warren Moon, but frankly I see more of Moon's throwing motion in Levis--at least from memory, which at my age ain't great.

mikol13 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And stroud doesn’t have near the arm strength of Moon, besides them being black they really aren’t similar

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

raining threes likes this.
  9. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Well, is he staying?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I followed a link to that guys youtube channel and found a video 5 months old before this last FBS season began where he calls Bryce Young a backup or CFL quality quarterback that he wouldn't take before the 5-7th rd.

He's got a newer video on Young from this year where he changes his tune quite a bit but I don't know how much stock I put into his opinions.
    Seems like he has a bit of an ego as well.

Shark44 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not in the NFL and especially not when you are re-building. NFL teams have huge rosters to fill and multiple 1-3 round picks is just what the doctor ordered for a team with so many holes and little depth. That being said, I don’t think they trade back either and hope they don’t if Carter is there. Not sold on Bryce, because of his frame more than his height, but the Texans may go for the PR excitement of a new QB or maybe they really have a superstar grade on Young or Stroud. You act like you know what they are going to do, lol. Too bad, Bill got signed by the Patriots before you could have campaigned for him.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

And what makes you qualified to say what the Texans should do. They did everything you wanted them to do and look where they are. You were Bill’s biggest fan, and most on this board will never value you opinion on football again.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem with too many picks is that 4 or 5 years down the road, you have ALOT of people to pay.

vjohnson likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What the hell are you talking about? They didn't do anything I wanted. I would have never hired Culley, I would have hired Omar Khan as GM, I would have never hired BoB as GM (He was fine as coach when he had oversight.), I would have fired BoB after the Buffalo playoff game/KC collapse. I would have traded Hop for a 1st, nothing else would have made sense (No, I would not have traded him in the 1st place....but I understand the money issues). I would have hired Beiniemy or Daboll as coach. I would have draft Gardner last draft. I would have made Watson play in 2021 or force him to refuse to play (get that $10Million back). AND I would have NO WAY IN HELL hired a Preacher from New England as Vice President of Football Ops.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I was excited when @Hawkeye first shared the site, but after reading some more of his stuff he's a little helter skelter. Like anyone's opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

rfrocket likes this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

Best thing we can do for ourselves as a front office and fan base is make it clear we are all ok with drafting QB in 2024 and taking best grade at top of the draft.

Chicago wants to go no lower than 4 under the belief they will still get who they want if Texans and Colts go QB.

If Bears believe there is a real possibility the Texans take Anderson or Carter (Both are huge needs too) then they may be apprehensive about moving the #1 to Indy.

Even if they do, they may demand more in assets from Indy to compensate them for the risk of losing out on Carter or Anderson.

Bottom line, we should all just go with the process. Maybe our qb is there at 2 with an equal or better grade to Carter/Anderson. If they aren't then we shouldn't demand or expect us to reach for need at QB.

I'm personally ok with Stroud or Young and would trust our scouts and brain trust to decide. That also means I trust them if they prefer to go veteran QB like Garoppolo on a 2 year deal and move up for QB in 2024 draft if they feel Stroud/Young aren't good enough.

But the less pressure we put on front office to a specific path the better position the franchise is put in. So let's not push QB or bust...

Shark44 likes this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Lol Caserio/DeMeco aren't reading message boards to see who the fans want. But the Texans need to make it clear they are willing to take a non-QB at #2 whether true or not.

19. Landry's Tooth

That is the point. I'm ok with Carter or Anderson if they have a higher grade. Tie or close I go with top qb on board. As I explained there is an incentive to make people think you would go top grade regardless of need whether true or not.

Point was made in general to fan base. If we don't assume it's a qb it may put less pressure on them to pick someone they don't think is worth the second pick. That pressure could come from here, talk radio, season ticket holders talking to staff, etc.

Main concern isn't them reaching but of Colts going to 1 to take who they want. Making Bears think twice about moving down only helps us.

raining threes likes this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I was referring to the Bob years. I tuned you out after that.