1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving Traded To The Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

How do you "confirm" a "presumed" objective?

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He’s not. LeBron was an elite defender. See the series changing play right before Kyrie’s big shot.

Doncic is like Harden.

RocketsDraftTV and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The occasional chasing blocks look good but it's the overall D of the team that won it for them.

LBJ was more of a 1 to 5 sort of defender.

I will leave it at that.

None of the Nuggets or Memphis or Clippers do convince me.

It will be one of those years when the West is wide open and you could sneak in there without Top defense.

The East contenders would be favorites.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. foh

foh Member

Nets are sure leaky to let such a juicy piece of gossip out. Joe Tsai is trying to beat out Dolan for the title of the most spiteful owner in NY (League?). Sure is a nice rumor for Lakers to save face. Chaina bad, Rob Pelinka good.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The took the Dallas offer b/c... they think those picks will be the best value... because Durant liked the fillers better?
    I just don't get it.

foh likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'd be surprised if the Lakers didn't put some protections on their picks if they offered them.

Richie_Rich, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Dallas going to be a second round exit and then Kyrie is leaving for LAL in the off-season.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

CP3 / Simmons / Durant would actually be pretty good. CP3 would at least make every player on that roster better. Not sure why the Nets didn't go for that deal, unless they're just bracing for Durant to want out.

Slyonebluejay and BigShasta like this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I remember when James Harden left the Rockets. After a few games he played in Brooklyn he was saying he is happy to be with the Brooklyn Nets. Now I'm laughing my ass off of how of a joke that team has become.

jcmoon and HillBoy like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

“But Irving asked out due to principle issues with the franchise, with league sources telling The Athletic that there were unsalvageable differences that had him headed toward a separation, regardless of what the Nets offered in contract extension talks over the past week.”

“The Lakers offered the Nets a package of Westbrook and two first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 for Irving in the last two days, sources with knowledge of the discussions said — to which the Nets informed the Lakers that in order to make an offer to get in the Irving sweepstakes they would require all of their young players such as Austin Reaves and Max Christie and pick swaps in addition to Westbrook and the two first-round picks. The Nets ultimately moved on from a possible Lakers framework to choose Dallas.”

“Phoenix offered a package around Paul, Jae Crowder and one first-round pick, sources said. The offer was made within the first 18 hours of Irving’s trade request, and it’s believed that three first-round picks could have clinched a deal, multiple league sources said. However, the Suns never added those picks and failed to make a better offer, beginning to lose interest in a trade for Irving as time went on. The Suns are expected to be incredibly active over the next several days to add to the roster, as Ishbia is expected to be a resourceful, open-minded team owner.”

“In the end, it was the Mavericks that stood firm with the level of players that the Nets desired in a potential trade — a lead guard in Dinwiddie who has shown the ability to be a No. 1 or 2 option on any given night, a do-it-all utility player in Finney-Smith and draft compensation. The Nets now have three first-rounders to use via trade, as well as several players who could garner interest across the league. Rival executives expect Brooklyn to canvass the market for deals to surround Durant with more talent.”

B-Bob, foh and Slyonebluejay like this.
  12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This picture is so perplexing. He takes care of the hair in his arm pits by removing it, yet allows the hair on his head to grow wild and unkept! His 'beard' could also use some grooming. Make it make sense. I cannot.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It’s Dallas. He’ll come up with something.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Seems like Joe Tsai valued not having Kyrie go to the Lakers above everything else. Sounds like they were just used as a bargaining chip with other teams.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn. He really didn’t want that man in LA. I wonder what the Suns picks were.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude has a few screws loose and shot 43.8% from 3 in his last 10 games.

19. RocketsDraftTV

being an elite defender and 2 way player is what makes the comparison tho. Luka just doesnt have the fast twitch athletic ability of a lebron, the closest thing to prime lebron now in the league is giannis

i agree with the harden= luka comp which is not a bad comp as harden is borderline top 25 all time

20. RocketsDraftTV

chris paul was about to get traded again wow

juanm34 likes this.