1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

See? SEE??

:D

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Oh no YOU don't watch any games lol. If you do, you're probably too busy whining about the refs calls on Sengun or Silas not playing him. Let's be clear, if Silas played Sengun more minutes he'd foul out every game anyway. So your point is void

maj21 likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pfffft. Stop acting like your speculations are facts. More mins doesn't mean a guarantee foul out by sengun.
    Can't void someone point if it ain't tru or proven

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so what is the ceiling of a 20 yrs old who makes a fool out of a generational 2 WAY DOMINANT FORCE, THE BEST CENTER and a PERENNIAL MVP CONTENDER like this?

an allstar?!

LOL getaoutahere!

#885 hakeem94, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Ankara1923 likes this.
  6. Dredd

Dredd Member

Lies. We know Rui Hachimura is a big Sengun fan.

7. Dredd

Dredd Member

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Feigen focusing on the important questions, I see.

Investigative journalism at its best.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think you'd be surprised if you go back and look at all the hyperbolic statements like "he'd beat Larry Bird 1 on 1" or "he's better than prime Harden already", or even the latest that his ceiling is "the best of all time" and count the number of posters who write this stuff. It's just one guy. I think people read these posts and file it away in their heads as "the SOFs are at it again" without realizing that all these posts are just from the same guy.

10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

There is no way to be "Alpe".

His name is already a combination of Alp+Eren.
    Alp is perfect, means Knight, Valiant, Alpi or Alpie makes smaller, youngish similar -ette suffix in English.

I have never heard Alpe. Make it Alp/Alpi/Alpie or even Alper (this time means Valiant soldier) but not Alpe.

You can make Rob,Bob,Bobby from Robert but never Robe.

maypk, Roomba, Dredd and 2 others like this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun is a foul machine. If you WATCHED actual games you'd know this already lol

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it pronounced Al-per-on Shen-goon? That is the way Hollins says it but wouldn't be surprised if it's completely wrong.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

Jokic is averaging a triple double now. At this point I'm rooting for the Nuggets to win the title.

cml750, Ankara1923, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

Easy and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Hoping a Nuggets-Clippers WC Final.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Against OKC tonight Sengun went up against one of the most explosive scoring guards in the league in SGA on defense, and on offense he went up against a small fronting/swarming defense that made his teammates who were already bad at post entry very difficult at getting him the ball, resulting in a quiet 4/10 shooting night.

Yet, he had 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks and a team high +15 on the court, impacting the game in other areas.

Before his draft when the concern was that he would get played off the court in the playoffs, going up against guys exactly like SGA on nights like tonight is what they were talking about.

This is what getting played off the floor looks like.

17. TimDuncanDonaut

18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think in the NBA every big guy has teams that can give a player fits. He has to get better but his teammates and his coaches have to get better too in finding ways to get him the ball. I remember Yao had difficulty with the exact same thing and it was infuriating bc if he could catch the ball it was Dunk but he would have offensive outputs like this against fronting defenses as well. Adelman was brought in to make his life easier bc the player had the skill, the pgs had the ability but the scheme was missing. That to me highlights that it's not always just on the player.

arno_ed, Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Rockets are just dumb, and beyond dumb, negligent and incompetent. Sengun should play on ball on the nights like this, in fact on all the nights. He is lethal on ball. You can never make your best player dependant on the worst player in NBA getting him the ball. LOL
    He is one of the best PGs in NBA and you make the worst player in NBA your PG instead?
    This is why tanking never works. Lack of talent is never a problem. Everybody is talented in NBA.