1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That will never happen....sorry. You guys can do yourselves a favor and use the ignore feature.

Ditto - you guys are harsh on KPJ and don't call out the other players when they do the same thing......

DD

2. i3artow i3aller

"DaDakota is taking an 8-game sample of KPJ to compare to the only 8-game sample we have of Sengun as the hub. He's driving an agenda and accusing anyone who points it out of... driving an agenda." Clutch on Rockets Watch

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Clutch doesn't know more than you or me - dude, his is just an opinion. He created ClutchFans as a sports forum which people followed, and I laughed at because it was so flawed, guess what? I was right now people don't bother with it because it is full of garbage from KPJ stans.

DD

AroundTheWorld and studogg like this.
  4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

the funny thing is even this comparison is against his main arguments: Kpj needs time to develop and he is not playing his original position. Yet you compare him with a center who basically has no playmaking experience and you compare kpj’s best 8 game sample in some years with all the resources allocated to develop him with the center’s first 8 games with no training at all for this position, where the original change is within a game. And the results are comparable and you try to use it to pump up kpj. Lol.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hmmm double d didn't cherry pick the 8 games, he just chose the latest 8 games of kpj to make it more "fair" when comparing to sengun first 8 game.

Man chooses to ignore the amount of resources and time kpj was given like how u note just to gas up kpj.

Funny to note that sengun first 8 games has "similar' stats to kpj who our franchise spent a few years developing into a pg. Imagine if we spent those years honing sengun playmakin game.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

if there is no special reason to look at last 8 games then it is cherry picking. If one is interested in a more fair comparison, then should go for kpj’s first 8 games as pg, not last 8. The only reason he is looking at last 8 is because it favors kpj slightly.

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah. It's like comparing a senior's and a freshman's math skill showing that the senior is slightly better than the freshman and declare the senior is a better student.

AlperenSengun and DatRocketFan like this.
  8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Delete

#4988 studogg, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  9. DaDakota

LOL - now you guys are KPJ and DD Haters.

Hate filled lives on a day we won.....and KPJ and Green got to watch what defense looks like......haters.....hate.

At least my ignore list is growing with all the hating freeloaders....buh bye kids!

Was fun watching SGA who plays a lot like KPJ - and maybe you guys can see the vision, but I doubt it.

And Giddy is awful, but the narrative on him is way different than the one on KPJ why is that?

DD

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y kpj stans always like comparing folks in different years.

Giddey v kpj = not same year
    Green v KPj = not same year

The expectations and the judgement of said players should b adjusted accordingly.

Kpj is a fourth year player. That's a fact. U can say oh he didn't play that much in the 1st/2nd year but he still played in the league.

Someone describes this weird kpj stan behavior with a similar anology. A 2nd grader and a 4th grader is asked to solve a high level math problem. 4th grader solves it eventually while the 2nd grader takes a little bit longer. Both are able to get the correct answer, but instead of acknowledging the potential of the 2nd grader, some parents proceeds to call the 2nd grader stupid and that the 4th grader is the best student ever. Compare kpj to his peers and u can see the gap, while the gap between green and his peer isn't even that wide.

#4990 DatRocketFan, Feb 2, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  11. DaDakota

SGA at 22 years old was: 23.7ppg 5.9Apg 4.7rpg

KPJ at 22 years old is: 19.2ppg 5.6Apg 5.5rpg

Now SGA was a more efficient scorer by quite a bit, around 5% - but they play the same style of herky jerky attack the rim first player, and SGA has better players around him.

I am not saying KPJ will reach SGA superstardom, but he is trending in the right direction and is doing quite well as a player - improving quite a lot, his last 15 or so games were even better.

If people around here would show some patience for all our players they might enjoy the season more.

DD

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

People should definitely show patience! And then slyly allocate 20-50% of their posts to propping up the potential of KPJ downplaying Green.

13. DaDakota

I want Green to do well too, I believe once you get EGo out, he and KPJ can excel but they need to play defense too.

DD

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

KPJ even at his best has never been able to score as efficiently as Shai in his rookie season.

Not even talking about anything else, just from a scoring perspective, KPJ is leagues behind Shai.

15. DaDakota

I agree, not saying he will be Shai, but that his game is similar, and that is a similar trajectory, though not as good as Shai.

To me Shai is at Superstar level, I never expect KPJ to get there, but he will get to all star level which isn't that bad.....and would be amazing for the Rockets.

KPJ is not the "Dude" but he can be a complimentary piece to the "Dude"

DD

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

KPJ is nothing like SGA. Not even close.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking more of a 6th man type a la Jamal Crawford.

i3artow i3aller and King1 like this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol thinking that KPJ is important enough to have haters. Dude has 7 fans. Even worse DD thinks he's important enough to have haters. Unfortunately for him posting all day on a message board nor jocking a scrub or taking no pride in your appearance makes you anything more than pathetic

19. DaDakota

Well I believe he will be much better than that, but to each there own.

DD

Plowman and ApacheWarrior like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJ and SGA are both black…and that’s where the similarities end