1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - never said any of that - I just happen to agree with Stone on KPJ - you never once answered the question, do you openly root against KPJ? Think about that, honestly......

I see exactly what everyone else sees but I am not being impatient, I am looking down the road at the best way forward, and I believe KPJ is part of those plans....and the org apparently agrees with me.

Why are you so set in "The Herd is right" mentality? If you don't agree with me, I don't care....doesn't bother me one bit......I think you are 100% wrong, and I think many others are as well, but history will be the judge - and I will move on right or wrong and still cheer for the Rockets.

What I see is a player that is growing up, maturing, has an excellent handle, good feel for the game, can play the 1, 2 or 3 spot, and can be a secondary creator....why wouldn't I want that on my team?

Does he have flaws, of course, he has to focus on D, turn it over less and continue to get more efficient on scoring - so what? He is 22 years old and is basically learning a new position.....

You are judging a 22 year old.......a guy that would be a ROOKIE in the 80s......let him grow up, and grow as a player, same for 20 year old Green, Sengun and 19 year old Jabari.....they are kids playing without a head coach and learning the NBA game.

What the heck did you expect? It is frustrating most of the time, sure, but in the end, (Which is not next year BTW) they will all come out as quality NBA players.

I am going to cheer for that to happen, you should try it.

AWESOME, KPJ needs that too....can't wait to see how he handles it......I have faith that his maturity will allow him to embrace it.....guess we shall see.

DD

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

DD and boobythegeek are always dishonest about KPJ and Green.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?dir=D&sort=TIME_OF_POSS

KPJ holds the ball too long. His time of possession is 6.9 minutes per game (no. 12 in the entire NBA, longer than Lebron James or Stephen Curry or Kyrie Irving or Giannis). Jalen has it for 4.8 minutes. Sengun has it for 2.1 minutes.

When you consider that, and their respective output, that's really a big part of the problem.

Sengun achieves more, with higher efficiency, in 2.1 minutes per game of being in control of the ball than KPJ in 6.9 minutes per game.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I did answer your question doofus.

I don't care what Hollinger thinks - he made up a stupid stat....... your words. You're implying he's stupid and knows less about basketball than you. I'm not going to bother looking up the billion other ridiculous posts you made - but own your bullshit at least once.

Dan Langhi

#4965 studogg, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    clutchdabear and King1 like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Oddly enough I put his value at…a 2nd round pick. Lol. We’ve come full circle. Great asset MGMT.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. King1

Lol at a lot of teams wanting him. We were the only team stupid enough to take him and that has resulted in us being the worst team in the league since he's been here as the "head loser"

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unsurprisingly, the Sengun is worried about Sengun getting the ball more....

Well, that's fine, so take the ball away from Green and give it to Sengun more, that's a coaching decision, not a player decision.

10. King1

Definitely give Sengun the ball more. Green has been bad but cut your scrub hero KPJ so you can follow whatever Chinese team signs him. At least Green may have a future unlike KPJ

11. DaDakota

Hollinger doesn't know more than you or me - dude, his is just an opinion. He created PER as an advanced statistic which people followed, and I laughed at because it was so flawed, guess what? I was right now people don't bother with it because it is garbage.

Dan Langhi was a joke, clutch is the one that started that thread and I said - I have seen the future and his name is Dan langhi.....I will own VSpan, DMo and others but langhi.....well it started as a joke, but I did like him. Was wrong about him too, I guess.

As for ridiculous posts? WTF are you talking about? I am hard core about the Rockets and not trying to be popular.

I think KPJ has all star written all over him - IF.....IF he can handle tough coaching and I want to find that out.....NOW.....with John Lucas.

And I am tired of an IMPATIENT CROWD ******** on a Rocket.

DD

#4971 DaDakota, Jan 31, 2023
  12. King1

13. King1

Right. You don't care about being popular. You literally spend every day posting on here. Your lack of talent evaluation is horrible.

KpJ is garbage much like everyone else you've thought would be good. You.miss every time.

KPJ is not only a trash human being but a trash basketball player.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Langhi was a joke?

You made hundreds and hundreds of posts and threads about the guy, saying he was just as good as Tom Chambers, etc. etc.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/dan-langhi-tom-chambers.5920/

We have all been wrong before, but just stop lying.

clutchdabear and King1 like this.
  15. DaDakota

You know it is a TELL when you say "I have no agendas" that you do have an agenda, just saying.

;)

I freely admit my agenda right now is to defend KPJ and other Rockets from impatient fans and try to get them to realize we are still 3 ish years away....

DD

#4975 DaDakota, Jan 31, 2023
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I freely admit my agenda right now is to defend KPJ and other Rockets from impatient fans and try to get them to realize we are still 3 ish years away...

Double d

As he proceeds to push to trade green. Doubling down on hypocrisy

17. DaDakota

I am not pushing to trade Green - I have said we should be looking into it as he might bring the most in return, we should be looking into trading anyone and churning the roster until we have a "DUDE".

I swear to "The Flying Spaghetti" monster that people here can't read....or understand context.....it is flat out shocking and a huge mark against public education in this country.

;)

Get off my lawn KIDS !!!

SHEESH !

DD

18. i3artow i3aller

:confused::rolleyes:

You incessantly talk of trading Green. You also prefer Murray to Jabari. We've heard it enough times by now.

[​IMG]

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Shut him up once and for all i3artow i3rawler

[​IMG]

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The fact that u still don't even realize how big of a hypocrite u are is funny. The simple act of consider trading, making a thread to trade a youngster 1.5 season in his career while claiming its your mission to defend kpj against impatient fans is too much.

How can u claim to defend against impatient fans when u are literally behaving like one yourself. Astounding to even bring up my education for calling out a hypocrite when I see one.