1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Jalen green "high energy chucker"

Ts%: 54.7, 53.3 (subject to change)

Kpj
    Ts%: 53.5, 52.8, 53.1, 55.1 (subject to change)

Quite hilarious.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So in short, Jalen Green has a 53.3 TS% as the highest volume shooter on the team and the worst defensive player in the league while KPJ has a 55.1 TS% while being considered the literal incarnation of evil by really stupid "Rockets fans"

Yeah...the guy who is doing worse offensively and is literally the worst defensively in the league is someone I'd consider a high energy chucker off the bench to limit the damage they do when they aren't hot.

You really want to avoid the numbers because they don't help you at all.

Glad we had this talk.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like how u like to have premature reactions about Smith/Green career outlook how about we wait until the end of the season for the ts%. In three complete season kpj ts% hasn't even beat the "high energy chucker" completed rookie season once.

Green has "fluke" games yet if u were to compare his 1st complete season to kpj 3rd. Man had a higher ts% and had a higher ppg. But keep pushing the narrative Green has fluke games/chucker.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't "premature reactions" they are just pointing out how they are doing thus far. If they turn things around, great, but it won't change how they are doing right now.

KPJ hasn't even had "3 complete seasons" in the NBA yet....so maybe stop lying?

KPJ has played about 1500 more minutes than Jalen Green as of right now....that's about half a season.

I know you feel like you have to defend the absolute worst player on the team to the death, but it's getting really embarrassing the longer this goes on without any significant positive progress.

Also, when you make those excuses for Smith and Green, saying the reason they suck at basketball right now is because they are young.....why doesn't Sengun need that excuse?

Oh that's right, because he's actually good.

You can make excuses and try to deflect as much as you like, but you can't change the facts.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj has completed 3 seasons. That's a fact.
    I defend the youngsters bc unlike kpj, we have yet to see their full potential especially when their development is being hindered by a sht coach and a sht pg.

I defended sengun also, but lately there hasn't been the need to since his game has been so stellar haters like u can't btch about him.

I noticed u are now admitting sengun is the best player on the squad.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...-when-he-returns.317623/page-52#post-14392010

Here's a refresher to the dumb@$$ who wanted Bruno to start over the best player on the team, guess who was also there arguing against that nonsense

He'll u can browse through the first few pages of this thread and u can see me defending sengun.

#4945 DatRocketFan, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

7. DaDakota

You didn't answer, do you cheer for KPJ when he is on the floor for the Houston Rockets.

Pretty simple question really......

I never cheer for them to lose - ever, I understand some may think it is best for the franchise later, but during the game, I want everyone in our colors to play well.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...-guard-kevin-porter-jr-no-closer-17754633.php

KPJ has been playing great....not good, but GREAT !!!!

And how sad do you have to be ....to be bothered by a guy in the Rox colors playing well.....I mean, that is just not right.

DD

8. i3artow i3aller

I'm curious what the other behavioral issues were that Roosh was alluding to on Rockets Watch

AroundTheWorld and King1 like this.
  9. DaDakota

There were none, he said they were all from the past. Everything he mentioned was more than a year ago, and way before the turn around.

This is 100% why I want SILAS fired so we can get Lucas to coach KPJ hard, and see if he can handle it.....

We need to know that with all the players, Silas is just too soft.....and not a head coach.

DD

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Come on man. If he'd been playing great we'd have a much better record. One single great player can carry a team to a mediocre record. Your hyperbole is what puts people off more than anything.

And you've seen my posting history. I root for the team. When he had a two game stretch of actually running the offense, I cheered it. But it's the exception and not the norm and he regressed to the mean shortly thereafter.

You discount valid analysis applied to the subject matter. You call people paid to do the job idiots because you coached the YMCA and they didn't - and their 30 year takes don't align with your 30 minute bake jobs. You lump people into player only fans if they happen to disagree with your myopic takes and question their fandom. weak sauce.

growth the **** up. quit trying to change people's opinion. it's not your job and no one asked you to do it. the crusade has no crusaders.

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

That's certainly not true. He said he'd heard about other incidents that were eye opening yet refrained from sharing what they were.

12. DaDakota

I don't call people paid to do jobs idiots, but there are some bad people in positions of power in our org. I coached AAU, not YMCA. And my teams were fundamentally sound, I taught them from the ground up, and I have 4 playing college ball now.

Coaching isn't hard, you just have to be detail oriented.....being able to outcoach the other guy isn't all that hard, if you pay attention, most people forget it is a game, and outsmarting or recognizing patterns and things to take advantage of, is not common in most people it seems.

It is like playing poker, if you pay attention to the details you win most of the time.

The Rockets right now are a mess, Sengun and KPJ are actually our 2 best players and once they moved their PnR to the wing like the one Jalen was running it cleaned up the difficulty in running it from the top with KPJ.

I don't understand the hatred for a player that is ACCEPTING a new role, from his normal SG role for the good of the team and is actively changing his career WILLINGLY - seems that is the kind of person to get behind.

People b**** about him constantly, and it has become POPULAR to b**** about him, and everything is PERCEIVED there is no data in which KPJ is bad....he is actually doing REALLY well and has improved a ton - which should be celebrated but it isn't....

And others like Sengun people are praising for his passing when he has a WORSE assist to turnover ratio than KPJ - that doesn't mean it is a big deal, it isn't but it is just not equal in criticism.

KPJ is a Rocket and as long as he wears the colors at least 1.5 more years.....I will cheer for him and laugh at the false narrative going around as a form of "Herd mentality".

I will call out HYPOCRITAL views whenever I see them - it is MY DESTINY !!!!!

:)

DD

#4952 DaDakota, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  13. DaDakota

When pressed on it, he had nothing new to report, and admitted they were all in the past.

I am sure if there is new stuff we will hear of it.....and that is the tightrope he walks.

DD

14. studogg

you are literally so full of **** and completely forget what you've posted once you post it.

You didn't call Hollinger an idiot? You haven't called out the takes of the writers from the Athletic for being ignorant when they say what everyone is seeing with their eyes?

kudos to you lavar ball. AAU is a step up from YMCA for helicopter parents trying to turn their kids into something they could never live up to themselves. It's a joke and part of what is wrong with the nba.

Our team is poorly constructed and has bad leadership. We both agree on this point. Yet you refuse to see the forest through the trees and are egotistical enough to credit yourself as a genius because you think you see what no one else does.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

16. studogg

No it's not. Not when your GM is trying to cover up your tracks of devastation because he's emotionally invested in you. The stuff that got out was supposed to be covered up. Neither the coach nor the GM want him to fail and are both scared to call him on his bs for fear they are called slave drivers or get soup thrown in their face.

If you listened to the post game comments from Lucas after the Detroit game - it was abundantly clear how much the coach has been covering for all the bullshit these players pull. He made it a point to call out every lapse of every player and put them in the public eye. How long you think KPJ will last in that world? I give it two weeks tops.

- He got into with KMJ for missing an assignment
    - Made fun of Jabari for thinking it was his night to put up a million shots - both a shot at Jabari and a veiled shot at KPJ and Green
    - He made sure to say he wasn't going to put up with the mess (and you know this was his audition for getting the interim job - something we need)

harold bingo and clutchdabear like this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

:confused::rolleyes:

Deckard likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....okay....so he's taking on the easiest matchups and those easy matchups take slightly worse shots when he's playing on ball defense.....that doesn't change the facts about how hilariously pathetic his overall defense is. It's just cherry picking and it doesn't really work on anyone who knows what they are talking about.

This is kind of like when we ran with the "but Harden is a good defender in the post" line to defend how bad he was defensively.....and he was a significantly better defender than Green has been at his best.

Find any defensive metric that exists that says he's a competent overall defender.

Based on how insane some of you guys get going to bat for an absolutely terrible player like Green, imagine how nuts it'll get if we ever get a legitimately good player.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I mean by that logic KPJ should have been glued on the bench last year for being a high energy chucker with one of the worst defense to limit the damage done

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Compared to Jalen Green, KPJ is the best defender to ever play the game....but just about every NBA player is the best defender to ever play the game compared to Jalen Green, so that's not really saying much

If KPJ brought nothing to the table but individual scoring, or if there was ANYONE else on the roster better, you'd be right. KPJ started off last season REALLY bad.

I'm fine with every player on the team having to earn their minutes, if we gave out playing time based on merit, you'd almost never see Green, Smith, or Gordon since they are the 3 worst performing players on the entire team and guys like Tari and KJ have thoroughly outplayed them.

Most people know this, but there are some who feel like they can't admit it for whatever reason.

DaDakota likes this.