1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

2. Buck Turgidson

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It's pretty ****ed up that they still haven't been banned.

Now that I think of it, one of the first cigarettes I didn't hate was one of those skinny little menthol Capris. Then it was on to more "manly" varieties. :oops:

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Negotiating with this radical GOP is like negotiating with terrorists keeping Americans hostage to get what they want. Don't let Americans suffer at the expense of a group of greedy selfish politicians who would watch Americans suffer to get what they want.

#6824 deb4rockets, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m listening to Jim Jordan on Meet the Press and so much of his stuff is blatantly biased and misleading. He’s saying we need to look at abuses in the DOJ targeting Trump but says we can’t look at stuff that Trump did an his pressure on the DOJ because of protecting the first Amendment.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Coming in from in the mouth of a man who didn't say a word when all those Ohio in State athletes were sexually abused. He turns a blind eye to crimes when it suits him. No wonder he and Trump are on the same side.

#6827 deb4rockets, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm starting to think the RNC is ran by democrats who are trying to sabotage the party. How can they be so effin incompetent and clueless? Are you guys trying to give biden the largest win possible in 2024?

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Between this and the holding the debt ceiling hostage so they can cut Medicare and SS I can’t wait until 2024.

These idiots just don’t get that the majority of the country doesn’t agree with them.

astros123 likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We agree on something.

This is right up there with Defund The Police.

11. astros123

astros123 Member

The difference is biden ran ads rejecting that and ran on funding the police. The DNC wasn't pushing that garbage. We had fringe activists and lefties who were braindead pushing garbage policies

The difference here is that the RNC is pushing it. It's the official policy of the base. You don't understand how crazy the pro life mob is. I deal with them in Indiana and they don't care about winning elections. Banning abortion is a religious divine thing for them.

Republicans have no idea how big of a hole their digging themselves with no way out.

No Worries likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

They were both dumb ideas that made MSN's attention. I do agree with you, this sounds incredibly dumb for the RNC. Contrary to your belief, I know very little about what is going on with Republicans and they have a serious problem with letting the fringe run the narrative. Unfortunately there are no adults in the Republican Party. If Democrats want to pretend to be the adults in the room, then I will hold them to a higher standard.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the left's criticisms of the structural and cultural failings of law enforcement culture in the US are more accurate and in touch with reality than pro-lifer arguments.

Here's the thing. Leftists might ask for policy positions they know will never be implemented but they also are more "realist" when it comes to law enforcement reform where window dressing ain't going to solve the problem.

The moderate Democrat solution is things like officers sit in classes watching PowerPoint slides about "community policing". And as someone with experience in the same cultural environment witnessing the reaction of the same type of people (Marine infantry) receiving power point classes about "LGBTQ acceptance" I can tell you the only thing these methods accomplish is these people turning these classes into inside jokes and memes.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

. The moderate thing to do is say common sense things like fund the police while have your doj actually do the dirty work and investigate the departments. For example:

Doj is investigating police departments all over the nation while also looking into abuses in state prisons. Governoring seems like a foreign word to folks.

#6834 astros123, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes finding the problem isn't the issue. The problem is implementation of naive solutions such as those power point slides these cops most likely laugh at once they are away from their higher ups. The DOJ has very limited powers over local law enforcement departments.

This doesn't have to be a gotcha confrontational discussion btw. I can learn something from your perspective and you can learn something from my perspective. I don't know why you call me a "Bernie bro"? Do you think have his campaign stickers or something?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s damning with Rubio 2.0 and McCarthy blatantly putting partly and self before country. You have to be a ****ing moron to thunk house GOP is anything but self serving

Unfortunately the leftist soyboys, many who behave and demonstrate boy qualities solidify the position of evil men like McCarthy and trump

#6836 LosPollosHermanos, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  17. cdastros

cdastros Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

at this point, there’s no difference between letting your child be around a Catholic priest, and letting them be anywhere near a republican official

of course he gets caught with that…of course

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

b****

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen you mention this many a times but as someone who has trained people who have been LEO and has worked with LEO who are involved with training from waht I've seen is that it is much more involved than just watching some Powerpoint slides. I'm not going to say I that every PD is doing more involved training but what evidence do you have this is the norm for LEO training?