1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Silas is not a racist, he has no problem playing Garrison Mathews over Josh Christopher for instance. His problem is that his system is built around guards and running the pick and roll, he made his reputation and was hired here in the first place because of his work with Luka on the Mavericks. He has no clue how to build a team around a playmaking big man, which is why he would rather stunt Sengun’s growth and prop up the guards, to accommodate his own system. Silas is trying to save his own ass, nothing more nothing less.

3. FFz

FFz Member

His dad was a BIG big man coach. Shame that isn't getting carried on.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Some of you people really need be drawn every little thing like with little kids.
    He may be a cunning racist buddy, no self respecting racist act differently towards all of the members of the wrong race, of course he not gonna discriminate against all of them especially not against the scrubs, it would be too obvious and wouldn't serve his purpose.

He may be content just to help black people to have the franchise player and a max contract guy, by holding back the best white guy here and there. This is perhaps why Theis was his favorite, so nobody can accuse him of racism. LOL

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It could also be middle eastern/muslim thing. It may not be. There is no way of knowing for us.

persian hoopa likes this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

I like a lot of your post but I wish you would leave the racism stuff out of these discussions. SIlas is a bad coach who has no idea how to coach someone like Sengun. It really is that simple.

Dobbizzle and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I just don't get why he treats Sengun so different than the other players so obviously. Like Sengun can have a monster game and lead his team to victory and Silas would be like "Meh, he did OK."

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do think many decisions are based on the KPJ files.

Stone and Silas were all- in on the development as the upcoming big PG project which failed big time.

Kevin threw things and left the arena and that shot his value further.

Stone and Silas have been trying to salvage his value ever since.....anything else came second.

Silas doesn't have the mental capacity and he is grieving his dad a lot longer than ppl assume...folks don't understand that this coach is emotionally damaged for a long time.

Racism or not I doubt Silas is even thinking about it...and Stone is definitely in on monitoring Sengun and Porter.

#828 daywalker02, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

The only reason why Silas is even a head coach is because how he built an offense around Luka - who is a white euro…

10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Silas cannot build an offense to save his life. That is such a big myth that he built an offense around luka. If anything Luka built an offense despite Silas LOL.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL you hold so black and white view of racism and racial discrimination...

discriminating vs race doesn't man you hate people of other color or refuse to help them when it benefits you, and theres no other alternative, just that you tend to help your people more and on occasion even to the detriment of others...
    whatever all this is just assumptions...

it also doesn't necessarily mean that what he is doing is his personal preference, he may be just feeling the peer pressure from black community that helped him get the coaching job so he might be just 'being fair towards them' or returning them the favor either because he feels obliged or to protect his interests...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In 6 years time Jokic grew to be the MVP.

FWIW.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao he was just an assistant among assistants and folks treated him like he was named Carlisle.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes anyone could have built an offense around an all time great offensive player, point I was making is that he didn’t try to hold back Luka due to race.

15. i3artow i3aller

Paul Silas loved Sengun

Zen Tabak likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah, nice, so holding sengun back is perhaps his way of rebelling vs father figure and authority? LOL

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he wasn't in position to and it wouldn't have mattered cause luka was the top pick...here hes had some power cause alpi was an outsider anyway so it was in his power to hold him back..

again i support and feed 10 cats, does it mean that I would have never ever left them unfed to feed my neighbor or a cousin or just a random poor fellow man instead?

CircaSurvive likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Alpi was not in same year draft. He was in 2021. LaRavia and Kessler were in 2022.

AroundTheWorld likes this.