1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

Given our draft capital and cap space and hopefully a new competent coaching staff...

if the Texans have a top-10ish pick next year that means this entire offseason was a total disaster

2. Buck Turgidson

5 sammiches

Dredd likes this.
  3. raining threes

Disagree about Maye, he would be the no doubt 1st pick in this draft and since the Texans dont have the 1st pick I'm glad he's ineligible to be drafted. I know you want a QB really bad in this draft and I understand why. But Maye is far better than anybody in this current draft class.

Right now I've got in 2024 and this is subject to change.

1. Williams
    2 Maye- close 2nd

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. raining threes

You need to lower your expectations, although it's possible with the easier schedule they could win 7 games or so.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. raining threes

Simply put, No

And if you think a QB you draft cant be a top 5 QB you shouldn't spend 1-2 on a QB.

6. raining threes

Three 1sts and other than Maye there will be some other really good prospects coming out like the Michigan QB/Bo Nix/Will Rodgers/Penix etc....

7. raining threes

Doubtful since the Texans have a bevy of draft picks.

You're looking for reasons to draft a QB this yr.

8. raining threes

Birdcrap in your hand is worth how much?

9. raining threes

I believe you will be right and the Texans will regret this decision.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bo Nix is not a NFL starter, I like Penix, the Michigan QB is a back-up at best right now.

Besides Williams, none of those QBs are near Stroud and Young.

11. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

49ers have the most talented defense in the league, the best RB in the league, a pair of #1 WRs, a stout OL, and probably the most athletic TE in the world.... and they just got blown out because of QB play.

You're crazy if you don't think that game will weigh on Demeco's mind moving forward.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Would it be batsht crazy to think Brady could be a decent stopgap and get more out of a Shanahan offense than anyone else for a year or two? I almost got tarred and feathered for mentioning it at the playoff party I was at yesterday so I just want to make sure Im off my rocker before running with the idea.

Nook likes this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

While I usually love your posts and ideas, I'd have to say "Yes" that it is crazy for Brady to come here. He's looking for a play-off ready team if he leaves TAM, SF looks like the perfect situation for him and a return home. That would be the favorite situation if I had to guess.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Young isn't going #2 in the draft unless teams decide that Stroud is a better prospect.

The Rockets are likely gettting the second highest ranked QB in this draft.

I am fine with Stroud, I actually like him more than Young.

Having said that, there is no guaranteed franchise type QB in this draft.

I think the Rockets need to decide on their HC and take it from there.

It is possible the Texans can turn the #2 pick into 3-4 first rounders by trading back a couple of times.

While QB is obviously the most important position, if you look at the top QB's, not all of them are top 5 picks.

The Texans already have the Browns pick and extra picks next year.

If the Texans turn the #2 this year into a couple of #1's by dealing with the Colts, and then flip the Colts for a couple of #1's, then with 5-6 #1s over the next two seasons, the Texans can build up their lines and skill positions to add a QB. It may be better team building.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Brady would have zero interest unless McNair gave him part ownership in the team and the McNair's want 100% of that meal ticket.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL yeahh. One too many micheladas yesterday.

Shark44 likes this.
  17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I would be (mostly) OK with another top 5 pick next year because this team - even with DeMeco, a good offseason and a productive '23 draft - needs many more high-end players... having said that - and not to be "well, actually..." guy - but picks 8-13 in this year's draft all won 7 games so it *is* possible the Texans are picking top 10 again *and* had a much better season.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I genuinely don't think even ownership would entice him. I'm going to guess Brady would rather own a team either on the West Coast or in Florida; maybe East Coast (I'm not sure where Brady has homes). I can't imagine he'd want to retire to Houston? (I'm assuming Brady would be a hands-on owner; or, at the very least, a very visible one.)

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly Brady wants to retire at least partially to Florida.

I personally don't get the infatuation that some have with Florida. California is vastly more impressive geographically.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Penix is not an NFL starter. McCarthy is higher rated ( by a lot) than Penix.

Maye and Williams are considered by all services to be better than Young and definitely Stroud.

You’re too obvious man, just say you want a black QB. You and HLM have the worst takes