1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps because it helps your arbitrary player look better ie in a more desirable company...LOL

cml750, berkowsk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Damn no KD in your list? He was by far the best player on those two championships. Without him Harden would be on your list.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Draymond disagrees, but you may be right.

4. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I have no idea what you're trying to say here and don't think you do either, but good to know that no one is racist because you say so. Thanks for clearly that up.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks like to confuse American elitism with racism. There's a lot of Folks that think American players are better than International players. That's not racism.

Silas likes ball dominant guards over centers that's not racism, that's him being inflexible.

Racism does exist but attributing that to being the reason for sengun poor treatement is just stupid.

maj21 and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Judging a player based solely on their nationality is not racism??

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea? American isn't a race last I checked

9. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Hahahahaha got it

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think it has anything to do with racism, and I would prefer if that theory would never be brought up again.

cml750 and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's just a simple case of a coach being close minded to the greatness of an International player.

A great coach is one that is open minded and willing to utilize any player as long as said player is good at playing bb.

Pop will love a player like sengun.

If silas last long enough he will end up loving sengun eventually. Similar to how folks weren't on board with luka giannis, joker, it just take awhile for folks to come around.

#771 DatRocketFan, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

First of all I never even applied it towards Silas, it was more about the people here with irrational hate. But don't worry I won't bring it up again, you guys obviously can't handle it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean.

I just think that his play on the court is so strong, nobody's bias, even if it exists, will be able to hold him down. Talking about racial bias in this case just makes it easier to attack his supporters.

cml750, slothy420, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I agree and I've tried to avoid it, it's just tough when you see that the hate is so irrational it's clearly coming from a place that is beyond what he does on the basketball court.

cml750, AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Take what I said about silas and u can apply it to the casuals who are down on sengun.

It's not racism.

Folks prefer a "tall athletic" center and sengun doesn't fit the mold. I wouldn't worry too much, folks will come around eventually when sengun maintains his performance of excellency.

U can also attribute some of the hate comes from kpj only fans who feel that the player they stan for is losing to sengun. Hence the Bruno should

16. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Buddy you can't just apply your own line of thinking to every single person out there, that's now how real life works.I get you want it to be all cupcakes and rainbows but at least a few are going to judge based on race. But again, we're done talking about it.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yep like how I can't broadly paint folks to not being racist, said can b applied to u. I know racism exist, I just don't see it being applied to sengun.

Well feel free to call out the next poster u feel is being "racist" to sengun. Pfffft.

18. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Was doing just fine before you felt the need to give your 2 cents, but thanks.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Why is it so important to you to push the (completely nonsensical and irrational) racism narrative? You're trying really hard, and it just doesn't fly in anybody's minds except the delusional SOF circle jerk/echo chamber.

20. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Never said it was so important, sorry you feel that way. But it just doesn't exist in your guys' world, I get it.

hakeem94 likes this.