1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Eric Gordon seeking buyout - trying to make his way to the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 26, 2023.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

#AreYouWitus

[​IMG]

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's pretty deep. I hope our FO will be that competent if we win the lottery.

clos4life likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is scary if the media is allowed to publicy imply who you are by any means.

In Europe you are relatively secure, they take identity relatively seriously.

There is no way to avoid the IRS here.

Easy likes this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lmao!! I've NEVER heard anybody in the Morey era not give him credit but give his staff member credit lol. Sengun was drafted under the Stone era, as well as Green & Tari, and Stone deserves credit. How do you fire a GM who during a rebuild and he's already found 2 cornerstone pieces?

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Green was a consensus top 3. that was not a risky choice. Tari and Sengun were good picks. The knock on Stone has been less about his drafts, but more on his signings, lackluster trades, inability to improve at the margins.

But on the draft part:

Like I said, Stone should get some credit for final approval. The nuance part of this is that on the Rockets GM team, it appears that Eli was the one pushing to get Sengun. After Sengun was drafted, he played behind Wood, behind Theis, behind Bruno. It wasn't until now, out of necessity, Al p finally started.

We know Stone likes to meddle and mandate certain players to start. (Sengun wasn't on that VIP list). If he's one of the rookie/sophmorenthat end up having to prove himself... fine. There's level to a GM's expectations in their draftees, and how much they actually believed in their upside.

#185 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ever cross your mind that Stone doesn’t want certain players played because he doesn’t want to advertise them to other teams…. While at sametime displaying players he wouldn’t mind including in a trade package around EG?

Corrosion and don grahamleone like this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Tari could be the steal of the draft and even if someone on his staff pushed for Sengun, which I don't believe, he still signed off on it. So yes, he deserves credit for bringing in great young core pieces

The Rockets are clearly not tryna win right now. So the only thing they should be judged on is are their players developing. Green's been up & down this year, but I think it's mostly because he doesn't have a legit point guard aside him. If Sengun's taken a huge step this year, then the FO has been a SUCCESS through the rebuild. Stone has been solid

Hui and Corrosion like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Anyone else worried about playing EG and the injury risk so close to the deadline? He wants out and they are not helping him by trotting him out there nightly for 30 min. PJ sat out till we moved him. We paid John Wall max money for 2 yrs to stay away. We shut EG down at the end of the year last year to solidify the tank. Why can’t we just shut EG down until we trade him at the deadline? I don’t get it. Playing him significant minutes is just stupid at this point.

BigMaloe, glynch, Richie_Rich and 6 others like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Totally agree, if we want to make sure we get a return (even if just a few second round picks), why risk it.

bj3175 and PeterKingX like this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jared from Subway.

theDude and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He has a weird history of injuries right before the deadline. Also, KMJ needs to start at small forward….bunch of morons running this team.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I have no idea why EG still gets minutes on this team, I don't think he should have played at all this season. I'd have given him the John Wall treatment - go away until we find a deal for you.

I've said since before the season began that I didn't think there was a trade to be had for Gordon, I still don't think there is and ultimately, he ends up getting bought out and goes to Philly on a minimum deal.

bj3175 and PeterKingX like this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yeah, I’ve been advocating for the same…and similarly think the all the EGo trade noise before were leaked by our front office trying to spur people into getting in a bidding war that didn’t exist. It made sense at some point in EGo’s career but the money and the expected value he was supposed to bring the last few years didn’t really make him a valuable asset to anyone but a highly specific use case that didn’t end up happening.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets front office are headless chickens.
    They benched John Wall entire season but play Gordon significant mins now. It makes no sense.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the showcasing and hiding thing. If the guy is a good player, you are supposed to play him anyway. If he's not motivated or not playing good, you are showcasing the negatives, lowing his value.

And why do you want to hide a good player? The only time I can think of that you don't want other teams to value one of your players is when he is hitting the FA market. But all of our young players are far from reaching the end of their contracts.

clutchdabear and Deckard like this.
  16. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

He doesn't want Sengun to play because other teams will get to see how he plays?? Please elaborate on this if you can because I'm fascinated.

Easy likes this.
  17. Hui

Hui Member

First John Wall then the worst losing streak in the league and now Eric Gordon seriously the Rockets organization needs to fix this issue. They looking like a joke

18. Xopher

Xopher Member

I don't get this. Stone has the leverage here. All he has to do is tell teams "There will be no buyout. If you want EG, then let's make a deal, but don't wait on a buyout because there will not be one." Now I'm not saying the Rockets will get great picks or players or anything, but they will get something. It doesn't hurt anything this season to send EG home after the deadline and let him sit on the couch and collect his money. No buyout. Don't give these teams what they want. Force them to deal or go without a player they want.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is the Witus guy I’ve ever seen

20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take a player like JC … who other teams might be interested in being included in EG or KMJ trade ….