1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, but I think he is a C that can also average a high amount of assists.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

as much as i am enamored by your comment its sad how much your view of basketball is black and white and 2 dimensional LOL

3. cdastros

cdastros Member

4. i3artow i3aller

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do Frittata and Stone have any idea how lucky they got?

Silas still in denial, but he's as good as gone, so it really doesn't matter much anymore.

The Frittatas need to get it, and act accordingly.

6. cdastros

cdastros Member

The Sengun talk starts around 1:51 on the hoopervision channel. The ex players on the panel also praised him.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Click on play - Our guy will be ready!

clos4life, cml750, Ankara1923 and 2 others like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

Deckard, clos4life, cml750 and 5 others like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why would you want to diminish one of his greatest skills? Because it’s not traditionally done at his position? Who cares? He should continue to focus on playmaking even if we get a good pg.

Deckard, clutchdabear, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The problem is not being center, it is selfishness/unselfishness mentality. Whenever a player does assist, announcer comment as " unselfish".

Jokic assists, Doncic assists, Sengun assists,..as were taught in their junior years.Quite likely this trio will lead triple doubles list in two years time. NCAA/High Schools/G-League should focus on ball sharing and team sprit. Assisting/passing is not unselfishness, it is a must.

Deckard, clutchdabear, cml750 and 4 others like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS! btw sengun also doesnt have to play center...lol at ppl being so stuck in their 19th century thinking

bmelo likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

I am sure Rockets win it

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If we utilize sengun offense from the get go, we would probably have enough synergy to get better results. We already looks so much better than the head honcho offense regardless of the results.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. j@amc

j@amc Member

Nice to see Zach Lowe list Sengun as a bright spot among the "misery" in Houston. Two paragraphs:

"The Rockets are a semi-functional offensive team with Sengun on the floor, and if you watch Houston, you know that's a massive accomplishment. You see Sengun directing traffic on both ends, trying to restore order to chaos -- cajoling cutters, picking which side of the floor to run plays, calling out what the opposing offense might do. If the Rockets wanted to win, they'd run more offense through him. You sense Sengun knows this. Hell, players on other teams have said it publicly."

"Sengun has a star potential on offense. Jabari Smith Jr. has flashed some catch-and-go verve. Houston's shoot-first guards draw most of the attention, but I'm excited to see how the Smith-Sengun front-court -- throw in more Tari Eason! -- coalesces."
    When national media clown you because they can see that you aren't committed to winning, you have to make changes.

Can our owner see how his front office is being mocked?

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i dont think he cares at all, and less be fair, why would he?

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

Most business owners try to manage or at least mitigate negative reviews in social media since that diminishes their overall value. But I guess fielding a less than competitive team and offering a less than competitive overall product is fine.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes but what you cited is more positive than negative.. 'yes they are dumb and not competitive but have promising and exciting core... and greatest odds of getting the new lebron...'

i think this just increases the value of the franchise cause people more like hope and promise/potential of greatness than lets say a 4th seed that is not a favorite to win it all....

18. a time to chill

I don’t buy the narrative that there is an anti-Sengun agenda amongst the front office and coaching staff. Stone traded to get Sengun so he obviously has a high value on him, and I think if Silas was actually hindering Sengun he would be fired by now. Sengun has progressed since he’s been drafted and that’s mostly credited to his talent and hard work, but coaching also deserves some credit as well. Silas has been pushing Sengun to cut down on turnovers, play better defense, and limit fouls and Sengun has been meeting the challenge.

plegus likes this.
  19. maypk

maypk Member

I'd give FO and Silas credit if they were smart enough to not start Bruno "GOAT" Fernando over Alperen Sengun.

The players who developed the most from previous season are KJ and Sengun, they have 2 things in common. They spent the summer away from the organization and they didn't get the playing time they deserve for 1,5 seasons until KPJ got injured.

#699 maypk, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The frustration is that he does not apply the same standards to the other players. He was fast to bench Sengun, only now has he started playing 30+ mins a game, which should have been the case ever since Wood hit the road. KPJ and Green can absolutely give up on the defensive end with no consequences. People wanting to give Silas credit for Sengun’s play of late are delirious. Silas fought running the ball through him until forced by injuries. This is something virtually every fan and every basketball player and coach in the league has been calling for since the beginning of the year. Sengun is cutting down on TO’s because of playing time, not at Silas’ urging. Hell if that is the case how come Green’s and KPJ’s TO’s are still atrocious. I’m sure Silas urged them too. Ridiculous!