1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

So why did the pacers trade Sabonis? Sengun is gonna get bounced, you’ll see. Doesn’t mean I don’t recognize how good he is

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Then why did absolutely nobody want him to the point Cleveland gave him away for free? How am I wrong. There's 6 of you on this board who like him and everyone else says the same thing I do. You're the one who is wrong

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. maj21

maj21 Member

Bc he had character issues, dating back to college. No other team wanted to deal with that, despite his talent. We took that chance bc we were desperate and felt confident that Lucas could help him

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. maj21

maj21 Member

Great point. They fail to realize this and it’s silly. We’re better off with all of our guys healthy, period

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We were recently told by insiders that the character issues are still present.

Aside from that, the two most important players (Sengun and Green) play much better without him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

I disagree.. I’m happy with Sengun, he’s gonna help us land our next superstar in a trade. The rockets know that his defense is gonna keep us from being contenders.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I never said we are better with KPJ. I think KPJ has a role on this team cuz he's the best spot up shooter. And he can play his head honcho role with the bench guys. But will he accept that role? That's the ultimate question. Cuz the rockets are way more fun to watch with a Sengun offense.

cml750, CXbby, King1 and 3 others like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol now he's gonna get us a super star? Didn't you want to trade him and first round picks for OG just a few days ago? Is OG our superstar?

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. King1

His past is extensive. He's also at Centerfolds and Treasures all the time. I know it for a fact because I know girls at both spots. Now, I personally don't have a problem with strip clubs but someone with his situation shouldn't be putting himself in that situation

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My fault, went back and re-read it and I see now that you aren't the same guy who said we are better without head honcho. I thought that was you. Yall need some avatars man. I'm too stupid to keep track of all these names I need pictures.

cml750 likes this.
  14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

For the backup guards' defense, Silas gives ball handling to EG even if he has the backup guards in the game and Garuba has not been playing well lately.

The second units lack structure, players that can organize things, players that can think while the plays are developing. They get EG as their vet but that doesn't help at all. EG just dribbles and drives or jacks up a 3. He doesn't have the skill to run anything. I think it would be better just to let tyty run things. I don't think it will be worse, even it is, it will be some valuable experience tyty and we see what he has.

So these were not about KPJ. If kpj will return in his previous role, we are definitely better off without him.

harold bingo and King1 like this.
  15. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m thinking bigger now

16. King1

He was in a trade for Haliburton who is a great young guard. Sengun isn't getting traded. You can wish for it to happen but your boy will be out of the league first

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

We shall see! I see improvements, but maybe he’ll make me stupid down the road. I also don’t think he’s this team’s savior btw, just think he can be a piece

18. maj21

maj21 Member

Gonna be interesting to see who’s right. I know it’s gonna be me, but we can argue until then.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, you gotta stop. This just lets everyone know you’re not a Rockets fan

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. maj21

maj21 Member

I just don’t believe we can build a defense around him and I’m not changing my mind. I still root for him and think we need to keep running this offense. I just have major concerns defensively. I don’t believe he can fix it bc of physical limitations