1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clutch on Silas’ post-game presser: “Something definitely changed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 26, 2023.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

There is no fault. It was inevitable. He took a bad hand to get into the poker game. You can sit at the table, but you can't win with these cards. What you can say is that he lacked the vision to see the inevitable conclusion before he took the job. The only way out for him is to survive through year 2026. The coach who gets/has these guys in 2026 will survive until 2029, the time at which a championship will be demanded.

2. conquistador#11

Just gotta love coach Silas on the radio. Always saying what I want to hear. "Now the thing is when Kevin comes back, we have to find a way to marry the two. (hehehehe) :laugh stops: We will be playing less pick and roll and more dribble hand offs... "

We'll see how it goes in real life:
    [​IMG]

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Topic turned into 2021 re-draft, where folks debating Sengun would go #1.

[​IMG]

DreamShook, Deckard, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  4. Brad Newley the Goat

I could only get access to the wizards broadcast. Their commentators thought our line up to start the 4th was hilarious and obvious tanking.

Richie_Rich, Plowman, Yung-T and 7 others like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wish I had the clip because Drew Gooden was spot on lol

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Agree.
    however, who is "we". The fans? Harden? Westbrook? Stone?

7. albuster

albuster Member

Jabari is still young and he still has a lot to learn about basic basketball. Now that Sengun has caught the attention of other teams and is starting to get double-teamed, someone should teach Jabari how to cut to the basket and make the other teams pay. He is so tall that it would be easier for Sengun to see him and pass him the ball. I don't understand why someone with his height parks himself most of the time outside the 3 point line. He is not even making the threes yet. If the Rockets have veteran players who know how to play off of Sengun the team would be hard to defend.

Moe likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I would imagine the only reason Matthews plays more than Josh is his ability to draw fouls and intensity but he is often featured in lineups where there’s not a lot of scoring in terms of getting to the paint. His constant jacking up threes early in the shot clock is irritating.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm tempted to watch last night's game again on LP, but with the Wizards broadcast crew. Tempted, but not sure whether I should subject myself to it in order to get "the view" from the opponent's crew.

Usually, it's painful, but sometimes the sort of thing you and one or two others have pointed out offer a perspective we definitely lack with Craig and Hollins. Understandably, I guess, since their employment is essentially given to them by the Rockets. However, our guys give us way too much "BBQ Chicken" from Hollins and complaints from Craig about Ryan ribbing him about losing his hair. At least I like Craig. Can't say that about Ryan.

I wish you did, too.

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is exactly it. I knew he was biased but I didnt realize it was this deep.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

"dribble hand offs are great because I tell Sengun to stick his bum out. That's all time great C play right there. Not sure why he fouls out so fast in dribble hand off offence though?"

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

He is still young. Time for him to put in the work and I hope he does.

AroundTheWorld and albuster like this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you've got League Pass, it starts @ 4th quarter - 10:31, right after Eric Gordon/Garrison Matthews' foul on Kuzma and before he steps to the line. I believe it was Chris Miller and Drew Gooden broadcasting :

Gooden : "You know what's going on right now?"
    Miller : "Talk to me..."
    Gooden : "You think the Houston Rockets wanna win this game?"
    Miller : "You're tryna get me in trouble..." [starting to laugh]
    Gooden : "There's a guy overseas named Victor Wembanyama..." [both start laughing together]
    Miller : "Stop it! See? I'm not goin' there..." [both still laughing]
    Gooden : "I'm just sayin' ... because the way this game is goin', and if I'm the Houston Rockets, and if I'm coach Silas, I'm putting in my top 5 people in the game right now" [a promo/Wizards ticket ad starts playing]
    Miller : "I'm so glad this promo came up..." [still laughing while they announce the promo... promo ends... gameplay resumes]
    Gooden : "I'm just saying... if I wanted to win this game, and if I'm coach Silas, I am putting my top 5 players in there... the rest of the game... the rest of the 4th quarter."
    Miller : "I just want to thank my producer [somebody] for queuing up that promo at the right time."

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rafael Stone dukakis_tank_2_c.jpg

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously- I have not gotten a chance to see last night's game yet but Smith's 0-5 3pt stat line in 30 min sticks out as potentially determinative.

If Smith is not working out let him sit a bit. He's young. There's time. The Rockets just committed to Tate for better or worse;, just tell him it's a minutes restriction due to injury.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

OMG too freaking funny. Thanks for posting the transcript.

burlesk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Matthews is and remains one of the league's best charge-baiters, which instantly makes him a top 3 impact defender on the Rockets.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks! I'll watch it. :cool:

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

NBA version of an NFL long snapper.

burlesk likes this.