1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis - 13.1 FTA/Game - Where is the Outrage?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Jan 24, 2023.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah. Lou Williams also was pretty good.

apollo33 likes this.
  2. RocketsDraftTV

tomato tomatou

werent the harden rules supposed to curtail free-throw attempts tho lol

3. RocketsDraftTV

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Similar story on a ringer podcast last week with a few of their guys making their all star selections. The “host” brought up Harden and one guy when giving his justification for leaving Harden off just straight up said something along the lines of “yeah he’s been really good, but I guess it’s just my personal bias…hahaha”

SamFisher likes this.
  5. RocketsDraftTV

its racism, its why steve nash and jokic can almost win 3 straight mvps without winning **** in the playoffs but its like pulling teeth for darker skinned nba players to win anything in the adam silver era. hell they gave brogdon rookie of the year over embiid and ben simmons rookie of the year over spida mitchell lol.. and who could forget them handing rookie of the year to lamelo ball over the more deserving anthony edwards

until the players fight and get those voting privledges back than euros and lightskins are gonna make up the majority of awards winners for the next 10 years because the voters are stuck up white males who have never played sports and are super bias and racist

Rocket River likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The guy I was referencing is black. 0% chance his stance on Harden as an all star this season is based on race.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Him being black does not dismiss what @RocketsDraftTV says

Colorism is a real thing

Rocket River

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

there is something fishy going on

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

22 FTA tonight

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMH

Is 15 a night out of the question?

Rocket River

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

look at this sh*t

just runs into people and gets the call every time

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I am surprised he made the shot after doing that.

also this.

14. haven

haven Member

Someone made the Shaq comparison earlier, and I think it's pretty apt. Giannis is virtually unguardable one on one so people foul him. It's nice that referees are actually officiating contact properly rather than swallowing their whistles so often as an artificial limitation on fouls. I wish Shaq had received the same treatment; he dished it out, but the beating he took wasn't fair.

15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Harden had 17 drives per game in his MVP season, with 10 FTA.
    In past two years, Luka had 20 and 22 drives per game with 7 FTA.

Luka gets 11.3 FTAs in this season, and people act like he has been always been a "FT merchant". Those people of course don't mention how many more postups Luka has been getting this season.

With 21 drives and 5 post-ups per game this season, Luka actually gets less FTA's proportionally than Harden in his MVP season (17 drives and 1 post up per game).

Harden probably upped his FTA count also with opponents fouling his 3pt shots, which players nowadays get less.

durvasa likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

7-18 from the stripe up to 13.3/game now - waiting for Don MacLean to tell me he "cheated the game" like he said about Harden for shooting so many FTs.

Richie_Rich and pippendagimp like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They were doing hack-a-giannis.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

“I just feel like this style, what Harden does, is manipulating the game somehow. Almost like cheating it somehow. And I don’t really have a thought beyond that other than I’m watching something that isn’t basketball. To me, basketball is player movement, ball movement, designed plays. Not just a guy walking it up and isolating every time. That’s why I brought up that point earlier, that who else could do this? It’s not like that within the system, he’s getting all these numbers. The system is built for him.”

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ish Smith clearly slapped his arms, seems like the first action was deemed a no call, maybe should have been a charge if his shoulder went down too much but could have easily been called a block since he was moving and not in a balanced position

20. Asian Sensation

Most free throw attempts by season in the last 40 years.

[​IMG]

Looks like some bearded bum loser got more than his fair share of calls. What are you rejects crying about again? Giannis being 7 ft, running, dunking and winning a championship & finals MVP while having no skill at all?