1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Jesus Christ.... if anyone doubts entitlement exists, watch this interview.... they have the intelligence of goldfish. I thought that Hannah had to be the smarter of the two of them - nope.... no amount of private tutors, private schooling or life experience can make up for that type of IQ shortage.

Hannah should be volunteering at some small-town school outside Dallas and Cal should be selling propane and propane accessories.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

for me it was the extra "and propane accessories" that made this a top tier message!

Rudyc281, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

Pretty sure that was the Houston Sports Awards event, as the owner of the city's football team, he belongs at an event like that.

That said, man he sounds dumb. He tilts his head like a pug when he receives a question too.

4. Fantasma Negro

This dude is doing everything to appease the fans. Dude grilled burgers in the parking lot in 100 degree weather for **** sake and still can't catch a break smh. By the way, Tommy Boy saves the company at the end. This fanbase is so ****ing toxic

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I think Cal has gotten better every year. Hannah stepping up has helped as well. Just because he isn't a gifted speaker doesn't mean he doesn't care or is dumb. He has been handed a multi billion dollar business from his parents. In the past he has been involved and had his input but the buck has never stopped with him when it comes to making critical decisions.

I think it takes some time to adjust to, he seems like a good man who might have a tough time firing people, which isn't in everyone's personality to do naturally. I think for the most part in the business world, a lot of CEO, CFO's started at the bottom of the company and gained power at a lower level with the ability to hire and fire. By the time they become the CEO they are used to making critical decisions. Cal was thrown to the wolves in that regard and it showed early on in giving Obrien too much power, keeping Easterby around, etc. I think Caserio was a good hire and bringing Hannah into a more vocal voice from ownership are improvements. At the end of the day he is an owner that has been willing to spend to make the team successful and does not meddle like a Jerry Jones, Jim Irsay. Cal isn't perfect but today he is better than the first day he took over.

6. cbass

cbass Member

Yeah, it’s the fans’ fault that the Texans are a laughingstock.

sure thing

HillBoy likes this.
  7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hey! My granddaughter loves her goldfish!

Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This!

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not sure if posted

Pancakes with some good info on Ryans

Fulgore and Rocket Guy like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Should Cal sell the team? Give away his fortune?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This franchise has been the laughingstock of the NFL for years now. Some would say their entire history, but I'm not one of those.

At any rate, I think the fans are allowed to have a little fun at the owners expense.

Every fanbase in the NFL makes fun of their owner - especially when the team blows just endless amounts of chunks.

cbass likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I don’t hear cowgirl fans talking about Jerry really and they are always the most disappointing team every year.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I wonder who is more worthless, Easterby or McClain...both have been handsomely compensated to be atrociously wrong all the time...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. houston19519

houston19519 Member

18. Major

Major Member

Jerry Jones is the most talked about owner in the NFL.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

The article is actually pretty meaningless.

"San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans has emerged as a top candidate to become the Denver Broncos' next head coach."

That's the opening paragraph. "A top candidate"... no way?!? Any human being with a Twitter account could have written the exact same article.

houston19519 likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member