1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Sounds like Cal’s wife is playing an active role in this process. Interesting.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

The main thing I took from this interview is Hannah is quite the milf

3. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I can’t decide if Hannah being so involved in the process would be a positive or negative to the HC candidates.

On one hand, it’s a big flashing sign of disfunction. On the other, it’s a little reassuring to see a real grown-up holding Tommy Boy’s hand.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is too easy, which is why the Texans won't do it. But anyway:
    Get Demeco. Draft Will Andersen at #2. Trade #12 and a 3rd for Justin Fields. Use rest of draft to fill in the rest.
    You're welcome.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

God no. Fields is not the answer

6. Major

Major Member

If Fields is that good, why would Chicago trade him and then have to use their #1 pick on a rookie QB? They'd basically be trading #1 overall for #12 and a 3rd rounder.

If he's not that good, why would the Texans want him?

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

None of the QBs you would pick at #2 (Young/Stroud) has shown anything in the NFL either obviously. I have confidence in the 49ers QB development so those two years will be beneficial to the Texans. And you get to use #2 on Carter or Anderson which is my preference anyway.

If you get a legit OC/QB coach that is proven to develop then I’d be okay with Levis/Richardson at #12 who both need huge amounts of development but have more potential if you can hone their talent….

Shark44 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lance had ONE good season at the FCS level and it wasn’t even his last year. People got fooled by the same stats as Carson Wentz (same school). Prototype size with great run ability. Problem is the competition level. Young and Stroud played at high level’s against the best competition. You take them at #2.

Again, get fooled by prototypes who haven’t performed (Levis and Richardson). Stop ****ing around and draft Stroud or Young.

houstonstime and red5rocket like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Definitely. Guys like Big Ben or Josh Allen or Kurt Warner never can succeed. And those stars from big schools like JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf and Matt Leinart and Vince Young are sure-fire successes.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I can tell you that she is definitely the brains of the operation (being their marriage...my wife has done a lot of business with their family). I'd probably feel better about her being involved than if it were just Tommy Boy. At least easter bunny is gone.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um, Let's emphasis the EXCEPTIONS. The point is Lance hasn't shown anything in the NFL. Comparing Young and Stroud's college careers against Lance, Young and Stroud are 2 of the most productive and EFFICIENT QBs in College history in the 2 best conferences in College Football.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Meh… trade the #2 pick to Indy for #4 and a first rounder next year. At number 4 take Stroud (who is better than Young) or if someone like the Panthers offer you #9 and a first rounder in 2024 and 2025; do that.

The Texans could potentially end up with a lot of picks.

raining threes likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I know you aren't saying not to focus on "exceptions" and hyping up Young at the same time.

MadMax, Nook and raining threes like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He is focusing on exceptions. We don't know what Young, but I am willing to take a risk on his Production in college.

15. raining threes

This is how you build long lasting success.

It's also why I expect Cal to do the exact opposite.

Nook likes this.
  16. raining threes

LOL,

I'm hoping whoever the new QB is, that he gets the Mills treatment and level of expectations.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I personally think Stroud is a better prospect than Young.

red5rocket likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I would rather stay put and get Carter. I am a bit scared of the hoarding picks strategy and not picking a Qb this year. If indeed, we hire Demeco and get a defensive anchor and are active for actual good players in FA, when will be the next time we are position to get a top tier QB through the draft? This might be our last chance for several years. Franchise QB’s rarely change teams via FA or trade. It really comes down to how good Bryce or Stroud become. If we don’t draft one that works out, we are going to be in mediocre hell for a decade. Most of this is just rhetorical, since I’m really very bad at assessing college players.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I was saying the exact thing about Trey Lance but I was thinking #34 and a later pick. If Bryce Young is gone at #1, I would consider that.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Same. Drafting Bryce Young would be like drafting a 6'8" center in basketball. Simply too small for the pro level. Might work in college though.

Nook and raining threes like this.