1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If the end results are the same between kpj v sengun both Ls. U look at the stats that differentiates pace, turnovers, etc. if u still can't see the difference then there's no helping stupid.

2. Sengun

Sengun Member

You asked to someone on Twitter thinking that team statistics were better when there was KPJ, but when the answer was not what you expected, you changed the subject and ran away and you are still trying to prove something by polemic with the people here. Come on, get a life! Don't make yourself look ridiculous any more. There are a few people left who think KPJ is a basketball player, maybe this team can be successful when you disappear too.

RudyTBag, berkowsk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Okay, this is it. I don’t buy into ‘Silas is a nice guy, a good person’ crap anymore. He seems to be a complete ass hole. Can’t even praise the kid’s current performance without bashing him and that is not even remotely correct. It doesn’t need any explanation but he had good assists numbers when he first started until you demoted him to Bruno Fernando role and then further decided that Bruno was better for that role. For god’s sake you would never use alpi this way despite the huge outside pressure if it wasn’t for injuries. You are an idiot, a bad coach and a bad person.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Yea the "good person" charade is over.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He seems only nice to his adopted son, KPJ

CircaSurvive, Entropy, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, that is certainly a simplistic way to look at things.

7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

And particularly bad to Sengun. Totally indifferent to others, which is very negative for a young team.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

During this 13 game losing streak Sengun has clearly been the best player on the team. Yeah he can make some bone headed mistakes but so do all players his age. You can see the progress he has made from last year to this year. He is so efficient around the basket, willing passer, crashes the boards and I think plays ok defense considering he is playing starting center at 6'9 and only 20 years old.

I worry a little about Jalen, during this losing streak he hasn't been good especially the last few games. He is too careless with the ball, takes too many low quality inefficient shots and has been a black hole on offense. His progress is small compared to Sengun, and I think Jalen is very close to his ceiling where as I think Sengun has a much higher ceiling . Jalen will need to change his attitude if he is going to break through that lower ceiling.

Entropy, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

And here you are not applying common sense and context to the very stat you're trying to use in order to support your delusion that KPJ is a good passer. He's not. and ALP is way better.

You can't compare the A/TO between them because they haven't had equal time as the playmaker. KPJ has played the majority of the season as the main playmaker, while Sengun has only had control of the offense in these last 5 or 6 games. Obviously in the time where he was just a glorified screen setter on the perimeter, Sengun would have more TOs than assists. The sample size isn't big enough yet. But judging from the eye-test since the beginning of this season up till now, Sengun has always been the superior passer.

Why would anyone bash Sengun when he leads our team in most of the advanced stats AND his playmaking is far superior than whatever it is that KPJ does on the court?

Sengun's playmaking > KPJ's blackhole selfishness.

#8111 Entropy, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I raise...

:)

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, that is BS we got our wires crossed, I was trying to point out that 5 games of data is not really all that useful as it is a small sample size....he didn't understand, I don't find Twitter all that useful tbh.

And me disappear? I have been here longer than you have probably been alive kid. KPJ is a very good NBA player, but here is the THING loverboy.....

They are both HOUSTON ROCKETS, it is not KPJ vs Alpi....they are both Rockets try showing some class and CHEERING FOR THE ROCKETS ...this is a ROCKETS BOARD.

There is nothing worse than player only fans - we had them when Yao was here, when Lin was here, and now we are being invaded by a country half in Asia and half in Europe.....GEEZ.....root for the name on the front......like when Hakeem was here.....this bullshit of player vs player is like dealing with a bunch of ****ing 12 year olds....who are worshiping their NBA cards.....FFS - get a girlfriend or something.

A loss is a loss man, all that matters is not the BULLSHIT made up stats....it is wins and losses the rest is just to give people a job .....and make them feel important.

DD

#8113 DaDakota, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    topfive likes this.
  14. plegus

plegus Member

Sometimes you percieve your ideas to be too bright that cripples rest of your vision. You love to build arguments based on stats that you picked, which are 'real' however, you include the context if only it suits your argument.

You are great at sparking arguments though! Keep it up!

#8114 plegus, Jan 23, 2023
  15. DaDakota

I am just tired of ONLY FANS - who divide the team, root for the Rockets FFS, that is what this site is for, the HOUSTON ROCKETS and a lot of us have been here for years - without the nonsense of child like fans cheering for just one player.

Everyone has a favorite that's cool, mine right now is Eason, but I will root for all the players - criticism is fair, but if all you do is post about one player, and try to run others down.....GTFO here.;...or at least let me know so I can put your ass on ignore....

And pleg, you haven't been here long enough to know anything about me......

DD

16. DaDakota

OK the Assist to Turnover ratio has nothing to do with playing time it is simply a ratio for when you are on the court.

If Alpi wasn't playing as much he should have fewer of both and he does....

Sengun is a better passer, at least the eye test but he also is a high turnover guy...according to the data.....

I am not complaining he will get better just like KPJ....I think we need them both.

And for the RECORD - I LIKE ALPI - and think that he should be the hub of the offense......and I think he and KPJ make a very good contrast in styles which makes us harder to prepare for.....

DD

17. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Stop this "Sengun is 6'9" nonsense please.
    Sengun is 2.09 ms, equal to six feet ten and half inches.

robbie380, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. plegus

plegus Member

Okay I see you are frustrated which is super understandable since you are a fan almost forever and rebuilding teams suck.

I am non-stop here everyday reading everything since the day Alperen is drafted. That is all I have, but almost 2 years is not too shabby to have an idea.

If you care; I've been watching NBA since 2003 (MJ last allstar game was my first ever live game).
    Starting from 2021 Summer League, I have watched every single Rockets game. I watched some more than once. I listen/watch almost every podcast/show out there about Rockets and NBA. I read all the articles, twitter posts. I also buy merch, have a Harden Jersey :) So I might not be a regular fan but since I watch/listen every damn thing, I want to see good and successfull basketball rather than just one guy do whatever. For me it is fluidity and harmony what makes basketball beautiful. So yes I am here because of Alperen but no I am not a 'player fan', which actually sounds void to my ears.

For the record, I do not like watching low IQ players by default. Doesn't mean they are not great players, just not my taste. Therefore my ideas might converge to building towards Motion, Triangle, Princeton etc. rather than P&R, ISO etc. So I am biased towards that cuz that is beautiful to watch. Alperen happens to be promoting that.

I've seen your ideas cruise over certain topics, sometimes change based on evidence so I respect that. But there are bunch of frustrating childish characters here who get into your skin and your tone changes bitterly. I am writing these because I believe you genuinely want the best for the team, take your time while opening an argument or answering one. Therefore, I follow (meaning I read carefully if I see any of you) you and some other to learn about the team since I believe Alperen will be here for a long time and this is a team sport first and foremost.

This is me introducing myself. Hope this convinces you I am no troll or player only fan (whatever that is)

#8118 plegus, Jan 23, 2023
  19. DaDakota

Respect to you for this post.....and enjoy the ride, I also don't like Low IQ players, but I also don't like people getting on a player who is being asked to learn how to play a NEW position and is doing so at the club's request.....got to give that player some room and time to grow.

Welcome to the Rocket board, and I respect your views....well said.

DD

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't like only fan proceeds to cheerleader for kpj at every opportunity and defend him against any critcism. Projecting as always.