1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Eh...maybe that's why Peyton never won much? Andy Reid's coaches and players have always said he's big on adjustments.

2. conquistador#11

Unfortunately coaching nepotism will always be a thing. My favorite moment was when Rockstar Wade was forced on Kubiak, a complete contrast of what he ran on defense. But then they go out together like Jack Lemmon and James Garner and win a superbowl as best buds where they both played and coached in the 80s.
    What if they build with the best Jabronis they like? I mean they're everywhere around the league.
    I would try to pry away James Casey from the Bengals. Klay Kubiak from the 49ers for a promotion.

Nook likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, I'm just saying how can any of us be definitive about a coaching candidate with no HC experience and act like we have a clue? Demeco can be the best leader of men of all time and suck as a HC because he can't clock manage, won't hire good people, etc. How could any of us know that?

Lovie Smith is a great leader of men.

4. Buck Turgidson

"Halftime adjustments" happen on the fly, before and after halftime.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/01...nator-other-insights-into-nfl-coaching-market

▪ The biggest name in this cycle is Sean Payton, and a league source said this past week that if the Chargers job didn’t come out, Payton would be most interested in the Panthers and Texans jobs — teams that can afford his $20 million-per-year demand, can give him power over the football organization, and have a blank slate at quarterback. The Texans are arguably the most attractive, with a boatload of cap space and picks Nos. 2, 12, 34, 66, and 74 in this year’s draft (though a few would have to be traded to the Saints in order to get Payton). Payton could handpick his quarterback in the draft, and would probably nudge Nick Caserio out of the way in a year or two.

The Panthers would probably have to give up a bit extra in a trade for Payton since they are in the same division as the Saints, but that’s an easy call to get the coach they want. It appears plausible that Payton could be a package deal with Tom Brady in Carolina.

Payton interviewed with the Broncos this past week, but the fact that Russell Wilson had to call Payton and sell him on coming to Denver probably speaks to Payton’s hesitation.

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also very prevalent in the west coast scheme. Peyton, who called a lot of audibles at the line, probably adjusted on the fly or after looking at the pictures on the sideline. I can certainly see how both could be true.

7. Buck Turgidson

Right. Saying teams don't have enough time to make adjustments during the actual halftime doesn't mean that teams don't make in-game adjustments.

8. liveguy

liveguy Member

DeMeco could also be great at HC.

Two sides to that coin.

Qan, Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Peyton has the 2nd most wins as a QB (behind Brady) and won 2 Super Bowls. Never won much?

thedude077 likes this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Stephen Silas was also well known among other NBA coaches to be a good assistant coach, knows a lot about "X's and O's", and knowing a lot of knowledge of the NBA game. How he turn out to be as a head coach???? That's how I also see Gannon in the NFL.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Things are heating up.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Brian Griese as OC?

HstnSprtsFan101, Fiah and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

LFG!!!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’ll be down for that

First year coaching and having an impact on the development of Purdy

Fiah likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

On the 2-yard line yet?

16. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

When is Cal going to give an update on that wall he was supposed to build?

Nook, Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

Kyle Shannahan finna call a half back pass from the 2 yrd line again, this time to sabotage Demeco

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kind of rooting for Dallas tonight, dare I say it.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I’m good with Demeco or Gannon either way

Rudyc281 likes this.