1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

His effort level tonight was horrendous. Deserved to br benched. Such a disappointing sophomore season.

J Sizzle, cml750, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Landry's Tooth

Corey Brewer was capable of 50... didn't mean that was the norm...

Just being real on Green. Compare him to others taken top 10 at same age... he's not in the good half...

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. anchel

anchel Member

Who's gonna help him become a winner? Like Monty Williams and Chris Paul helped Booker, for instance.

Silas, Gordon or Harden are not. Rockets need a good coach and proper vets who can lead by example and vocally. People like Austin Rivers, Dudley, Paul, Beverley.... Not like Gordon, Wall or Harden.

Carpe82, xaos and NewAge like this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen may need to sit out a game and get his head together. If the second half of last season was a fluke, then it is what it is. Most people who didn't hate him saw his potential around the league. He looked like a future scoring machine. I have serious suspicions on why he has regressed, but I can't make any excuses for lack of effort. That's my pet peeve with any player. Quitting or giving up is never acceptable.

The locker room culture must be horrible, and he is falling in line with bad habits that the organization just doesn't care about.

In my opinion top NBA prospects generally fall into 2 categories. The polished guys who have NBA ready bodies and already have an above average skill set or game. Players like Sengun, Keegan Murray, Banchero fall into this category.

Then you have the raw prospects that teams see great potential in, but it has to be developed over time. Giannis, Kawhi, even Ja fall into this category for me. It took a few years but was well worth the wait.

We are not the Spurs. They can develop anybody. We apparently cause regression in our raw talent. Christopher has regressed too. So if we can't or won't properly coach up our raw talent then the team is screwed. If they keep Stone and Silas next year, you may start hearing more players asking for trades.

For everyone who never liked him, you should do your twitter bombing thing and pump up a Spurs trade. They have several future firsts to choose from. If he's a bust, then no biggie. I feel like a SOF lol. If we can't develop him, then send him to a serious organization, where there is a track record of success when it comes developing raw talent.

Carpe82, bmelo, REEKO_HTOWN and 3 others like this.
  5. a time to chill

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not a thing that happened. Jalen Green was one of the worst defensive players in the league last year and he's one of the worst defensive players in the league this year.

Sometimes when he happens to be hot he's a one way player, fairly often he's a 0 way player.

Still time to turn things around....but the longer he goes like this, the more concerning it is.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kawhi was more like.... we got this super defensive dude with great hands and he will be our DPOY...

By the second and third season... wait what? He can shoulder an Offense?!

He is CP3 good on midrange? He is getting away with his footsteps?

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thicc.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jalen couldn’t lead a knife through a wet paper bag.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too late for this season but could essentially plan for next year.

NewAge likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Seems like Green relies on KPJ to stick up for him on the court and lift his spirits.

Talk about Charmin soft. Needs a butt buddy to man up? This kid needs a hard ass coach to teach him how to man up.

13. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Hate to say it but atm Green is miles behind expectations. No Step forward. He is the worst defender in Our team, Turnover prone,inefficiant and his lack of effort is inacceptable.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

We'll see what happen next year. Jalen seems to care last season and beginning of the season. Too many losing can really hurt your confident.

Rocketeer likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bad news for us if we spent the 2nd overall pick on such a mentally weak player. I hope that is not the case.

DaDakota likes this.
  16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

The effort is concerning, and if this continues the FO has no choice to make coaching changes.

17. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This. Something is not right with this picture. You go from a game scoring 41 points with good efficiency, effort, and diverse scoring profile (3 pointers, mid-range, drives, floaters, free throws) to piss poor effort, no aggression, and just generally disengaged.

I'm not sure what happened between these two games, but what can't be tolerated (especially in young players) is the effort or lack there of that Jalen put forth in the last game.

When Ant picked his pocket and Jalen let him have a lay up I just about lost it. Block the shot, contest the shot, foul him, do something to show that you at least care that you messed up, but to just bail and let Ant flex on you... can't support the kid if he continues that kind of behavior.

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Thing is, you don't just go from looking like a potential star to looking like a complete scrub by yourself. Jalen holds his share of blame, but it's evident the coaching staff has just lost the team at this point. We're seeing too much regression from too many players to blame it all on them...

19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He's not even trying on defense. There is difference between bad and not even try.

BaselineFade, NewAge and cml750 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The fact that we are talking about Turner instead of a legend says it all.

Someone like Boogie Cousins would have turned out better if he joined Toronto or Spurs instead of Sactown.