1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

Let’s be honest here… drafting JC 24th never made sense!!! Him over Grimes, Hyland, and Cam Thomas??? I thought for sure we were gonna draft one of them. JC sucks lol

groovemachine likes this.
  2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Agree except JC is good, but he’s a project and should have gone 2nd round. Any of those 3 you list would have been better picks than both Garuba and JC.

3. maj21

maj21 Member

I just don’t think JC is good at all, but he has skills imo. I get why we took Garuba, but now it doesn’t make as much sense. He’s undersized at the 5 and isn’t an explosive athlete to make up for it. I know draymond pulled it off, but that’s so rare

raining threes and groovemachine like this.
  4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Rumors are Harden is signaling for the Rockets not to trade Gordon. The Rockets belief it’s because. Harden wants to return and wants Gordon on the roster. Reality is he probably doesn’t want him on the Bucks or any other team the Sixers may face.

theDude and groovemachine like this.
  5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Yeah, both seemed like Hail Mary picks by Stone.

6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Makes sense, if the Rockets are Harden’s plan b for next season, he would want EG on the team as a reliable vet

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

yeppers, ‘Celt get not give pix. Nets save 10s of mil with this (make believe) deal.

8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He's not coming back next season. Not when he still got few good years going after a ring.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If they are holding on to Gordon for the hope of signing Harden, they are dumber than I thought possible.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

wouldn’t be surprised if they’re holding on to him because the return at this point would be so embarrassing after swearing up and down for 2 years that they had teams lining up offering 1st round picks

Aruba77 likes this.
  11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Bucks offered 4 - 2nd round picks I say pull the trigger.

groovemachine likes this.
  12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What about a pick swap with the 2023 bucks pick for a better pick? Something like what they did to get that pick for PJ Tucker in the first place.

Trade Gordon plus the Bucks pick for the Clippers or Knicks pick or something like that.

It would be a better outcome for both teams. The playoff team still gets to keep a 1st rd pick but they also get a rotation player. The rockets get a better pick instead of rolling the dice with 2 late 1st rd picks (if they could even get another one for Gordon)

theDude likes this.
  13. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Gordon is a horrific defender, him being on a team that would play against the 76ers in the playoffs would beneficial to the 76ers.

14. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Don't forget drafting Rodney McCray over Clyde Drexler...

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I would just pull the trigger for 4 2nd rounders already. Those 4 picks if used right can give us more than a crappy very late 1st rounder.

For instance, combine 2 or 3 of them can easily get us an early 2nd, which won’t be much different from a late 1st. Some actually value early 2nd more because of less financial liability.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

But didn't draft MJ over Hakeem.

*Ducks for cover*

17. omgTHEpotential

Agreed. The 4 second rounders can be used in so many ways. You can combine them and trade for a better pick; draft and stash guys; use as sweeteners in other trades; take fliers drafting high risk high rewards guys in the second round but still keep the financial flexibility. Not to mention EG is 34 and most definitely not in the Rockets future plans even if Harden come back.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I cant conpletely unfollow the Rockets like i have the Texans over the past couple of years but if they are holding on to Gordon hoping he can help lure Harden back to Houston ill be about as distant from this team as ive ever been.

Too many stupid decisions and i cant deal.

19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw Harden. We have plenty of money to sign better reliable vets. I really hope we aren’t going down this road again.

Easy likes this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Rockets need to be dangling Gordon and the 2023 Bucks 1st (Currently 26th) as the bait with the sole purpose of moving up in this draft. Getting in the 13 - 17 range would be a good get.

Then during the draft they can dangle that pick and Tate to move up to like #8 - 10.

jcmoon likes this.