1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA teams announced

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tacoma park legend, May 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

2. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Kobe should've made first team.

------------------
    the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

what year did jason kidd go to arizona?

arizona suns????

[​IMG]

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Yup, Kobe shoulda been a first-teamer.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I cant say Im suprised Francis didnt make third team . But Kobe , KG and Vince all 2nd? whats up with that??

------------------

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Looks about right. I'd put Garnett in #1 instead of Chris Webber, but I otherwise don't have anything to complain about. If they're considering Kobe a guard, he'd have to beat Kidd and Iverson -- which I don't think he does, especially in the regular season.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Here are the runner ups
    good to see Francis get a First Team Vote

Jerry Stackhouse, Detroit, 54 (3);
    Rasheed Wallace, Portland, 51;
    Michael Finley, Dallas, 44;
    Paul Pierce, Boston, 38;
    Stephon Marbury, New Jersey, 38;
    Antonio McDyess, Denver, 34;
    John Stockton, Utah, 32 (1);
    Steve Francis, Houston, 29 (1);
    Glenn Robinson, Milwaukee 20; Antonio Davis, Toronto, 17; Vlade Divac, Sacramento, 17; Marcus Camby, New York, 11; Anthony Mason, Miami, 6; Theo Ratliff, Atlanta, 5; Shawn Marion, Phoenix, 4; Jalen Rose, Indiana, 4; Latrell Sprewell, New York, 4; Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Vancouver, 3; Brian Grant, Miami, 3; Allan Houston, New York, 3; Terrell Brandon, Minnesota, 2; Sam Cassell, Milwaukee, 2; Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana, 2; Elden Campbell, Charlotte, 1; Antawn Jamison, Golden State, 1; Rashard Lewis, Seattle, 1; Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento, 1; Antoine Walker, Boston, 1.

------------------

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'd don't see how Bryant should've made first team, considering he's not even the best player on his own team. Kidd is far and away the best player on the Suns, and he got them to the 6th seed in the West, and Iverson was the MVP. I don't see any place on the first team for a complimentary player like Bryant.

9. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I would have DEFINITELY put Bryant above Kidd in first team voting. It doesn't matter that Kidd was the best player on his team...we're talking about better overall player, regardless of the teams they're on. If Kobe put up the same numbers he's putting up now on a team WITHOUT Shaq, would he be any more valid a candidate? You can argue he doesn't get double-teamed, etc., but when the guy is putting up the numbers he is, they beat Kidd's:

Regular Season
    Kobe: 28.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.7 stl/gm, 46% FG%, 85% FT%, 31% 3PT%, 3.2 TO/gm

Kidd: 16.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.8 apg, 2.2 stl/gm, 41% FG%, 81% FT%, 30% 3PT%, 3.7 TO/gm

Kidd is better if you're looking for a TRUE point guard, but the First Team isn't selected with BEST shooting guard and BEST point guard...it's selected with two BEST guards. And Kobe is a better player than Kidd.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

10. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

If he were on a team without Shaq, the team he was on wouldn't be as good. Probably a very low seeded playoff team if he had some decent talent around him.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited May 31, 2001).]

11. KD

KD Member

It shows that many of the people really buy into the story that Kobe is a selfish b*stard when they were voting. That is undestandable since Kobe did not really bring Lakers' better record in the regular season than O'neal. I would put Jason Kidd in the 3rd team for being a fierce fighter, on the court, and in the house. [​IMG]

------------------

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Kidd was traded to Pheonix in 96-97 season when Little Whistle (Donnie Nelson) was an assistant to Danny Ainge and Jim Clemmens was the coach for the Mavs. The trade brought Sam Cassell, Micheal Finely and A.C. Green to the Mavericks. The team had just been purchased buy Ross Perot Jr. a few months earlier and one of Ross's buisness partners and best friends (I forget his name) was acting as GM and getting advice from Mark Aquire.

Shortley after the trade Jim Clemmons was fired and Don Nelson was hired as the coach and GM. Don Nelsons first move was to trade Monster Mash (Jamaal Mashburne) to the Heat for a bunch of nobodies. He then traded Sam Cassell, Jim Jackson and a the rest of the Mavs starting line up to New Jersey for Shawn Bradley, Robert Pack and the rest of the Nets starting line up in the wackiest trade of all time.

And with that the 'Three J's' were no more. And that is your Mavs history minute! Like anyone really cares [​IMG]

------------------