1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2023.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL THE FLOATER IS LETHAL...one of the toughest shots to master imho

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Your missing the point there. GSW and Milwaukee had or have arguable the best player on the planet for stretch of time. Neither guy, Steph or Giannis, had high a likelihood of reaching that ceiling, and both are basically unicorns.

Teams have to be incredibly lucky to find players like that no matter where they are drafting, and arguably no player NBA drafted in the past 3 seasons has shown a high likelihood of challenging for that peak yet.

Stars win titles. Of course, teams can luck into them without a top 5 pick, but that is what it is... luck.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  4. anchel

anchel Member

Sengun comes from defending the guy in the corner, so doesn't matter he's paired with Mark Williams in the game, in that particular situation Jabari has to box out Williams, he's the one in position to do it. It's the same on a fastbreak, if you're the last man you have to defend a guy you're not covering in positional offense. ... Rockets are not being coached, have been abandoned, it's really disheartening.

Green just said "we're on a 12 losing streak man, we're much better than that".

- No, you're not, you are THAT bad, let me explain you why.

They don't even know the reasons. It's irritating. Then Silas says at the press conference that "I'm proud of how the guys fighted". Sure, Mr. Wonderful. Do you freaking job, teach your kids, show them the truth, because they suck and have no idea of what's happening. Joder.

Also, dissapointed with the coaching staff. What are they doing? Has anybody seen Lionel Hollins get up from his chair this season? Say something? What about how is working your? defensive system? Very unproffesional to me. Terrible culture, terrible habits. (situation is crazy)

I feel bad for the players. They would welcome a change, even if rough. No player is fine living this situation. The group is totally disoriented, lost and unmotivated.

#1204 anchel, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thanks for the insightful comment but i dont know if no player is fine with this..i think theyre perfectly fine with all this...its just a job to them, they dont look it through the eyes of fans...they come to work, put some stats on the board, paycheck is coming, all is perfectly OK

they all work for a single firm that is called NBA and wearing shirts of a diferent color is just part of the job and for the fun...nba is a circus of a kind like wwe. we want to win blah blah blah its concerning that we didnt do this or that..yada yada yada...its just a part of decorum... a good PR...

6. maypk

maypk Member

Hilariously enough, that possession is not Sengun's fault but if Bari says "it's your man" after that, it's not Bari's fault either. It's clear as a day that these young guys are not being coached. That's why Bari believes he's not the one who should have boxed that guy out. Clear coaching issues.

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Jabroni is a 3/D player that can’t shoot 3s and has bad D awareness. The only things he did on that possession are standing around and then almost BOXING OUT GREEN LOL

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If you go back to my two post, I never said YOU said one or the other had a better game. I was the one asking you, who had the better game but you never answered until now.

However it's all irrelevant. The only point I was making if nothing else, how a DEFENSIVE CENTER CAN AFFECT THE GAME MORE SO THAN AN OFFENSIVE CENTER.

Reason being, a defensive center is going to get his points just by rolling to the rim, getting offensive rebounds and put backs and occasionally being under the basket. He had 17/9/5 in 19 mins.

I'd take him ALL DAY over Sengun because he can change the course of the game.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Mark Williams didnt need touches

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

putting in the work to reach and remain on the dumb list

giphy-45.gif

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Here watch a real center that actually protects the rim

See him in the clips with Sengun on the court. Sengun too small, too slow,
    too no wingspan.......hahaha

Trolls being trolled. I love seeing you jagoffs setting your hair on fire

13. maypk

maypk Member

Please continue to embarrass yourself, i love it. LMAO.

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. I have basically stopped watching because I can't stand to see Jaygup confined to the bench. He got to play?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He was Helter skelter. He did have some impressive dribble drive plays last night.

Ancient Moabite and Williamson like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

But Sengun got all his point against Thomas Bryant (Lakers). None of you fools
    were saying that.

Bryant has had about 50 operations on his legs. Decrepit.

But keep embarrassing yourself. You see in the highlights that Sengun couldn't do anything
    vs this rookie when they were out there together.

17. maypk

maypk Member

Please continue to amuse me with your low iq posts.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

When y’all understand that Apache and HLM/Ballgame are the two dumbest people on this forum you’ll understand there’s no point.

There isn’t a single NBA scout, analyst, coach, GM that would trade Alp for Williams. Not a single one.

They’re stuck in their antiquated views that a center needs to only defend and catch lobs, because it “spaces” on offense and rim protects. When in reality it doesn’t space as well as a center who can pass out of high post and dribble hand offs.
    The really funny thing is Alp is 29th in blocked shots with only 10 of the guys ahead of him playing less minutes.
    He’s 10th in steals for centers.

These two idiots can’t understand that the game is changing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

buddy thanks for the insights, its awesome, perhaps just tone it down a notch with name calling eventho it may be deserving i suspect they may be baiting you into insulting them to get banned...[​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t care about that. Those two are idiots.
    They name call and say ridiculous things all the time, if I get banned so do they.

hakeem94 likes this.