1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The whole team stopped playing defense. Even your boy KPJ sucks at defense. They have tuned out the coach and organization and just care about themselves. They hardly play as a team

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

A lot of guys on this team play no defense

watching the 2 man game between Sengun and Green tonight, they at least looked like some semblance of a professional basketball offense. That’s a huge improvement

still need shooters and defenders

3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Lol...

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Green goes super saiyan and of course double d wants to trade him since he's not Mobley or kpj.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Objectively Green played awesome on offense, and had a great two man game with Alpi. And yet, I never thought I'd be feeling so meh after a great Jalen Green game, seeing as I've always been a big fan of his.

I hope next time he has an scoring explosion like this we can pull out a win. If that happens, all will be well (for about 24 hours, anyway)

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Game was winnable, but we had like a few possessions in a row where we turn it over nonstop. That part was so unwatchable

Roomba and Mathloom like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I feel you. I'm happy for the offensive game he had but it's not worth rubbing it in people's face. We have guys who can put up stats, but I'm more interested in his choices on drives and his defense. Those are the areas he can improve during the season to have a greater impact on winning.

It's a good step though. 41 points never looked so easy.

BigMaloe, topfive, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  8. anchel

anchel Member

So as a young scorer, he's better with people who pass the ball around him and more touches. And needs a defensive PG next to him.
    WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT

Ancient Moabite, Carpe82 and xaos like this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

Green had one good game. I need to see him string a few more together before he starts to move the needle for me. .

10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Considering that all of our first and second year players were drafted into what seems to be the worst possible situation, I'm giving them all a pass. Jalen included. I still believe that he will be a top 3 scorer in the league eventually. The organization doesn't care about defense. He was competing harder on that end earlier this season, but now he has no passion for it. This is both on him and ownership for allowing Stone to set the team and culture up this way.

It's cool that he had an efficient shooting night. The shooting slump was never my concern. Hopefully the team will add structure next year. And a defensive mind set that includes everyone getting back on defense, and being accountable in the half court. Then maybe his defense won't look like a lost cause.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand this agenda of yours - you want to give up on a 20 year old kid who is clearly offensively talented and projects to be one of the league's best scorers in a few years? You don't think his defense will get any better with a decent coach who actually holds players accountable?

He's had several good games this year lol, but agreed on the need for consistency. He's 20.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Honestly he's probably the greatest basketball player of all time. I'd bet he can beat MJ 1v1 easily.

apollo33, fchowd0311 and BaselineFade like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

JALEN GREEN IS OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER!

Am I doing it right Sengun fans? Trying to learn how to stan. Or do I need to create a new thread to make the comment better?

14. cml750

cml750 Member

He had several bad games in a row and I did not write him off or complain. It will take a few good games in a row to move the needle for me. I am still neutral on him. TBH, I find it hard to evaluate any of the young guys except Sengun under this current abysmal coaching regime. Sengun is the only one who shines most of the time despite the coaching.

#1174 cml750, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    Ancient Moabite and mfastx like this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I completely agree with this. Everyone is still so young, would like to get a coach who will hold them accountable and see what they look like in a couple of years. Then we can talk about who should be traded etc.

cml750 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, that is not my agenda - I want to point out the hypocrisy of people saying that stuff about others......

My bad....

:)

I would trade him though, I don't believe he will ever be a superstar - too many flaws - not enough skill.

DD

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And you successfully failed in showing any hypocrisy.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMHO this is what the great Rockets FO forced us fans to do.... to choose between players..

They keep piling on lotto picks, don't give them equal minutes, don't let players earn them.

Yes, at some point Green and KPJ will be discussed in trade talks.... when they pick Henderson or another combo guard.

That's just the cruel nature of what the Rox have been doing instead of trading for talent.

And nope, I don't believe they will try winning after this season.

I think they will suck, maybe not that bad, but 1-4 protected right?

harold bingo likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Nah.... this is the life of GARM. AB vs Lowry. DMo vs Tjones. Armchair Rocket GMs do this to themselves without any doubt.

I'm not really sure why you don't believe they will try to win after this season when all the evidence points that way. We've been stockpiling assets and keeping cap space open for that very reason. Do I think we will be a playoff team next season? I wouldn't bet on it, but I do think we will be in a different phase.

The irrational GARM will go crazy when we hand OKC the #9 pick next season but it's a sunk cost at this point.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller