1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is such BULLCRAP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by R0ckets03, May 30, 2001.

1. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

Ok, now I don't know why their is a question here. The "idea" behind the rule is to stop people from just hammering other players. I have refereed both HS and small college games for the last three years. Now mind you, that does not make me an NBA official, but it gives me a better idea of the official's standpoint. That being said, that call was a debacle, there is no way that Tim Thomas flagrantly fouled him. The block was clean and Thomas hit Hill on the way down. It was a slapping motion at the ball and he went all the way through it. Definetly a foul, but I even bet that the referee was embarassed about it after watching the replay.

------------------

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Horrible officiating. Funny, local guys in my area, and national media personalities like Jim Rome, who have NO CONNECTION to the 76ers or Bucks are saying that the officiating is heavily favoring the 76ers. Ervin Johnson, Scott Williams and Sam Cassell with 3 fouls each in the first half? I have a saying, if a PG is in foul trouble, then you know the officiating is atrocious.

------------------
    "I'm not here to protect my reputation, I'm here to make my reputation! Mama Barkley didn't raise no chumps!" - Charles Barkley

3. djteknokid

djteknokid Member

1) AI is a penetrator and he takes 30+ shots in almost every game... of course 76ers will go to line more
    2) Sam, BigDog, and Ray are jump shooters... of course Bucks will go to line less

good game.

------------------

4. Timing

Timing Member

You would be doing all of us a favor by not commenting further on the officials. All your nonsense about how the Spurs were robbed by the officials is now being repeated again. I'm sure you'll be going for the officials whine trifecta when the Finals roll around. Nobody ever wins because they're better, it's always the officiating.

------------------
    The ox is slow but the Earth is patient.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You would be doing all of us a favor by not commenting further on the officials. All your nonsense about how the Spurs were robbed by the officials is now being repeated again. I'm sure you'll be going for the officials whine trifecta when the Finals roll around. Nobody ever wins because they're better, it's always the officiating.

Hmm... let's take a look back at these playoffs. There have been 64 games in the playoffs this year. I've complained about the officials in I believe 4 of them, or 6.25% percent of the time. If that is always, it appears the word has gotten a new definition overnight.

Most of the times, the officials do just fine. But, to believe so sternly that they are always near perfect, as many of you do, is what's nonsense. I said that in game 2 of the Spurs-Lakers, David Robinson had several ridiculous fouls called against him, and that may have cost them the game. May. I'm just going by simple facts here that they performed very well when he was in the game, and poorly when he left. If you have the tape, then take a look back at David's 3rd and 5th fouls of the game in the 2nd half. On the 3rd foul, Shaq and David Robinson became locked up with their feet, with both falling to the floor. It should've been a no call, but if you call it on one, Shaq initiated the contact. On the 5th foul, David completely tied up Shaq (all ball) but the officials missed it. The numbers do show the Spurs were much better in that series with Davis on the floor. Now, whether or not you agree with those fouls is not the point. The point is, if you look back at the tape, that either call was definitely debatable. Would it have made a difference in the game outcome? Maybe, maybe not. But it's debatable. Just because I see something different than you do gives you no right to call it nonsense. You're fooling yourself if you don't at least think those two calls were debatable, and if you don't think there was a chance the Spurs could've won with Robinson in the game. And, because they were debatable, they certainly are not nonsense. I hate to tell you guys this, but if you don't think this game could use some improved officiating, you're very disillusioned. I give most likely well over $1000 to the NBA each year for tickets alone to games. When I spend that much money, time, effort, etc. on something, I expect it to be conducted as well as possible, and if it isn't, I will express my frustrations. If that's a problem, then please ignore my posts.

P.S. And yes, if there are obvious calls missed in the Finals, I will complain about the officiating then too. As much as players are criticized, officials have done their job for a long time, some for 20+ years. To miss some of the basic calls they do on a day to day basis is a joke. As long as it occurs, I will complain. Furthermore, I rarely, if ever, said that the officials are the only reason a team won a game or series. Again, for the most part, that is people trying to make me look bad by putting words in my mouth. Almost all of the time, the better teams win. But there are just a few instances in which there could possibly be a legit question as to what the result would've been if an obvious call had been called correctly. When those occur, I won't hide myself from the truth like many of you seem to.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

6. Toast

Toast Member

The 76ers have the MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, and 6th Man of the Year all on their team. But it doesn't hurt to have a couple of refs in your pocket either [​IMG]

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club