1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

[​IMG]

Mathloom likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I agree which is why we need a new coach.

DD

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good point.

From my experience, the first people who see through it are those who have to work closely with them. In the case of KPJ, it would be his teammates (especially those who play a lot with him on the floor) and the coaches. On the other hand, KPJ does not exactly fit the profile in that he came in with a bad rep already. Presumably it's the coaching staff and Stone who are trying to "redeem" him. So it's not that they don't see what's going on but that they insist on sticking with the redemption project.

cml750, King1, Crashlanded19 and 2 others like this.
  4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Awful shot selection and stands in his follow through for 4 seconds. This crap should have gotten him yanked from the game. You don’t take that shot if you don’t have anyone to get back. Low IQ play.

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pirouette on the missed poor shot selection to defensive breakdown to goal-tending. Only KPJ could put that combo together.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Lol nitpickers unite!

we suck.

DD

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Idiot KPJ fans united.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You know. After all this time, it only occurred to me today that KPJ is a lefty. No wonder DD has such an attachment to him. :oops:

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I like him because he has a unique skillset, he just needs a better coach

10. WestendMassive

It's another day and I still hate Kevin Porter Jr's contributions to the game of basketball.

That is all

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Oh he's unique alright. Couple gm's back, we're down by 30, he hits a 3 and starts pumping his fist down the court. Truly one of a kind.

YOLO, clutchdabear, King1 and 2 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He needs a coach to get that AAU "Show off stuff" out of him.

In the end, he is shooting well, playing well on offense but crap on defense but he isn't the only one crap on D.

DD

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He was trying to pad his stats, ignoring everyone else on the floor (as he often does; to be fair, Green does it too, sometimes - it rubs off and the coaches instill no accountability whatsoever).

clutchdabear, cml750 and King1 like this.
  14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

He's in his 4th year and still has the same attitude he's had at every stop along the way regardless of the coach. At what point does he have to be held accountable for his actions? I agree we need a new coach, but his "head honcho" mentality is killing this team. At this point, regardless of his numbers, he's a cancer to the organization. That's why both Silas AND Lucas need to be gone. Bring in someone that will not coddle him nor enable him to continue his $hit. A coach that will let him know that it IS on him and if he doesn't grow the F up he's gone. Period.

For him to spit the "Houston saved my life" ish and still act the way he does, says it all.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

This is just a massive exaggeration, he is not close to the same - he has had major growth, and yes, he needs a coach that will hold him accountable.

People like you are conflating old news with new because you don't like him.....you think everything he does is wrong, and can't win.

I see the major growth, I see a young kid TRYING to do the right thing, but not being taught how......and that is with all of them.

People that only b**** about KPJ are missing the same things happening with other teammates....

Now, I don't know if KPJ will get over doing stupid stuff - but I do know that I would like to see a coach that holds him accountable try, because his skillset as an NBA player is off the charts good......and if you can hold him accountable and have him grow it is worth the risk.

If not....we can let him go for nothing - I will withhold judgement on any of these players until I see a proper coach.

DD

fattz likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is absolutely correct. None of our young players are playing up to their capability because they are not being put in positions to succeed. I pretty sure Stone sees this, but is all in on the gamble for a top 2 pick. Silas will be gone after this year. It is a shame that we are wasting another year of development for our kids with such a crap coach, but it is what it is.

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

People like me? Do you think I'm in the minority? LOL. We obviously judge players on a different scale. If you do not see the many issues he has then I have no idea what scale your using. I agree, his numbers have improved in certain areas, but between the ears, he's still the same guy out there. His decision making and on court antics are cringeworthy to say the least. C Wood had good numbers as well, but he was all about himself and ultimately had to go due to a $hit attitude.

I spent the majority of the off season backing an extension, but always maintained that if he became a problem and in any way was hindering the growth of the young players, he'd need to be gone immediately. You can blame the coaches all you want, but they are not the guy looking like a fool out there. They're just fools for not doing something about it and IT SHOULD cost them their jobs TODAY. Bring in someone to put a stop to this mess. Because I promise you, if they don't no free agents will be coming here, are top picks will end up forcing themselves out of town and we will remain a $hit show for another decade.

Oh but hey, at least you and the other KPJ fanatics will get to watch the head honcho continue to do HIS thing all he wants.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

In the ninority? No, but I think people are looking to blame someone and he is a convenient target.

I don’t care what a majority thinks, that is the blind following the blind. We are tanking, our coach sucks, this is all on purpose.

put away your frustration and open your eyes and mind.

DD

jiggyfly and fattz like this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

"Into the great wide open... a rebel with out a clue"

TP

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

put away your frustration and open your eyes and mind.

When folks open their eyes and mind they see kpj sucking at his job. He isn't a pg, this stupid pg experiment is harming the development of everybody else. We are literally forcing a guy who spent his entire bb career prior with little to nil playmaking to learn how to run an offense alongside other youngster who has to play with this sht.

Kpj can't run an offense which leads to this my turn your turn iso fest. Folks r legit getting freeze out. Doesn't help the coach is too weak willed to call kpj out in fear of triggering an emotional outburst