1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next coach of the Houston Rockets is....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Probably because he embraces the city of Houston. He stans for the city a lot. People have good fuzzy feelings about him. I like him. I'm not sure how compatible he is with modern NBA offenses.

eliefor3 likes this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think bc he is so pro houston, I like him as a person and hate to see someone I like continuously get to the final rounds and then passed over by the same team bc they are never going to hire him

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People say that but if Tom Thibodeau can survive in the modern NBA, so can JVG. Rockets having a great defensive coach would do wonders for this team. JVG would know how to utilize Jabari and Sengun, and would develop Tari Eason. He'd help Green and KPJ out as well by giving them a system and the structure that's badly needed.

hakeem94 and albuster like this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Ime gets a look. I think he's hands down the best option. If we can forgive his transgressions. At least we would know that the organization is serious moving forward.

larry cook and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya if his transgression is having a relationship with someone in the Celtics organization then that is something I can ignore as long it isn't some type of harassment.

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm surprised by the number of mention of Mark Jackson. There may even be some threads on Jackson in the Dish. Most of the forumites are older, so I imagine most know about some of the very public things on Jackson.

As far as being out of the 'game', even JVG has had more recent coaching gig (olympics) than Jackson, who's been away from coaching for a quite a long time.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think SS is going anywhere, anytime soon. But, if he does...I'm assuming it's Lionel Hollins.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

It was harassment though.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Kemal Şengün
    Teroya Eason
    Patrick Fertitta

those are my bets

10. Ancient Moabite

What you thinking is Nia Long could possibly be another I Am Jazz hollywood club member(invert)

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

He is the best coach on the market but I didn't list him because I don't think the rockets or nba want the PR hit. There was talk when the nets were thinking of hiring him to replace Nash that the nba weighed in behind the scenes to tell them its a bad look and to move in another direction.

if he's not an option who is your second choice? i gave a few options. who are your top 3 choices?

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Udoka, JVG & Mark Jackson have got to the most thrown around names that show a lack of understanding of what it would take to be a head coach nowadays and clearly coaches people not have not spent time reading up on / studying etc. Actually with JVG & Mark it's just clamoring for some known name who both failed tremendously in their last coaching stints for various reasons. Udoka is also a hot name thrown around, but better to stay away from him for a while, especially if you're the Houston Rockets.

13. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

We don’t need Hollins. We need to bring in Mark Jackson. A proven winning coach. Everybody on our coaching staff need to go and that includes John Lucas.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

If the Boston Celtics would make him available, I would definitely go after Ime Udoka. Names or no names, we need to get things turned around. Fans are getting tired of constant losing, especially with as much talent we have on this team. I would probably keep Silas for the rest of the season, but fire him immediately after the end of the season.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Udoka literally just got his team to the Finals after they started the season horrendously.

How do people have a lack of understanding of what it would take to be a head coach, for wanting that?

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no send him to g league and keep him there forever to make a good example of him... a warning to a weak, dumb and nepotistic coaching

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

finally someone sober enough to demand lucasess head!

18. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Brett Brown Spurs assistant

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You have expansion and/or rebuild coaches that have to withstand tremendous trials
    and tribulations during their tenure.

Most just try to shape the foundation and organize things. Few are allowed to see the final product
    of their effort. Mark Jackson organized and gathered talent together that required time to
    take root. As many have reported, it often takes rookies 3 years to start to find themselves.

Kerr got to reap the reward of what Mark Jackson organized. Timing is everything.

First and foremost is salary. NBA coaches want $5M or more.
    Tilman knows a team this young is going to struggle regardless
    of the coach.

JVG needs a ready made team to take over and top notch salary
    worth him giving up his chush TV gig.. He doesn't have the patience to
    start from scratch.

Mark Jackson want $5 million or more.

Tilman at the moment is probably offering $2.5 million tops.

So unless you offer coaches that will accept that amount or less......
    you and Hakeem94 are just wasting your time.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Why? What improvements on the defensive side have we seen? Hollins isn’t the guy. I’m not 100% on what this team needs but it needs a big change on the coaching side imo.

Far too often I see a lack of effort on D and a lack of continuity on O. What this team needs is an enema.

Plowman likes this.