1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Yup...

cml750, hakeem94 and LeDakota like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]
    That's right.
    You'd better not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

The major negative I see so far with Al P that keeps him from playing more minutes is his lack of conditioning. Watch him closely and you'll see him with his hands on his knees more than other players.

Glad to see him as a main initiator on offense. When mature, this team can exploit major weaknesses that other teams have. Whether it be via isolation, PnR, or Jokic style.

Jabari, Eason, Tate, and KMJ can theirs via hustle and intangibles. Wish we wouldn't focus so much on offensive rebounds and get back faster on D, but that's more of a coaching decision.

If it clicks next year for green and we hit in the draft we can start to get really excited.

LeDakota and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah the conditioning expert from afar! and i just love those...explaining the body language to us....

how about you log onto twitter and DM jalen green he better work on his postup and back to the basket games cause hes gonna never amount to anything without them...

or even to work at his 3 pointers because hes a trash 3 point shooter right now and hurting this team....

8. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Claiming that this early might be a thought crime in this zone. Be careful, thought police may come to your door soon.

cml750 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Silas should be giving Sengun more minutes and letting him play through bad games consistently. Because he has a shorter lease on Sengun, you see this small sample size that is biased (he gets to play more if he's playing great). We actually don't know Sengun's true performance playing consistent minutes (30-32) and we might never be able to with Silas as HC.

10. cbass

cbass Member

Dude says one legitimate criticism of Sengun, something that is completely normal for young post players to deal with, and you lash out unreasonably and then take shots at a player who wasn’t even mentioned.

You are the absolute worst. We get it. You love Sengun and any reasonable critique of him will be met with tantrums and spamming of the board. You hate Silas. And you hate tanking.

We all get it. You have repeated all of this same crap ad nauseam.

Get a new hobby. Make some friends. Go for a walk.

I like Sengun a lot, I think he’s part of our core going forward. But you and posters of your ilk have polluted this board with your insanity and verbal diarrhea to the point where one can’t even make a reasonable critique of a talented young player.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

smart people realize this!
    sengun could have done all this and so much more in his first year.......

cml750 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah i remmeber harden doing that a lot more than other players... still played 35-40 minutes whenever he wanted

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

16. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Wish we could that info from an actual news source. That is possible but supposed lack of conditioning is just a speculation at this point. Last season, I heard that from Sengun once he was giving an interview in which he complained how exhausting for him to travel all the time for away games. I suppose he got used to that and other things revolving around high tempo practices, which are completely another level compared to European counterparts.

A journalist may enlighten us on that hopefully.

#6596 LeDakota, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why you act like criticizing jalen for being a trash 3 pt and trash midrage shooter and having neither back to the basket nor any semblance of postup game is not a valid criticism of jalen green?

LeDakota likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

may journalist also enlighten us on how one is supposed to improve conditioning sitting on the bench...my understanding is that the more you play the better conditioned you are...this is how harden used to get himself in shape after he would come to training camp out of shape...

conditioning issue was a scam from the day 1....alpi occasionally played 25, 28 minutes something games even in his first month here....with no problems...and he played well in those games, better in fact than in the 6 minutes games or 12 minutes games

aaquaa and LeDakota like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

At least it's getting to the point where the rest of the forum is getting completely tired of their **** I guess. But then that particular troll has been that way since last season so I doubt they'll change unless they're banned. Maybe some of the newer ones can be redeemed if they just come back down to reality and stop exploding into incoherent rage every time somebody offers valid criticism.

cbass likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

SOFs: Sengun should get at least 30 minutes a night

The Real World: hey Sengun played 32 minutes last night awesome!

SOFs: ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH! HE NEEDS TO TOUCH THE BALL EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN TIME OTHERWISE ITS A FAIL

The Real World: are we going to talk about his defe--

SOFs: oh you shut up you know nothing about the game. I could beat you 1 v 1 and my turkish crew could beat any American crew bring it on

The Real World: LOL

DreamR, Os Trigonum and Dobbizzle like this.