1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So absolutely Everything and/or Anything is possible. nice

HP3 likes this.
  2. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

He'd have to be the set-up guy. I've watched every game of his since he hurt his hammy and he just hasn't been able to lead a team as a #1 guy anymore. That's why it makes no sense to me from a basketball standpoint, it's just not the right timeline for him. He can elevate a 29 year old that's nearing his peak. But he's not the guy to babysit 22 year old kids.

I don't see it as a CP3 to the Suns situation. Booker and Ayton were farther along, particuarly during the bubble, than anything we've seen from the baby rockets.

Mr Woods, KePoW, keeez and 1 other person like this.
  3. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

He’s not coming back for the team, he’s back for the clubs

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We have no choice here. We don't have any picks after this year. They are going to sign a max player to compete no matter what and hope the Nets picks will help us net some talent meanwhile.

Harden signing makes sense if there's no other takers in free agency, he will essentially play a CP 3 role here mentoring Green, Smith and our 2023 lotto pick.

I don't even know why you are talking about championship here

gotsis and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Wimby/ Sengun
    Smith/Eason
    Martin/Tate
    Green/ Josh
    Harden/KPJ
    Playoffs

larsv8 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I still think Morey will throw everything at him before that happens... but time would tell.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd wait till after this post season to gauge how much I would be willing to sign him. Health is still a concern. I know Harden fans have been waiting for a season like this one (so far) to debunk the "Harden is washed" claim. But you can't ignore the fact that he did look very washed last season. He is not the iron man Harden in past days. Injury risk is high. If he misses a big chunk of the season and comes back out of shape again, will you want to sign him to a long term max contract?

xaos likes this.
  8. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Exactly.

We all know his personality, he's not going to be content being a setup guy for unproven 19 yo & 20 yo (Smith & Green).

And no one should bring up the 76ers, because Embiid is an absolute proven 28 yo megastar. That's completely different. And even with that, Harden had been reluctant for a long while to setup Durant (Nets) and Embiid.

Think about that... two of the biggest megastars in the game and you still have to strongarm Harden into being a secondary option. He won't give a rat's ass about Smith & Green

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yep. If we are planning to max out its gotta at least b someone of the beard caliber. And let's b realistic no one of the beard caliber is gonna want to sign here aside from him.

Only reason harden potentially wants to bc he used to play for us.

10. dmoneybangbang

Lol…. Christ I mixed up what Philly could offer… it’s still in the same ballpark. I know enough that what Houston can offer is still a lot of money to be tied up in 34 year old guard who can’t play a full season anymore.

I guess it was too much to ask to compare 34 year old CP3 to what Harden will be getting when he turns 34…. Speaking of comedy hour on the GARM.

Harden forced his back out but you are willingly to pay the Houston max for Harden? Right?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden took a backseat to KD and Embiid from day 1, what are u talking about?

matter of fact, there were multiple instances last year where Embiid and Doc said they wanted Harden to be more aggressive to score because he was too content just being a passed

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

All joking aside - If Harden did come that would move KPJ to the perfect 6 man role. Lou williams/Jamal Crawford type. Doesn't have to focus on defense as much and can focus on scoring without having to facilitate. KPJ is a good player, he's just not a point guard. And in my opinion, he's really not a starter on a contending team.

peleincubus likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Again, "the beard caliber" is assumed to be what he is today. I already pointed out that if he got injured again and had another long stretch of "washed" caliber, you still want to commit a big contract LONG TERM to a guy like that? We know when a guy gets older, those stretches will get longer and more frequent.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Dude just got a triple double with 20 assists.
    But instead you guys like to watch KPJ "develop".

FFS.

YaoMac09 and kubli9 like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Four years 1/4 Billion... Get it done Morey.

16. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Not genuinely happily to do so, I said reluctantly.

Certainly with the Nets, why do you think he forced his way out so soon? Because he was not super happy to be secondary to KD, lol. He wasn't happy period there

17. dmoneybangbang

Last year Harden was dealing with injuries so his passing was more of a necessity since he didn’t have the same burst.

18. dmoneybangbang

To be fair, that was probably more about Kyrie.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think somewhere between 99 and 100% of him wanting out of Brooklyn was Kyrie related. Possibly a tiny bit of Nash. Remember KD also tried to leave that situation as well.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

He forced his way out because Steve Nash is a joke and Kyrie is unreliable.

Harden forced his way out of Houston because he no longer wanted to be the man, got upset that he was second fiddle to KD, so he then forced a trade to Philly so that he can be 2nd fiddle to Embiid…

that doesn’t make any sense

Harden didn’t even take at least 20 shots in a single game last year in Philly

Harden averaging 13 shots a game in over 35 mpg his 1st 5 games in Philly next to Embiid, but he was reluctant to be a 2nd fiddle…

Huh?