1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VAL] VALORANT Competitive Events

Discussion in 'Clutch Gaming and eSports' started by GIGO, Jun 27, 2020.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Champions was fire as hell. Competitive valorant is crazy fun to watch.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hello hello hello
    Echo echo echo

At the video game awards:
    Valorant won esport of the year.
    The best player in val (yay) won player of the year.
    The best team in val (loud) won team of the year.
    Loud's coach won coach of the year.

Really big year in general for valorant, the competition just keeps getting better and better.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i feel like franchising killed the competition. a lot of good teams were scrapped including Optics

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Some really good teams died in the short for increased competition in the longterm. teams are stacked now. a perfect example is pancada / sacy / ardiis all transferring to NA teams. Trust, the next year is going to be crazy. All the franchise teams will be at the Sao Paulo event -- and Brazil just won Champions. It's going to be stupid hype.

#24 seclusion, Dec 22, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No doubt that there are many super team now. I just lament the destruction of optics.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I agree, optic breaking up was tragic. I think if scheduling was done better on Riot's end, they could have won champions.

But no point in being upset about it, like I said, I think this is only going to make competition even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing the next event.

DatRocketFan likes this.