1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

Gotta give Mills credit for hanging in there without his top 2 receivers and no Pierce. Too bad Stingley can't stay healthy, but the defense really needs help, Maholmes put on a clinic and there was little pressure on him except a few times.

Shark44, whag00, gatsby and 3 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was repeating what Scarface said with his if Bryce was 6' comment. Agree, ifs don't do any good. Only wishes.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

They did better than I thought they would which is the nicest thing I’ve said about the Texans in a couple years.

SuraGotMadHops and gatsby like this.
  4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yep, didn't promise any fumbles. :)

B-Bob and Two Sandwiches like this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The Chiefs defenders made a whole lot of dumb penalties giving us lots of chances. Who would have guessed the game would have been so close? Everyone blames Mills for the loss but it wasn't because of one play we lost. Mahomes was 36/41 passing. He had 18 straight receptions. Our defenders couldn't stop him from setting a record straight receptions. Their receivers got open with ease, unlike ours. They had a total 5.7 yards per carry average of all their rushers. It's hard to win when your defense is always overpowered by better players. If Mills hadn't fumbled we could have won. If we had recovered the fumble we might have won. With better play calling we might have won. With better quarterbacks we might have won. With a better defense we might have won. The list goes on.

Big Tex likes this.
  6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Good to see us play better but I'm glad we lost.
    And even more glad that we lost on a Mills mistake!
    Don't want ANYONE to start getting the idea that he can be our long term starter.
    Also we're not as home free on the #1 pick as some might think.

We currently have a 1.5 game cushion on Denver and Chicago for #1.
    That means we can only win 1 more game this year and be assured the #1 pick.

Denver has a 9pt lead with under 2 minutes and if they hold on we will have 1 2.5 game cushion on the #2 overall pick, meaning we could win 2 out of our last 3 and still get pick #2.
    Looks like den. will hold on.

We now have a 2.5 game cushion for the #2 pick but only a 1.5 game cushion for the #1.
    And Chicago has a tough schedule left (buf, det, min) so they might not win again!
    We play all our division opp. to end the year (ten, jac, ind) and all 3 are really winnable games the way we've been playing.

I just get the feeling that somehow we're gonna #$%^ up our draft position in the end!

7. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I loathe Chiefs fans...even before Mahomes they were annoying...Saint's fans are cool, but man Chief and Patriot fans are just straight trash...

Fulgore likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was actually kidding. There's never anything worthwhile to discuss when it comes to the Texans -- just predicting exact modes of failure.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I don’t think anyone can be worse than Cowboys fans. Lakers fans close second

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Actually, Texans have losses against both the Bears and Denver. So if tied with both, Texans lose the tie-breaker and have the worst record.

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Doesn't matter and won't come into play because we have a TIE on our record.
    The bears have 3 wins, the broncos 4.
    We have 1 win and 1 tie.
    We have a 1.5 game cushion on the bears and a 2.5 game cushion on the broncos.
    That means we can win 1 game a still be guaranteed the #1 overall pick, and 2 games and be guaranteed no worse than the #2 overall.
    Matter of fact even if we win out we are now guaranteed no worse than #6 as there are now only 6 teams now with less than 5 wins and our max is 4 wins and a tie!

And head to head victories usually doesn't come into play that often because the 1st tie-breaker in draft slot ties is S.O.S. (strength of schedule).

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Eagles fans stop in to say Hi!

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The last 2 games I have watched in its entirety so thats a good sign :D For real though, they have looked decent the past 2 weeks and that's without their top skill position so that's a huge plus. I don't think the 2 headed QB is the answer but it's fun to watch, Mills will be a very capable back up and that's ok. I`m glad we lost to stay in the hunt for the #1 pick but they did look decent for what we had to work with.........but by looking good the last 2 weeks I am afraid Lovie gets another year

ROXRAN likes this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Completely agree here ,..I am more concerned about the defense system that simply looks out of function and he is over that

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The worst fan is the Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees fan, by far.

red5rocket, Fulgore and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bend but don't break will wear down if the offense can't sustain drives and keep the D fresh. There are pieces there on D, and a true pass rusher would be huge.

Kemahkeith likes this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

IF: The Official Conjunction of the Houston Texans!
    P.S. IF (and when) they draft Bryce Young be prepared to continuously hear that "If" about Bryce's height repeated ad nauseam.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And what about Cowboys' fans?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I sure hope not. I am tired of disappointments.

20. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I don't hate Cowboy fans...I detest the entire city of Dallas...and since its topical I can't stand those wanna be Italian Argentinian fans either...

cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.