1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 12/17/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2022.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Only people saying that is Craig and Hollins... Then they had the nerve to put a poll up saying " Other than the Rockets, who has the best backcourt"? Lmao

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

they are really young and inconsistent, they need a new coach with a hold ‘em accountable system.

DD

solid likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did KPJ do some shenanigans on the court? I probably missed it

6. WestendMassive

It's all good, just went to the shops to restock the fridge and there was so much talent around that it made me forget all about the game.

Living in a beachside suburb in summer is the best!

aaquaa likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Being young is bs sometimes tho.. They're pros now .. They're doing stuff you see freshmen players do.. The turnovers between both of them is ridiculous.. Used to be KPJs were only highlighted but Jalen's are just plain bad now.

aaquaa and Ancient Moabite like this.
  8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 12/17/2022

KPJ acting as a fake leader. Dude often times doesn’t even know where the guy he’s supposed to guard is, let alone put up a hand.

aaquaa, hakeem94, LeDakota and 3 others like this.
  9. DaDakota

They are young and dumb, they played against veteran and smart and got whopped.

expected result.

DD

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. WestendMassive

Just the usual pout and point at other players when he threw a dumb turnover or got burned defensively. Nothing is ever Kevin's fault

LeDakota, clutchdabear, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Os Trigonum and Ancient Moabite like this.
  12. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Expected final, not results. I expect this team to lose, but they shouldn't be so confused and lost on offense. The frustration with each other is more and more each game. That's not expected. It's not expected, or at least shouldn't be, to see an offense run where the coach is trying to force a square peg (ISO and PNR all the time) into a round hole (off ball shooters, post players, catch and shoot guards, high flying finishers who need to cut). Expected final scores, expected loses, expected growing pains, but not expected or at least shouldn't be expected this level of lack of accountability, level of lackluster effort, level of incompetence.

13. DaDakota

Yeah, they are not well coached for sure.

DD

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once again it’s a skill issue - 3-29 from 3 and youth issue / mental (turnovers)

If I draw up plays and it creates open shots … then did I not do my job?

Who is the Rockets shooting coach? 0-12 from back court… 1-17 in first half 2-12 in the second

this is also the reason the refs messing up last game sucks even more …

15. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

You straight faced think the offense this team is running is the style that this team with experience can have success with? And a coach who hasn't shown the ability to adapt and make adjustments in the game when his system isn't working is the coach we'll win with? We just see the team, game, and probably the entire sport differently then. Cause Idk how ANYONE can watch this game tonight and defend the system we run.

Edited to add: Green is struggling from 3. ANyone can see that. How many pin downs for a mid range shot did he get tonight? How many catch and shoot corner 3s is he getting a chance to take? Or does he know he always has to either get a kick out wing 3, a bail out 3, or a drive off a PnR? No adjustments. Sengun post ups? eh not even worth talking about it's talked about too much. How many times did we see a backscreen for our best catch n shoot player? Seriously, how anyone can enjoy this style of basketball or think it's the best style for young players to grow in is beyond me.

mirdirir, subtomic, Dopamine and 2 others like this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm almost ready to say give Mathew more minutes to launch make able 3s.. Maybe then theyd get some spacing for that horrible ass pnr they run..

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Went back to gif sassy Jabari :D
    [​IMG]

18. JazzLakerHater

I was at the game today, and I sat two seats away from Rafael Stone. Did not look terribly happy and he was calling out the refs.

19. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

He should be calling Quinn Snyder or Chris Quinn instead of the refs. And calling DJ Augustin as well as any team willing to take EG for picks.

20. JazzLakerHater

I was contemplating whether I should say something to him, but he already looked agitated, so I thought it was best to leave him alone lol