1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You're given the chance to pick one player in the entire NBA who'd attempt a behind the back bounce pass in traffic to a moving big man.

I'd need one try to guess correctly who'd be stupid enough to do that.

Insert the 3 KPJ fans: ahhctuaallly here's why that's Sengun's fault

Would've been hilarious if Josh Hart just pointed at him as they ran back up the court after scoring on their 4 on nothing fast break off the back of the aforementioned pass, the way KPJ did after Hart fell down.

This guy does absolutely nothing to make himself likeable.

2. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Does anyone keep track of how many games KPJ has with more TO than assists?
    Someone has to stop this aberration. He is ruining the development of the team. KPJ is not a PG, and never will be. How much more evidence will be necessary?

clos4life, RudyTBag and clutchdabear like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

people really thought KPJ’s 38% shooting from deep last year was real…

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

I've never ever really hated a Rocket... until KPJ. Even Pippen or JLin wasn't as much of a useless tool as this farce of a basketball player. Mental-midget level bball IQ, lazy low-effort, no hustle, terrible teammate, bad attitude. This ****er not only shouldn't be on this team, but shouldn't even be in the NBA.

If the Rockets offered him up for a top-56 protected pick, would any team bite? I highly doubt it. The 3 seasons since he's been here, he's only gotten worse, and even if his off-court behavior has changed, his on-court demeanor is still as highly toxic as ever. He's lucky that the current baby Rockets are a bunch of good character guys that aren't about to sock him the face.

Go back to the original KPJ trade to the Rockets thread, and I wanted to avoid this loser like the plague... little did I know how much this cancer would have control over my favorite team. Un****ingbelievable. At this point, if you still support KPJ, I really have to question your Rockets fandom. Because he is dragging this team down to NBA purgatory and it will take a long long time for this team to recover.

Get KPJ the **** off of this team.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

well damn :eek:

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm in the exact same place as you.

Sure, I've disliked a Rocket now and then.

But KPJ is the first in 19 years of being a true-blue Rockets fan where I've legitimately hated someone.

Not just on the basketball court skill-wise. I hate him as a person too.

It honestly speaks volumes about this entire organisation from the owner down, that they feature someone like him.

When not a single other team in the entire league want him.

It absolutely sucks having to watch him on the court.

I've got tickets to a Rockets/Spurs game in March - I'm making a sign that reads 'Houston, I pray you trade KPJ'. I wonder how long it'll be until security ask me to remove it, or I get some pumpkin soup all over my clothes.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I think he's doing great as a decoy for how far away we are from NBA relevance.. I'm not even sure I want him here as a 6th man anymore.. His pouting is contagious..

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was bad tonight but he had plenty of company.

DD

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

whataboutism. This is a KPJ thread.

11. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Scottie Pippen should get hate. KPJ is just frustrating. He continues to be frustrating because of what the coach and GM are telling him he is. He is not a top 32 point guard.

DominantBig likes this.
  12. maypk

maypk Member

I think it's not really about him being bad at this point. Regardless of the outcome, the Rockets play terrible basketball when he's on the court.

He was subbed out with 6:46 left in 2nd qtr and he checked back in with 3:20 left in 2nd quarter. And that 3 and a half minutes was the best basketball the Rockets have played this season. Jalen-Jabari-Sengun trio without KPJ on the court.

It doesn't matter if he has good or bad individual games, his playstyle effects the team in the worst possible way. If you don't care about my words just rewatch that 3 and a half minutes.

#2712 maypk, Dec 17, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  13. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

KPJ playing bad is one big problem in terms of actual basketball play on court. But giving a player 35 minutes a night with no consequences of bad or irresponsible play or negative behaviour will certainly cause problems with players who play their a*ses off and cannot get minutes. It is hard not to see the negative energy on the team and this is really hard to achieve with such a young team. Congrats Silas! you did it!

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

It's unfair to say this I admit, but I wonder what kind of mindset he'll have if the Rockets draft Scoot or Thompson or acquire a good PG someway .. I'm betting if he's moved to 6th man, he's gonna try to selfishly destroy them in scrimmages and practices and force the organization's hand in getting rid of him. Although that's the mindset to have, I'm sure in his case it may come across as conduct detrimental to the team.. And what kind of impact will that have on his twin? It's unfair to think as such for the young man but it's not out the realm of possibility IMO.. Hope I'm 100% wrong!

clos4life and rocketchampsdad like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

man takes highly contested shots that look awful when he whiffs.

man takes awful inefficient shots when he could pass it to an open teammate

man does not pass the ball properly when he attempts to get his teammates involved

I can't say i pay attention to him pouting though.

clos4life and rocketchampsdad like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a terrific kid that is trying his ass off, and he has improved some. I really hope he finds his way. BUT:

I think most of his touches should go to JG/Sengun/Jabari. We are prioritizing KPJ over Sengun and it is damn near criminal. Give Jabari/Sengun a KPJ green light, NOW. KPJ hasn't earned this leash.

17. Buck Turgidson

Last season: 5
    This season: 6

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with you Apache. Boston and Memphis have good defensive identities. We all know how GS "competes".

daywalker02 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

As I posted before KPJ would be "darling" of Rockets fans if he was asked to play 6th man role but will be hate figure for fans soon due to misuse/

Silas is destroying KPJ's career. Soon both will be kicked out. They deserved to be shown the door.

AroundTheWorld and clos4life like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I seriously don't hate anyone but he seriously has to come off the bench or get him some load management.