1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JaLeN's OfFeNsE iS sTaRtInG tO.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Dec 9, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Make me dizzy. It's so up and down!

I know he's only 20yrs old and he's growing and developing but at what point should we start seeing some consistency?

His contract is due in 2025, by 2024 the Rockets will have to make an offer to extend him. Hopefully by next season he can get this STREAKINESS out of his game and become more consistent.

#1 hlmbasketball, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

As a proud member of "the Jalen Green will be a mfin star club" , I'd have to concur.. I'm waiting on that explosion cause I know it's gonna be breathtaking... And btw, IDIOT.. lol

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd like to see him incorporate more midrange game as he can get those shots anytime he wants and reduce the reliance on the 3 ball that is so streaky.

gfab-babyboi, PeterKingX and aaquaa like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He seems to free himself up at around the free throw line alot, but then attacks in some weird angle and throws up some miracle layup attempt.. Just take the gimme sometimes..

Carpe82, hlmbasketball and aaquaa like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yup. He’s taken some big steps. The next should be consistency.

clos4life likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree but we need the coaches, scheme, and teammates to get him some easier shots.

Carpe82, clos4life, fattz and 2 others like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Causals b thinking second year wall doesn't exist. I rather consistency b the big issue rather then regressing or falling off like usual hotshot rookies encounter.

Herb Jones seemed to disappear from media talking point

nikolatran likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That thread title made me dizzy

10. fattz

fattz Member

I want to see him in a system built around his talents. Then and only then will we truly know what we have.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Consistency doesn’t typically come until year 3.

Ancient Moabite and red5rocket like this.
  12. DreamR

DreamR Member

His next step is to improve his shot selection. He needs to find areas on the floor where he is most comfortable and consistent and focus on getting to those spots.

Great players have spots on the floor where the majority of their points come from, and they know how to get open or lightly contested shots in those spots

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He needs to learn to go left, he is almost all right handed.....

And he needs a much more improved handle....

Also a system where we can get him easier shots would help.

Both KPJ and Green have to work so hard just to get a shot.

DD

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I’d say either the third or fourth year. As long as there’s year over year improvement, though, we should be happy and patient

Dobbizzle and Mathloom like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Age 22 like literally most every player that got into the league before age 22.

Mathloom likes this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He’s one of the most talented prospects the org has ever had. He did progress through his first season. I’ve noticed he’s slightly better at finishing this year, but per what others have mentioned, his shot hasn’t been good and his shot selection is terrible. I think he’s a confidence player, but I haven’t seen big progression on the bballIQ. His handles need to improve as well. Obviously consistency is an issue, but I think there are other issues. I’m concerned we are not a good organization and May squander his development and talent. But he’s also got to take accountability and work super hard to get better. Needs to become Jabari’s gym butt buddy.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You're correct. I see him jumping off the wrong foot a lot and taking bad layup attempts, rather than going into the defenders body and drawing the foul. Although he has gotten to the line more this yr.

Like I said, I want to give him this yr and next yr as well to polish his game but he needs to start to become more consistent.

18. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

It’s a bit concerning, but I’m not to worried about it. He seems to only be struggling on the road which is expected from a young scorer. I’d be more concerned if he was bricking a lot at home like he is on the road, but since he’s not I feel he’ll eventually clean that up with time

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

calm your pp. give green 7-9 more seasons

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He's not a guaranteed super max at this point, I wonder if he will be OK with a Tyler Herro type contract if he doesn't improve. If he does take the next step then he will be worth the super max.