1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So just because majority of the posters are against the KPJ at PG experiment, it's a "bully"? Or you just want to be a contrarian?

2. Dredd

Dredd Member

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I just think KPJ is a lot better than people think and they are all tied into the nomenclature of PG versus what he actually is which is a very good SG....on par with Jalen, just a bit different - and we are lucky to have both and are trying to find a way in which they both can play together.

Ala Francis and Mobley.

I have never cared what a majority wants.....we are all just fans - our jobs aren't on the line and sometimes we are right and sometimes wrong.

DD

4. Fantasma Negro

I admit I was hard on dude last season but his growth and development are showing this season. He's coming into his own. I still don't think he's a true point guard but neither is Harden

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Let’s see, who should I believe: Random people on this board with no avatars, or Dame?

hlmbasketball likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think your option 2 is an overly rosy interpretation of his value. Do you really think that KPJ under his current contract has any value if he doesn't improve? Like hypothetically if he doesn't improve at all and what we see now is just what he is...I believe that's a negative contract. I don't think he has any trade value at all. KPJ, just like all our players, has to improve to become valuable. I don't think we have a single player on this roster (except EG I guess) that has any value if they don't improve.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

In the last 3 seasons I think Dame has played against KPJ once (looked it up pretty quickly on Dame's gamelogs, so maybe im off a game)....
    These guys have a long relationship and are friends.
    It's a relatively meaningless comment from Dame.
    It's like when an opposing coach says Silas is the perfect coach for the rebuilding job!

Life came full circle for Kevin Porter Jr. and Damian Lillard Friday night - The Dream Shake

maypk and clos4life like this.
  8. Houston77

Supporting Member

Hmm, who to believe. Dame or “JayZ750.” Hard choice.

9. Houston77

Supporting Member

I guarantee if Dame said Green was one of the hardest guys to guard, it’d be discussed for multiple pages. But Dame says it about KPJ and the board is like, “meh.”

jiggyfly and Jontro like this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

meh

javal_lon, Jontro and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Feels like KPJ had last season and this season to show if he can be a primary ball handler.

I don’t see it. I don’t mind giving him more time this season but I also wouldn’t mind trying him as 6th man.

He feels like a classic bad team, good stats player.

maypk likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Meh. He said “under the radar guy…..”

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see, now Dame, Doc Rivers and Ryan Hollins ALL think KPJ is a good player but certain fans on Clutchfans think he isn't.

I think I'll trust the NBA personnel

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

We are debating with guys who only see basketball through tunnel vision lenses. They only think the Rockets need a pass first PG to win a Championship.....I bet half of them can't name 5 pass first PG in the NBA

15. Houston77

Supporting Member

Not to mention Kevin Love said that KPJ was "by far" the most talented Cavs player. But hey, none of them know what they are talking about.

https://fansided.com/2021/02/16/kevin-love-kevin-porter-jr-talented-cavs/

hlmbasketball likes this.
  16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Doc was a horrific gm when he got power for the clippers so that’s a really poor example. Players are some of the worst talent evaluators that exist, so their opinion is mostly worthless

Richie_Rich and clutchdabear like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let's see, now LeBron and Harden think Westbrook is a good player (and many other players who come to his defense) but certain fans on Clutchfans think he isn't.

I think I'll trust the NBA personnel.

:D:rolleyes:

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So people who haven't played are better evaluators?

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Who are the only team that doesnt give its ball to their best player or atleast an allstar pg.

Dredd likes this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Players are very political.