1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ Martin drawing interest of Suns, Heat, Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, that is out of context

I said that in the future we MIGHT have to trade one of Green or KPJ if the whole combo guard doesn't work out and you might get more for Green.

Come on now....let's not fuel false narratives. This is how bad rumors get started.

DD

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Does he have good size? He’s too small to guard most 4s and too slow defensively to guard most 3s on perimeter. I don’t think he’s “the exact type of player people want to get back.” He’s just super athletic and jumps high. Essentially, he’s mostly flash over substance. He’s never going to be more than a 6th man energy guy. I wouldn’t lose sleep if we traded him.

he’s good enough to not trade him for just anything, but not good enough to expect much more in return than a late first.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

o_O:rolleyes:

:confused::rolleyes:

4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't want to trade KMj just for the sake of trading him and I think he's happy longterm here now that he's getting minutes (that is if he can get a little bank).
    I mean who wouldn't want to play for a young team in a top 6 NBA city for a coach who's never gonna tell him (or anyone else) NO!

One of the few trades I would do though is with Indiana.
    They might not want to do this but I look at them and they're sitting at #5 in the EC in the thick of the playoff hunt.
    They don't have a sf listed on their roster scoring even 8 ppg.

We can take care of that AND give them some bench firepower in one fell swoop!
    We give them KMj and EG for pg Andrew Nembhard.
    This dude was criminally underrated at Gonzaga and is starting to pop.

theDude, fattz and Aruba77 like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t see Indy trading Nembhard with his recent blowup. And I definitely don’t think it’s clear he’ll have a better career than KJ (there’s just not enough track record to know how good of a prospect he is yet). But I like where your head is at. The Pacers could definitely use KJ and EG.

the reality is that Tate isn’t going anywhere having just extended him on a team-friendly deal. And Tari is looking like a top tier prospect. So I really don’t see the minutes available at the 3 spot for KJ. I’d certainly rather have KJ than Tate, but I’m confident the org is going to keep Tate. That’s why I think there’s a decent chance KJ gets moved.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. DaDakota

Exactly what I said I said.....I said.....

:)

DD

Attached Files:

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

He’s become a troll that just looks to contradict whoever questions his irrational take. I’d find it funny if he didn’t post so frequently

elvis and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

I would send KMJ and EG to Miami for Jovic and Duncan Robinson + a 1st and 2 2nds

mac_got_this likes this.
  9. Garner

Garner Member

Only if those 1st rounders are protection free.

10. maj21

maj21 Member

**** no

11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I really couldn't disagree more. KJ is the young guy I see making smart plays most often, by far. He plays within the team concept, doesn't jack up shots, doesn't turn the ball over, scores efficiently. He's not too slow to guard 3s at all. He has room to grow defensively regarding making the right rotation and all that, just like the rest of the young guys do.

I think what he does goes unappreciated because he doesn't take over games but he's contributing pretty steadily every time he gets on the floor

But he's already more than an 'energy guy', his game has plenty of substance and will get even better if he can increase his 3PT%.

I think he's likely to become an above average starter and average something like 14 and 7 pretty consistently.

If we have to trade him at some point, but I think some of y'all are willing to sell low because you might have mischaracterized his game.

That's just my opinion though, I could be entirely wrong

#231 Zen Tabak, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    Space City and Ancient Moabite like this.
  12. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Why not? Jovic has some amazing upside, size and talent. Duncan provides some shooting this team needs to help Sengun KPJ and Jalen. Contract sucks but that's what the 1st and 2 2nds would be compensation for. I think its a pretty fair trade. Maybe 2 future firsts instead of the 2nds.

13. maj21

maj21 Member

KJ still has upside and is already very productive. Duncan Robinson is a horrible contract and he’s terrible on defense, while we already have bad perimeter defense and no rim protector. I don’t think they would give up future firsts in that deal

BallSoHarden likes this.
  14. MC31B

MC31B Member

That Robinson contract would almost guarantee that OKC gets a lottery pick from us. For two unprotected first it would be a good deal but no way Miami is doing that. They are best off doing a full rebuild in two years and milking Hero for all they can get in the trade market.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Duncan Robinson is considered one of the worst contracts in the NBA currently. You would need to get A lot back to take that on.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There are several pieces I would not trade.
    KMJ is one of them.

He is a SOLID 6th man on a playoff team.
    He is a GOOD Starter

Every Contender IMO would like him.

Rocket River

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. DaDakota

I am not trolling at all, I am generating discussion about Rockets basketball that I find interesting....FFS you bunch of sensitive gits....

DD

18. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t know what we have in TyTy Washington but Nembhard seems like a perfect fit. Oddly enough he was selected 31 (our SRP). A clean Martin for Nembhard would work for me. He and TyTy battle it out for the Nix playing time.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think there is room for all three (Tari / Tate / KJM) of them because they get minutes at both the 3 and 4 spots. One of them starts & the other two split backup duties across both spots.

I'm more concerned with the Center spot, I believe Bruno is what he is at this point but both Sengun & Garuba need development .... But all of them have earned minutes, its hard not to see them all playing.

I don't see a trade for EG unless you are giving up another small contract - the only ones I'd tie to him are Mathews & Nix, anyone else and they can kick rocks, I'd rather buy EG out at than give up KJM or JC.

Also I would NOT be looking to add anyone at the point guard spot during the season, I don't want to add W's - let the tank commander tank (KPJ) and we'll solve that riddle in the offseason - depending upon draft position maybe you go after FVV.

Aruba77 likes this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

People love to trade for projects, but then when a project turns productive are ready to ship them out for a new project that could be more productive in the future. Is this a consequence of Morey’s asset management?

theDude and hakeem94 like this.