1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. maypk

maypk Member

So basically you believe KPJ will be running the show even if the Rockets draft Scoot Henderson. Cool stuff bro

Ankara1923 and clutchdabear like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Assuming we don't draft scoot.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every year, a new roster dictates new changes and a completely new plan after evaluation.

DD

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I literally just named a young Reggie Jackson. U can’t read or something? Young Dennis Schroder has done the same. Sorry, most trash players aren’t afforded the shots and time of possession KPJ is given to average some arbitrary statline.

yeah, because that’s what we’re saying…

when u got nothing, just create a dumb strawman thinking you’re actually saying something…you’re not

clutchdabear and maypk like this.
  5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Like you said, he's not a PG, he's a combo guard. I think he's a bench combo next season asked to play to his strengths in limited time, without being asked to create for others. Instead of being a square peg in a round hole. When we get a real coach and have no incentive to tank next year, I think that's the end of the "experiment". Better for him, better for the team.

Ankara1923 and maypk like this.
  6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I was convinced that this was the plan, but lately I am feeling more intervention from the front office to Silas. Bruno not getting many minutes, Sengun finishing a game, trying out new things with Green. I won't be surprised if KPJ has a different role next year. This year, yes, he is gonna run it.

Easy and Ankara1923 like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

When the best comparison you can make is half a season of "young" Reggie Jackson, you know you're reaching.

Dennis Schröder, now we're talking. Schröder, in 2017 - 2018 (his best season), averaged 19/6/3 with a worse TS% than KPJ and a much higher usage percentage (30 v. 25) while taking more shots per game (17 v. 15). So, he did less than KPJ while being used more, shooting more, and being older.

Thank you for proving my point.

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

What is this even supposed to prove? That he's holding onto the ball same as some elite guards? AND??? Does he produce the same numbers?

I bet if you list the top turnover players, he'd be in good company too. And you'd also wet your pants. SMH

#1868 duluth111222, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    Ankara1923, clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

a half season, and then the entire next season

u really have trouble reading don’t u

convenient how u left out Schroder’s 16-17 season

oh, now it has to be someone who was KPJ’s exact age, had his exact usage, and hit some useless arbitrary statline

goalposts moved

if you’re point is that you’re clueless, then I definitely proved that one

clutchdabear, DatRocketFan and maypk like this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

What if he hits those numbers while still looking completely lost running the point? If he's still flunking the "eye test", what then?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

imagine posting that tweet thinking it makes KPJ look good

12. Houston77

Supporting Member

So, what’s your point about Schroder? That he was far worse than KPJ at 22? Interesting point, I guess.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t read and have severe comprehension issues…maybe that’s why u thought posting some useless list about who averages 19, 6, and 6 meant something and can’t even attempt to make a point unless it involves multiple strawman

this is getting too easy for me

14. Houston77

Supporting Member

Man, I had more respect for you, Reeko. I thought you l were a better poster than King1 and his ilk. Guess not.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of weird that you'd think that to begin with TBH

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

So I’m just supposed to accept a barrage of bad faith arguments and strawman talking points with a smile?

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah I think the takeaway you could argue is highlighted in that tweet is that The Rockets are in bad company, though the contract they got KPJ to agree to somewhat removes the risk. All those other guys are stars who have proven their worth that no one would argue doesn’t deserve the ball dominance or in Cades case a second year, high drafted/pedigree guy still on his rookie deal.

KPJ is a 4th year guy on the last year of his rookie deal who has already been given an extension while giving what can only be described as volume, inefficient production who is supposed to be proving that “he’s not only already worth the 20+ million he’s about to get, but that it’s actually a bargain”

duluth111222 and Reeko like this.
  18. Houston77

Supporting Member

I apologize if you consider my arguments “bad faith.” But ask yourself — are they really bad faith, or do you just dislike KPJ that much.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Did, you forget about the acknowledgement from Doc Rivers?

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How about rookie Michael Carter Williams? 35 mpg, 15.1 FGA, 16.7/6.2/6.3, 25.7% usage, and 48% TS. That's pretty close other than the shooting percentage, and that team was tanking as well, they won 19 games.

Ankara1923 likes this.